IGNORED

Lock 'N Chase 8k (Collapsing Lupin) with Box (Only 4)

SoulBuster

In defense of Piggy, Piggy Bank was a very wide release with more copies sold than you may think. We did not have time for a box to get it done. Everybody that wanted one on AA got one for a couple of months. I'm sorry you fell into a gap. There may be a remedy someday. Much is happening right now in the background.

The whole idea of Piggy was started because of my reaction to BLIX. Instead of whining about it I found a way to release a game. It turned out much better than my first vision was. I would urge anyone who wants to bitch about games on the Intellivision to find away to get one done and release it. I did and I'm just an asshole elitist Intellivision collector. It is the only system my son and I collect for.

There are dozens of dollars to be made and dozens of hours to be spent! The one thing I found is that there is no way to release a game without pissing off someone. :grin:

Hobbies can be an active or a passive endeavor

BBWW, Piggy Bank was worth every Penny, as it is a great fun game in my opinion. But unfortunately, my continous requests for a box fell on deaf ears, and believe me, I did try to get one. Seems, it wasn't sold to everybody... This is what was pissing me off :)

BBWW, Piggy Bank was worth every Penny, as it is a great fun game in my opinion. But unfortunately, my continous requests for a box fell on deaf ears, and believe me, I did try to get one. Seems, it wasn't sold to everybody... This is what was pissing me off :)

I tried as well, but I think it was more of someone getting swamped with request and those boxes being handmade.

Actually, after playing the Lupin version it really only is a minor variation of the original game.

If this is the direction Intellivision Homebrewing is going, I will begin to pick and choose from here on and just buy games I know I want to play.

It is starting to take up too much space, and money and probably not in that order! :)

• Like 6

If this is the direction Intellivision Homebrewing is going, I will begin to pick and choose from here on and just buy games I know I want to play.

It is starting to take up too much space, and money and probably not in that order! :)

Yeah ... that's the road I'm already on. Priorities have been changing. I'm picking and choosing those games that I buy now.

As to the box scene, I personally think that this is crazy. This is NOT a healthy development to the hobby to start "one off" boxes to a limited number of members.

• Like 3

Yeah ... that's the road I'm already on. Priorities have been changing. I'm picking and choosing those games that I buy now.

As to the box scene, I personally think that this is crazy. This is NOT a healthy development to the hobby to start "one off" boxes to a limited number of members.

It was meant to be a drop in replacement for existing packaging. It was never even considered to be a 'homebrew', it was simply a chance to get a version with supposedly better control and a dying animation. Nothing more. SoulBuster won't be making more copies. But, really, why should anyone care that he offered a service to those who wanted one, and were tired of buying copies of the game, hoping that it would be one of the rare 8k ones? It doesn't mean that someone else couldn't create more, but don't count on it. I think 25 is at about market saturation. I don't think he expected 'everyone' to buy a copy, or there would have been more than 25 produced.

I personally think that it is silly to box it up as a special version....why not box up Auto Racing in a new box "Now with intuitive control!",.....or Armor Battle "Now with Faster tanks!" Or, Space Battle......"Now with Smarter aliens!".......Really, this is no different.

However, in my opinion, people shouldn't be bothered that someone made up a box. It is unfortunate that we have some OCD collectors, but it would be absurd if creative people had to check in with certain people whenever they decided to design something.

• Like 1

I always used to laugh when I read,

Whats the difference between a Atari 2600 owner and a Intellivision owner ?

Atari 2600 owners PLAY their games, Intellivision owners just COLLECT their games.

Reading this stupid thread, it's still funny even now.

I think you can apply that to the difference between a gamer & a collector. I really don't give two sh!ts about seeing boxes on a shelf, let alone different variations of the same game! All I care about is having the ones I personally like to play and do just that...play them!

• Like 2

Atari 2600 owners PLAY their games, Intellivision owners just COLLECT their games.

And yet here you are commenting in said "stupid thread". Says much more about you than anyone else in the discussion here.

As for the elitist attitude about playing the games being so much better than collecting, jusy know that the vast majority of us have the multitasking abilities required to pull off both.

• Like 1

I agree a certain percentage only collect for BOTH systems, but their is no real way to see what the percentage is.

well at least a few of us play (and collect) :P :P :P :grin:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262282-show-your-current-gaming-setup-2017/

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

The auction will run from now until Friday 2/24/2017 at 10 pm Pacific Time Zone (Those of you bidding from around the world will have to figure it out). Minimum bid for each is $50. I will periodically post which 4 bids are leading through-out the week.

YOU MUST POST YOUR BID IN THIS THREAD. PMs AND EMAIL WILL NOT COUNT.

Winners will be the 4 highest bids posted before 10pm this Friday and in case of a tie, the post time will be used. The winning items included are the Lock 'n' Chase 8k collapsing Lupin cart (New board in a used LNC labeled cart) and a new box made for these carts.

Free shipping to the US. International shipping will be $8 less than what it actually costs.

1. $111.01 Wolfy62
2. $111 AtariBuff

3. $85 Lathe26

4. $76.50 AJChandler
Out Bid. $75 mr_intv
Out Bid. $70 Ambrosine

Out Bid. $69 BBWW

Edited by SoulBuster

For the last damn time, that is NOT what is happening here! In fact, the opposite occoured. "A limited number of members", meaning one of them, contracted to have a box made for his loose cart. The creator of the box, myself, then offered a few copies to the person selling the game so he could get a cart for himself. The person offering the carts then used the boxes to move the last bit of inventory, THAT ANYONE COULD HAVE PICKED UP OVER THE LAST 6 MONTHS BUT DIDN'T, and gave everyone a fair and open shot at them in this thread. That's all!

Those discussing targeted marketing, supply manulipation, price gouging, favored member status or the death of the homebrew scene as we know it, are either insane conspiracy nuts or simply aren't paying attention to what has been plainly stated in this thread over and over again!

It's a wonder anyone ever bothers to create and offer anything for people here the way some of you act.

Not directing this at you, Fushek. Just using the latest post on this matter to make the point again.

• Like 3