IGNORED

The Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

ScottyDont00

The day has finally arrived. We are starting the Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

Whether you are playing them on a Magnavox Odyssey 2, Odyssey 3 (You lucky bastards!); Videopac G7000, C52, G7200, G7400; Brandt Jopac; or one the other brands they were released under: Radiola, Schneider, or Siera we share a common love for Pick Axe Pete, KC Munchkin, and more recently Josué Jorge.

Our systems are simple in design, but still to this day give us the freedom to let our imaginations run wild as we fight that next wave in Invaders from Hyperspace! or Demon Attack.

Requirements to join the brotherhood and be officially listed in this post are as follows:

1.) Love our system and games!

2.) Post a reply to this thread and tell us all at least one of the following:

a.) How you got your system?

b.) Your favorite memory of the system or games?

c.) The weirdest thing you have typed into "Type and Tell" to make The Voice say?

3.) Consider joining the Videopac / Odyssey 2 Forum here: http://videopac.nl/forum/

- If you need help fixing a system or want to be in the know on everything related to our systems the forum linked above is great source of information and is only dedicated to our systems.

4.) If you are already a member of the Videopac /Odyssey 2 forum include your user name for that forum in your post if different from your AA username. I will add them both to your spot on the list below.

5.) Add the following to your signature box once your username is added to the list below: Official Wizard of the Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

Members:

AtariAge Username - VP/O2 forum username * if same for both forums.

1. ScottyDont00*
  2. metarog
  3. Philipthewhovian
  4. ccc---*
  5. Iwantgames:)
  6. TomBeck*
  7. Nolram*
  8. KylJoy*
  9. Janzl*
  10. Darrin9999*
  11. AtariBuff
  12. Northcoastgamer*
  13. Superbee / Rafael
  14. Timdu*
  15. tigerinatlanta*
  16. mtshark7
  17. SSG*
  18. ozyr*
  19. arcadegeek23
  20. m-j-b / mjb
  21. Seob*
  22. Rick02*
  23. YarsRevengeFan
  24. Neuronic
  25. Hawkmines
  26. swlovinist
  27. jatart87 / jcrunchy84
  28. toiletunes
  29. pboland
  30. Polybius
  31. leonardobiagi*
  32. unoclay
  33. Rogerpoco
Edited by ScottyDont00
  • Thanks 1

I found my Odyssey 2 CIB with 6 CIB games at an estate sale a few years ago. I had never played one before that day, I took it home and tested it with my wife and opened up the Conquest of the World box and I was hooked! A few years and dollars later I have Complete in Box US set, lots of homebrews, and I am looking forward to starting my Videopac Collection starting with G7400 and a few games I plan to purchase very soon.

Besides typing in the dirty words, I have on several occasions tried to type the lyrics to my favorite songs into The Voice as fast as possible to hear what they sound like.

Maybe one day I will record some of them and edit it together.

Great stuff Scotty... this will be a great Brothethood!

I was an Atari guy growing up as were most people in my area except one guy who had an O2. We became friends and I would go over and play some KC Munchkin, Baseball, Armored Encounter and several more on a weekly basis. I already had an Atari and although I wanted an O2-College, girlfriends and work took over and I never got it. A few years ago I ran across one on a Craigslist deal and bought it along with a lot of other stuff. It was beat up but it did work. That brought back the old collector juices so I got a CIB and a near complete cart set in a Goodwill auction for less than 100. I have bought and sold over a dozen since then to get parts and paperwork and now have 2 CIB O2s along with a complete US cart set and the 233-in-One Multicart.

Nothing too weird on the TAT but I did put my dog's name and then Treat some time ago and she went crazy looking for her snacks... it was pretty funny.

I'll look into signing up for that forum and I am waiting for my induction before I add my status to my signature!

• Like 1

You have been added!

I am totally going to try that with my dog when I get home later!!!

Great stuff Scotty... this will be a great Brothethood!

I was an Atari guy growing up as were most people in my area except one guy who had an O2. We became friends and I would go over and play some KC Munchkin, Baseball, Armored Encounter and several more on a weekly basis. I already had an Atari and although I wanted an O2-College, girlfriends and work took over and I never got it. A few years ago I ran across one on a Craigslist deal and bought it along with a lot of other stuff. It was beat up but it did work. That brought back the old collector juices so I got a CIB and a near complete cart set in a Goodwill auction for less than 100. I have bought and sold over a dozen since then to get parts and paperwork and now have 2 CIB O2s along with a complete US cart set and the 233-in-One Multicart.

Nothing too weird on the TAT but I did put my dog's name and then Treat some time ago and she went crazy looking for her snacks... it was pretty funny.

I'll look into signing up for that forum and I am waiting for my induction before I add my status to my signature!

I got my Videopac from my Grandad, who won it from his workplace (he worked at a Philips subsidiary) by entering a competition by designing three games. He probably won it in 1978 or 1979 but he claims it was earlier, although that is impossible.

My collection has around 12 games, 10 from my Grandad (one that I need to fix) and two I have bought since. My favourite games are Gunfighter and Smithereens. I hope to one day have a complete collection.

