IGNORED

Lock 'N Chase 8k (Collapsing Lupin) with Box (Only 4)

SoulBuster

I did the math and I want to bring humor into this thread as I have seen none so far.

If i end up in third place at $111. 01 the total for the top four will be $444.06 for the four winners or losers how ever you may view it! :P

As long as your happy , there are no losers on this bid only the community loses as a whole because , a precedent has been set. ;)

it is what it is ! Defend or Criticize depends on how you look at it and who you are "The Chosen , The In" or

The Rest... Take that as you well..

Enjoy Collecting and Gaming Inty Rocks !!!

• Like 2

No animals have been hurt building this box. I'm waiting for a Hypnotic Lights Box next. Maybe I'll make come carts for PRGE. LOL

Yeah it was, lol. Intellivet had some real concerns and brought up some good points. I thought he deserved a thorough and well thought out response, as did everyone here. Long story short, there is no plot to squeeze extra money from the community here. Just some members who made a few things and offered them to the group at large in the fairest way possible.

• Like 3

...I want to bring humor into this thread as I have seen none so far.

No humor??!?! Awwwww.... I THOUGHT some of my rant might be a TINY bit humorous. I am now sad.... You have brought me great sadness and I will now sadly weep in my sad KIA, filling my sad cupholders with my sad tears. How utterly sad... and not humorous. :(

• Like 5

No humor??!?! Awwwww.... I THOUGHT some of my rant might be a TINY bit humorous. I am now sad.... You have brought me great sadness and I will now sadly weep in my sad KIA, filling my sad cupholders with my sad tears. How utterly sad... and not humorous. :(

For some reason KylJoy , I sense your not happy ? I wonder where I'm getting that impression. lol

• Like 1

How much a PCB only version of 8K Lock n Chase would cost? I think can just swap the old one I have with a box with the 8KB version. I feel that the collapsing Lupin made the game more complete. Kinda of owning uncut movie film or owning the 24KB version of DK for Colecovision that have the death animation.

Yeah it was, lol. Intellivet had some real concerns and brought up some good points. I thought he deserved a thorough and well thought out response, as did everyone here. Long story short, there is no plot to squeeze extra money from the community here. Just some members who made a few things and offered them to the group at large in the fairest way possible.

THANK YOU for your well thought out response. I do understand that you (nor any other developer here) are not a major gaming manufacturer and have a job, family, and life outside of the hobby and was not my intention to speak as if you can just churn boxes out at the drop of a hat. My rant was not intended to be directed directly at you but at the comment that other developers could produce carts but "probably will also not get the box treatment", implying no more boxes would be made as if some insider deal was in place. If I misread that then I apologize. Yes, I essentially said "no rush" in my PM yesterday to you and still mean it but once I read comments like that, whether misread or not, it pushes the urgency to address the issue or confusion.

I will not debate every point you made and make two very long posts even longer except to say that I understand your opinions and appreciate you respect mine in return. They are very different in some aspects but that's what makes us all a community! My guess is that most folks on this forum feel that a "complete collection" would be at least one variant of all the 125 and homebrews CIB but that has been endlessly discussed elsewhere. I will also say this: you are too modest about your boxes. They ARE highly collectible items (not just prettier than clear plastic), definitely add values to the homebrews and are becoming an important part of collecting in this community when they are produced (in my opinion). If you doubt that then all you have to do is look at these two Piggy Bank sales on eBay a week apart last December to see the significant difference in value the accessory box/manual/overlays add:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Piggy-Bank-CIB-INTV-Rare-Game-/182392376636?hash=item2a776ecd3c:g:k~EAAOSw5cNYTfYC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piggy-Bank-for-Intellivision-Brand-New-/182392390653?hash=item2a776f03fd:g:VVgAAOSw44BYVgq7

• Like 6

I really only wanted the cart first, it was my bad for not picking it up when I had the chance.

I hope someone makes Super pro Baseball collapsing 1st basemen where the player falls down so you can score the winning run in the World Series! (sorry Red Sox fans from what was that 1986? :) ).

Or a remake of Basketball, Collapsing Power Forward, it would make it wayyyy easier to get a rebound. I want the ball! :)

Hockey, collapsing goalie.........we shoot, we score! Awesome game idea! :P

• Like 3

You have a Kia? Damn, now I am jealous!!! ;-)

• Like 1

I really only wanted the cart first, it was my bad for not picking it up when I had the chance.

I hope someone makes Super pro Baseball collapsing 1st basemen where the player falls down so you can score the winning run in the World Series! (sorry Red Sox fans from what was that 1986? :) ).

