IGNORED

"The Minstrel’s Legend” An Intellivision RPG?

Centurion

The ad, appearing in a few select markets, attempting to build buzz.

https://twitter.com/IntvPrime/status/873173732856131584

attachicon.gifThe Minstrels Legend Ad 2017-06-09.jpg

(designed for a quarter-page ad, 600dpi)

Shut up and take my money!

Huge RPG fan ... reminds me of Ultima! This will be a must have for me :lust:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard that the game will use the revolutionary JLP architecture, which allows for game saves, expanded use of variables, and accelerator for some math/move operations (doesn't make a game faster, but lets a game stay at the same speed without slowing down for computationally-heavy ops). The game uses a lot of ROM (Freewheel Games clocks in their latest release at 92k, The Minstrel's Legend will be at least that), which also means using JLP.

So, no battery, just Flash RAM for saving. The idea is to finish a game in 1-2 hours, and be motivated to play again, so saving probably won't be very necessary.

The nerds at Intv Prime have put some thought into the replay value. Because TML is an Intellivision "RPG-ish" game, when a player completes the game they can play again and due to multiple paths and programmatic/random parts, winning once is not give a full formula for winning again. In contrast, a full RPG like Ultima V on the Apple II guides the player on a single path, when a player completes the game (n-hours/days later) they have little motivation to play it through again.

post-31694-0-47603700-1519182574.jpg

So much want!

Does anyone know if this is going to include battery backup on the cart?

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Rumor has it that Intv Prime is considering allowing some people to "donate early" to the game, to get into the game.

There are a few places for see NPCs, so instead of filling them with generically represented characters, they would be represented by people that pay to be stamped in the game. Since the release will be charityware with no profits made, Intv Prime is looking at ways to defray some of the overhead with production costs by letting a few people be "immortalized" in a cartridge. For example, instead of buying equipment from "The Merchant", wouldn't it be cool to buy equipment from "The Merchant Cee Marto"? :)

• Like 5

Rumor has it that Intv Prime is considering allowing some people to "donate early" to the game, to get into the game.

There are a few places for see NPCs, so instead of filling them with generically represented characters, they would be represented by people that pay to be stamped in the game. Since the release will be charityware with no profits made, Intv Prime is looking at ways to defray some of the overhead with production costs by letting a few people be "immortalized" in a cartridge. For example, instead of buying equipment from "The Merchant", wouldn't it be cool to buy equipment from "The Merchant Cee Marto"? :)

Lol! I'm in!

I'm in Shadowrun Returns that way. Would gladly pay a little extra to be the ferryman you have to pay to cross the river. :-P

that's something my heirs will be proud of, maybe :ponder:

I'm in, if there's still one seat available to the party

• Like 1

PM sent :thumbsup: