IGNORED

Lock 'N Chase 8k (Collapsing Lupin) with Box (Only 4)

SoulBuster

Indeed. Or, to play devil's advocate, between buyers. Here, this would require 2 independent suppliers of boxed 8K LnC carts to fix a minimum price. We only have one distributer, SoulBuster, who is using a public auction to set the price. Complete transparency, market sets the price, nothing doing. Now if everyone on this thread got together and privately agreed not to bid more than $100, that would be market manipulation.

yes it works both ways that's for sure..

1. The intention of making a cart with Collapsing Lupin was because there are none in the wild. They were made with used carts with the LNC label to make them seem like wild found carts, even though they are not. The used labeled carts were more for nostalgia for me than anything.

2. I do not plan on making any more. Reason: any new carts from me would not have a box treatment as they do not sell well cart only.

3. Anyone can make more. They probably will also not get the box treatment.

4. I can see being perturbed by such a small quantity of boxed or variant versions. Had they sold out in cart only form, this thread would not exist and the offer I got for boxes would have been limited to myself, instead of getting 4 extra.

5. When demand is very low, a seller can A: discount them; B: throw them away. C: enhance the desire to purchase by adding something of value. I chose the last of those.

6. Initial run was not advertised like most other releases, but it was also not private. They were on my store for sale to the public for over a year.

Bid, do not bid. It is your choice.

If there was only 4 people that asked me to hold on to one for them, those 4 would have gotten them at $50.

The only reason this auction is going on is because there is more demand than I have supply.

The auction was never intended until about 4 days ago when I realized I did not have enough to 'hold on to one ' for all those requesting it.

You can discuss my motives or motives for any producer. My motives are in this post, and they do not go beyond what I have already stated in this thread.

Some time ago I saw a listing on eBay with a T-card of Lock'n'Chase with Collapsing Lupin and chronometer or clock.

Is it the version you are selling?

Some time ago I saw a listing on eBay with a T-card of Lock'n'Chase with Collapsing Lupin and chronometer or clock.

Regular lnc 6k has the clock on level 5.

Edit: maybe they mentioned the clock because its the first level not documented in the instructions.

Edited by mr_me

It's threads like these which support why I decided not to collect. $100+ for a just a box for a game that doesn't exist in cartridge form?! So basically people purchase an empty box (unless there is something else I'm missing here). Sounds like the time is right to go into business selling snow to Eskimos! :lol:

Edited by atarifan88

Regular lnc 6k has the clock on level 5.

Edit: maybe they mentioned the clock because its the first level not documented in the instructions.

no, I don't think it's the same. In this picture we see the clock but the player scored 180. This cannot be Level 5

post-41160-0-42417000-1487605857_thumb.jpg

We could also choose the time limit:

post-41160-0-50314700-1487606383_thumb.jpg

and they said the T-card had the collapsing Lupin, IIRC

So I wonder if this is the version SoulBuster is selling: with collapsing Lupin and clock from the begining of the game

He said no boxes. He didn't say no boxes from him. How does he know the boxes couldn't come from somebody else?

He doesn't know nor is he implying that he does. You're simply reading too much into that statement. He said if he made more "they would not have not the box treatment" because he only had the 4 boxes I sent him and does not have the ability to make more.

There's really nothing more to it than that.

• Like 1

no, I don't think it's the same. In this picture we see the clock but the player scored 180. This cannot be Level 5

attachicon.gifProt L'n'C-4.jpg

attachicon.gifProt L'n'C-3.jpg

So I wonder if this is the version SoulBuster is selling: with collapsing Lupin and clock from the begining of the game

There is no clock on the version that Soulbuster was selling. It isn't the T card from that auction. That is obviously some variation of the updated rom.

There are a lot of T-cards floating about. We got the 16k 'Dunvoo' rom of Thin Ice from this T-card.

post-31813-0-50532400-1487608122_thumb.jpg

post-31813-0-21216600-1487608132_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

He doesn't know nor is he implying that he does. You're simply reading too much into that statement. He said if he made more "they would not have not the box treatment" because he only had the 4 boxes I sent him and does not have the ability to make more.

There's really nothing more to it than that.

Yeah, but you'll never convince him......I went through the same thing with Boulder Dash.

Yeah, but you'll never convince him......I went through the same thing with Boulder Dash.

Eh, I'll always give the More Interesting Eric the benefit of the doubt. We've had many pleasant conversations over PM and he is much more reasonable than most here give him credit for.

Besides, thanks to him I get to be the Less Interesting Eric, which is pretty cool :-)

• Like 2

Prot L'n'C-4.jpg

Prot L'n'C-3.jpg

That's level one (hat) being played at the fastest exec speed (white dot). Obviously the clock is a countdown timer and in that screenshot they started at 30. You'd have to ask the programmer why a countdown timer?

Edit: I assume the one being sold here doesnt have this time limit. Did Mattel have any special LockNchase competitions?