Or a remake of Basketball, Collapsing Power Forward, it would make it wayyyy easier to get a rebound. I want the ball! :)

Hockey, collapsing goalie.........we shoot, we score! Awesome game idea! :P

LMAO!!!

Yes , comical for sure... lol

How about a cape for Pac Man after he eats the power up? ;)

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

I personally don't understand why Lock N Chase (8k collapsing Lupin version) is considered a 'homebrew' or even requires a box of its own. Reportedly, the 8k version was supposedly released as a running change. I've come across dozens and dozens of copies of the game over the years and NEVER have seen it once. I don't believe it ever made it out, but I could be wrong.

Supposedly, it plays better, and of course has the collapsing Lupin animation. I'd personally want THAT one in my collection. If I found one, I'd put it in my best box and put that on the shelf. I wouldn't bother with the other one as I don't personally collect variants. (Your mileage may vary)

I think that was the idea when SoulBuster started selling 'repro' Lock N Chase cartridges. He was never representing that these were actual 'in the wild' copies of the 8k version. That's why they were loose. They are meant to be a direct replacement for the one already in your box.

Obviously 25 copies was about right as it took a year for about 20 to sell. Should he have made 50? 100? Obviously, that would have been foolish. Now a home made box comes along and people are getting their shorts in a knot. What does this 'new box' have that the original doesn't? Ummm, it seems to be a different colour and it has a 'sticker' saying something like 'featuring the collapsing Lupin'........perhaps that's what we really need......25 stickers that say 'Featuring the collapsing Lupin'....then nobody can claim that people are making things that make it 'impossible' for them to complete their 'homebrew' collection.... It seems that there was no more demand than about 20 copies when 8k Lock N Chase was loose.....(meant to be a drop in replacement to existing packaging). Now it is a big deal......designed as a 'money grab' supposedly...... I don't get it.

Some people STILL seem to think, Blix was some sort of underhanded 'plan' to manipulate and fleece the Intellivision community. There was never any 'Blix thing', BBWW.

Michael from Good Deal Games made a deal with the Flashback people to include ROMS on the Atari, Intellivision and Colecovision flashbacks. Obviously, Blix never made it on to the first Intellivision flashback and the second one was canceled. That is the ONLY reason you haven't seen Blix in a flashback. I believe the contract was for 3 years (almost up) and since Good Deal Games/Homebrew Heaven sell physical copies of these games, they insisted that they be able to sell a certain number of copies......let's say.....30.....

Where did he get the number 30? From experience selling loose copies of Atari games. Since Michael had no experience selling Intellivision games, Blix ALSO got a 30 loose cart treatment. It was never designed to be some scarce title that would increase in value, despite what some people insisted.

I see warnings that 'these kinds of releases (5 8k Lock N Chases in a custom box) cause OCD collectors to consider 'throwing in the towel' and leaving the scene. Well, I guess it could happen. However, I can tell you for a fact that the irrational vitriol that 'Blix' caused, chased Good Deal Games right out of the Intellivision publishing scene. The last we talked about it, Michael has no plans to ever publish anything else for the Intellivision, specifically because of the reaction that it got on Atari Age.

I can see that kind of thing happening with these types of releases. Something that was seen as a 'service'.......allowing people to have a legitimate looking 'repro' of something that is supposedly 'out there' already, has been turning into a B#&%!ing session. I have to ask myself, 'At what point does the grief you get make the few bucks you make, not worth it?' Some people were even complaining about the price of the loose 8k Lock N Chase cart when it came out.

There are other things that SoulBuster could do........like make a repro of Dreadnought Factor that runs on PAL. How many copies would that sell? 10? 20? If he did it, would you give him grief if someone came up with a box that said 'Now for PAL!'?

Really, cut people who make these things some slack. Life isn't fair. No collection is 'complete' as long as people still are manufacturing related stuff. If you want to chase the people doing this stuff away, keep piling on.

I can't imagine the reaction that Good Deal Games will get if, when they get the rights to Blix back, (very soon) that they make more copies of the game (Hopefully improved). Because, despite the fact that people were not really listening, there was NEVER a permanent limit of 30 copies. You see, as I said, it was never a plan to manipulate the market.

Actually, he did. In a previous post, with regards to LNC8K, he stated:

"...any new carts from me would not have a box treatment..."

Meaning if he made more they would not have boxes because he only had the 4 that he traded me for. He does not have the ability to make boxes so whether he made 0 or 1000 more they would not come with boxes from him.

• Like 1