IGNORED

Xbox Game Pass subscription

Bilnick

!00+ games, $9.99 a month. Not streaming, you download the games to your Xbox.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/28/14761624/xbox-game-pass-subscription-game-service-features-pricing

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-game-pass

Will have to see what games and how many I don't have before I would buy this, but it looks interesting

• Like 1

Sounds good. I don't buy too many new modern games(that goes towards retro)

So this new service should be interesting to watch play out.

Hell I waited a year to buy both Halo 5 and Gears 4 for $20.00 each. I'm a cheap ass gamer.

Very cool to hear these will not be streamed,but instead downloadable.

My interest just went up right there.

I can see a scenario where once XBox Scorpio releases, where some of the early current gen games that may be patched to take advantage of 4K, will make this service very very attractive. Makes it easy to grab games on the cheap to play in 4K.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

I am in the alpha preview of the Xbox Game Pass, and so far the game selection is slim. There are 21 titles available and most of them I have. It looks like only Microsoft and Rare games are available for the alpha so far. Titles like Gears of War, many Rare Replay games, Sunset Overdrive, etc. are available to test now. Most of the games are Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles.

I don't think it is fair to judge based on the titles available, but I hope that Microsoft adds more XB1 titles, and titles that have not been Games with Gold titles.

Interesting, although from the preview I have most of the games anyways. I'm guessing they will feature a few new releases and a butt load of older stuff. ( Ala: Netflix)

Would be a good deal for folks interested in playing a bit of the latest and greatest, who hadn't already bought a bunch of older stuff.

In my case, I could never buy another Xbox game again in my life and play only Xbox games till I die!! (seriously my "To play" pile is HUGE and has been for a couple years) LOL

I think this is a really smart move. People don't give a crap about owning media anymore. They don't want to buy movies, music, or games. If the games are good there are a lot of people who will subscribe and setup automatic payment. Then they will pay for it in perpetuity. I do care about owning games of course so I'd rather spend the money on games that have reached the sweet price of $10 - $20 which is what I typically spend on them.

• 3 weeks later...