The original LockNchase was likely programmed with a collapsing Lupin and taken out to fit in the cartridge.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifProt L'n'C-4.jpg

attachicon.gifProt L'n'C-3.jpg

This is interesting. I've not seen LnC with a countdown timer. I suspect this is not the 8K version on the internet or SoulBuster's carts. A quick scan of the interwebnets does not seem to result in any hits. Perhaps this is a new ROM variant. Is there any indication as to what triggers the timer being set?

This is interesting. I've not seen LnC with a countdown timer. I suspect this is not the 8K version on the internet or SoulBuster's carts. A quick scan of the interwebnets does not seem to result in any hits. Perhaps this is a new ROM variant. Is there any indication as to what triggers the timer being set?

Ahh, here we are:

https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?173842-Intellivision-T-Cart-Lock-n-Chase-with-PIXS-of-cart-n-game-being-play

Looks like it might take 7 seconds to score 180 points on the fastest level ;)

• Like 1

Like in every aspect of life, There's two sides to a story and the truth is always somewhere in the middle..

:P

In this thread, I have only spoken the truth about my intentions. Any other belief of my posts is complete conjecture.

The ROM used was from a T-Card, probably not that one though.

It's threads like these which support why I decided not to collect. $100+ for a just a box for a game that doesn't exist in cartridge form?! So basically people purchase an empty box (unless there is something else I'm missing here). Sounds like the time is right to go into business selling snow to Eskimos! :lol:

You are not just buying a box. You get a box, a used cart shell with original LNC label and a newly programmed board in the cart.

• Like 3

The auction will run from now until Friday 2/24/2017 at 10 pm Pacific Time Zone (Those of you bidding from around the world will have to figure it out). Minimum bid for each is $50. I will periodically post which 4 bids are leading through-out the week.

YOU MUST POST YOUR BID IN THIS THREAD. PMs AND EMAIL WILL NOT COUNT.

Winners will be the 4 highest bids posted before 10pm next Friday and in case of a tie, the post time will be used. The winning items included are the Lock 'n' Chase 8k collapsing Lupin cart (New board in a used LNC labeled cart) and a new box made for these carts.

Free shipping to the US. International shipping will be $8 less than what it actually costs.

1. $111.01 Wolfy62
2. $111 AtariBuff

3. $85 Lathe26

4. $76.50 AJChandler
Out Bid. $75 mr_intv
Out Bid. $70 Ambrosine

Out Bid. $69 BBWW

Ahh, here we are:

https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?173842-Intellivision-T-Cart-Lock-n-Chase-with-PIXS-of-cart-n-game-being-play

Looks like it might take 7 seconds to score 180 points on the fastest level ;)

It takes nine dots to score 180 points at any speed and level.

The clock might slow down at lower exec speeds.

Looks like there was LockNchase competition in Canada. http://www.intvfunhouse.com/oddsnends/drpepper/

I don't remember one at all. Anyone else?

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

In defense of Piggy, Piggy Bank was a very wide release with more copies sold than you may think. We did not have time for a box to get it done. Everybody that wanted one on AA got one for a couple of months. I'm sorry you fell into a gap. There may be a remedy someday. Much is happening right now in the background.

The whole idea of Piggy was started because of my reaction to BLIX. Instead of whining about it I found a way to release a game. It turned out much better than my first vision was. I would urge anyone who wants to bitch about games on the Intellivision to find away to get one done and release it. I did and I'm just an asshole elitist Intellivision collector. It is the only system my son and I collect for.

There are dozens of dollars to be made and dozens of hours to be spent! The one thing I found is that there is no way to release a game without pissing off someone. :grin:

Hobbies can be an active or a passive endeavor

I bought heavily inflated prices for Blix and Piggy when there even was the chance to obtain a copy due to their limited release numbers. One even had to attend PRGE in person to obtain them. Am I angry about the people, who sold them to me at overinflated prices, when they saw how much demand is for these games and they could make a quick buck from the completists? . :)

• Like 5

The English one is fairly common, you can find them still sealed on Ebay, Mike has the only german one I've seen online, there may even be a french one if it follows the pattern of other CBS releases but I've never seen one.

Yah there's a couple weird "missing" variations like that. For example, a French Canadian DK Jr doesn't appear to have been made. The only two I'm aware of that I'm missing are the German Angry Kong and the German cheese wheel Mouse Trap. Plus I guess the Australian clamshell Carnival if we think it's a real thing.

Yah there's a couple weird "missing" variations like that. For example, a French Canadian DK Jr doesn't appear to have been made. The only two I'm aware of that I'm missing are the German Angry Kong and the German cheese wheel Mouse Trap. Plus I guess the Australian clamshell Carnival if we think it's a real thing.

I have no idea what you are talking about now, but if you didn't already have the Lock n' Chase Lupin box and game already, you wouldn't have changed the subject! :)

I have no idea what you are talking about now, but if you didn't already have the Lock n' Chase Lupin box and game already, you wouldn't have changed the subject! :)

Lol. As usual I can't remember how we got here, but yes I did buy the cart when it was available

• Like 1