The Videopac was the second classic console I owned, the first being a pong console, also from my Grandad.

I do not own Type and Tell, I am unsure it was even released in Europe.

I enjoy it, but I do not play it as often as I would like to because it is stored in an awkward place.

I have written reviews of Videopac games on my Wattpad account, also called Philipthewhovian, although that is on indefinite hiatus.

I will start a YouTube channel at some point and post Videopac reviews there, but I currently do not have any video capturing software.

Very cool. Smithereens is a very fun game!

I got my Videopac from my Grandad, who won it from his workplace (he worked at a Philips subsidiary) by entering a competition by designing three games. He probably won it in 1978 or 1979 but he claims it was earlier, although that is impossible.

My collection has around 12 games, 10 from my Grandad (one that I need to fix) and two I have bought since. My favourite games are Gunfighter and Smithereens. I hope to one day have a complete collection.

The Videopac was the second classic console I owned, the first being a pong console, also from my Grandad.

I enjoy it, but I do not play it as often as I would like to because it is stored in an awkward place.

I have written reviews of Videopac games on my Wattpad account, also called Philipthewhovian, although that is on indefinite hiatus.

I will start a YouTube channel at some point and post Videopac reviews there, but I currently do not have any video capturing software.

The games weren't made, but one was suspiciously similar to the master strategy series.

1.) I only just recently got my O2 from EBay. Boxed system with 14 boxed games and voice for $100. I had wanted one for awhile and jumped on that one, now I just need about 11 games to finish my US O2 collection. Then I'll probably start on a European collection :)

2.)Since I'm a newer owner I don't have many memories but me and the wife did spend a day playing Quest for the Rings. Complete with a plate of fresh baked cookies, sodas and other munchies :) was a great time :)

3.) Funniest thing I typed in voice was "I gotta poop" I sent it as video to the wife while she was at work and the whole store heard it :lol:

And I'll go join that forum now :)

• Like 2

I posted this also at videopac nl: My first videogame system, was a Philips Videopac G7000. When I get my G7000 for christmas, my first game was VP22 Space Monster, my brother get VP 34 Satellite Attack. At my birthday, one month later, I get VP4 Air-Sea War/Battle. I played hours after hours against the big red spider at Space Monster. So long, that my parents get crazy from the monotonous sound from VP22. grin.gif I think, they thought at that time, it was the wrong christmas present for me. Also with VP4, I had so much fun with my brother.

Later I get a G7400. After that, came MSX, Amiga 500, Amiga 2000, PC. Today, I own Nintendo consoles from N64 till Wii-U. There were great games for each system, but no one give me that, what I had in my childhood with Videopac. Because of that, I collect and play today only Videopac games, to bring back sometimes my glad memories from the past.

Also, the modern games, take sometimes so long time to finish. So that´s also a reason why I mostly play today some quick Videopac games, because I don´t have much time to play.

And when I see our games like Munchkin, KC Krazy Case, Terrahawks, Killer Bees, Turtles, Blobbers, PickAxe Pete, Super Bee, Loony Balloon, Norseman, Helicopter Rescue, I am proud to be a Videopac owner for now more than 35 years and I don´t want to play and collect for an other system. I also love our homebrew scene with the wonderful new releases from CCC like Tutankham, Shark Hunter, Terrahawks2, Martians Threat or Flashpoint. And we have wonderful homebrews like Forbidden Lands, Mage 1-3, Down, Wildlife, Mayhem, KTAA, Mr. Roboto. And there are sooo much more great games I love.

Videopac 4ever ! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1.) I only just recently got my O2 from EBay. Boxed system with 14 boxed games and voice for $100. I had wanted one for awhile and jumped on that one, now I just need about 11 games to finish my US O2 collection. Then I'll probably start on a European collection :)

2.)Since I'm a newer owner I don't have many memories but me and the wife did spend a day playing Quest for the Rings. Complete with a plate of fresh baked cookies, sodas and other munchies :) was a great time :)

3.) Funniest thing I typed in voice was "I gotta poop" I sent it as video to the wife while she was at work and the whole store heard it :lol:

And I'll go join that forum now :)

I posted this also at videopac nl: My first videogame system, was a Philips Videopac G7000. When I get my G7000 for christmas, my first game was VP22 Space Monster, my brother get VP 34 Satellite Attack. At my birthday, one month later, I get VP4 Air-Sea War/Battle. I played hours after hours against the big red spider at Space Monster. So long, that my parents get crazy from the monotonous sound from VP22. grin.gif I think, they thought at that time, it was the wrong christmas present for me. Also with VP4, I had so much fun with my brother.

Later I get a G7400. After that, came MSX, Amiga 500, Amiga 2000, PC. Today, I own Nintendo consoles from N64 till Wii-U. There were great games for each system, but no one give me that, what I had in my childhood with Videopac. Because of that, I collect and play today only Videopac games, to bring back sometimes my glad memories from the past.

Also, the modern games, take sometimes so long time to finish. So that´s also a reason why I mostly play today some quick Videopac games, because I don´t have much time to play.

And when I see our games like Munchkin, KC Krazy Case, Terrahawks, Killer Bees, Turtles, Blobbers, PickAxe Pete, Super Bee, Loony Balloon, Norseman, Helicopter Rescue, I am proud to be a Videopac owner for now more than 35 years and I don´t want to play and collect for an other system. I also love our homebrew scene with the wonderful new releases from CCC like Tutankham, Shark Hunter, Terrahawks2, Martians Threat or Flashpoint. And we have wonderful homebrews like Forbidden Lands, Mage 1-3, Down, Wildlife, Mayhem, KTAA, Mr. Roboto. And there are sooo much more great games I love.

Videopac 4ever ! :thumbsup:

I didnt have one growing up. A cousin of mine had it and everytime i visited i would just sit in their living room playing for hours. Finally got one for xmas. Collected 12 games so far kc being my favourite.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for sharing. You have been added to list. Please update your signatures.

Good to be here!

I'm KylJoy and I've been around AA a while. I own the entire boxed USA Odyssey² cartridge collection, boxed Brazillian Parker Brothers releases, boxed Brazillian Imagic games, several Odyssey² consoles (some boxed), 2 "The Voice" units, a couple of Odyssey² multicarts, and I RGB modded an Odyssey² console and a G7200. I have a few homebrews.

Collecting as an adult. Always wanted one as a kid but had other systems. Got my first one around 1990.

I first played the O2 at a "Home and Garden" show in Sedalia, Missouri waaaaaaay back when. I fell in love with the kitschy graphics and sound. Loved the Showdown in 2100 A.D. game and others. I could have sworn the joysticks were analog.

c.) The weirdest thing you have typed into "Type and Tell" to make The Voice say?

Nothing too weird really.

I have the same username on the:

vidlogo.gif

Odyssey² Forever!!!

• Like 1

I would love to join too :-)

I love this system

11th Birthday :)

Lots and lots. Vicious Munchkin competitions and lot's of battles in one of the best two-player games ever: Stonesling!

Never played it :D

Have been on the VP forums for a looooong time, one of the first if I remember correctly ;) :grin:

Using the same name on the VP forums.

Good to be here!

I'm KylJoy and I've been around AA a while. I own the entire boxed USA Odyssey² cartridge collection, boxed Brazillian Parker Brothers releases, boxed Brazillian Imagic games, several Odyssey² consoles (some boxed), 2 "The Voice" units, a couple of Odyssey² multicarts, and I RGB modded an Odyssey² console and a G7200. I have a few homebrews.

Collecting as an adult. Always wanted one as a kid but had other systems. Got my first one around 1990.

I first played the O2 at a "Home and Garden" show in Sedalia, Missouri waaaaaaay back when. I fell in love with the kitschy graphics and sound. Loved the Showdown in 2100 A.D. game and others. I could have sworn the joysticks were analog.

Nothing too weird really.

I have the same username on the:

vidlogo.gif

Odyssey² Forever!!!

I would love to join too :-)

I love this system

11th Birthday :)

Lots and lots. Vicious Munchkin competitions and lot's of battles in one of the best two-player games ever: Stonesling!

Never played it :D

Have been on the VP forums for a looooong time, one of the first if I remember correctly ;):grin:

Using the same name on the VP forums.

Thank you both for sharing you stories!

I got mine as a kid, still have it today. using same name on VP forums. also I just picked up the Videopac + G7400 last yr, Love it!

I plan on buying a G7400 in the next few weeks! Can't wait to play of these games that have plus graphics I've not been able to see before!

• Like 1

Greetings, I picked up most of my O2 stuff at a flea market near Buffalo NY in the early eighties. I believe I paid $10 for the system in the box along with the voice and some games. Then started getting games for 50 cents - $1 each. Those were the days! I also picked up a K.C. Munchkin proto for a $1 as well. I use the same username on the VPac/O2 forums.

post-34612-0-97672100-1487708290_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Greetings, I picked up most of my O2 stuff at a flea market near Buffalo NY in the early eighties. I believe I paid $10 for the system in the box along with the voice and some games. Then started getting games for 50 cents - $1 each. Those were the days! I also picked up a K.C. Munchkin proto for a $1 as well. I use the same username on the VPac/O2 forums.

I wish I could anything for those prices from any system in NC.

1.) Love our system and games!

YEEEEESSSSSS!

a.) Unlike most kids who wanted a 2600 I always wanted an Odyssey. At the time I lived in a small town (currently living in an even smaller) then there was Odyssey for sale in stores. One day, my father traveled back to bring my Odyssey. I kept waiting, he arrived with that huge box between 2 and 3 o'clock in the morning. I remember opening the box, reading manuals, magazines, and smelling that beauty. I went to sleep and the other day I woke up very early. We have begun a long romance that will continue until today.

b.) Many. Play Smithreens, Spin-out, Showdown in 2100 AD with friends, the first time I "completed" Turtles. Each new game was a huge joy.

I have a memory of one day that I and a friend (who also owned an Odyssey) went to buy cartridges, we had little money, we lost, it was a fun adventure, my English is not bad to describe it. On this day I bought my Super Bee and he Popeye.

4.) Super Bee here, Rafael there

Edited by superbee