IGNORED

Action Replay for the 3DO?

Getting an Action Replay cart really changed the way I game on my Saturn and made life a whole lot easier. Codes aside, the main benefit for me is having ALL that save space. The region free part is nice too...

Anyone know of any similar solution for the 3DO that has been released? The minimal on-board memory is so easy to fill and I hate deleting old save game files for games I know I will be playing again in the near future.

As far as I know Panasonic did a memory expansion unit and a VCD add on, both were Japan only and go for a hefty fee on ebay these days.

Now that USB memory solutions are happening to replace game discs i'm wondering has seen anything like this yet for 3DO system memory. Thanks.

What other dream ad on did you wish existed for your 3DO?

post-38373-0-92930100-1487009842_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-74395500-1487009843_thumb.jpg

Edited by travistouchdown

Yeah the Game Guru was about it, it did have a function for compressing save files, though I'm not sure how much extra storage that really provides you. Aside from a few of the SNES controller adapters back in the day, I didn't see much 3rd party support in terms of hardware accessories for the system. I guess it never really took off enough to make developing hardware worthwhile, though the new USB adapters are pretty cool.

Too bad...the memory is the main issue I run into time and again when i'm on a 3DO kick and have a lot of saves going. Most games are pretty good but some take up the bulk of the system memory. An action replay type dongle (made in Hong Kong!) would be the way to go. C'mon south east Asian entrepreneurs, get on this!

When I go on 3DO kicks, I try to figure out what I really want to try to play through seriously (versus games I just want to play a level or two of), and I'll blow away anything off the system that's unrelated to that objective.

Yeah that's more or less been my strategy thus far... works pretty well overall.