IGNORED

Shut Up and Play Yer Atari

I've started a tumblr called Shut Up and Play Yer Atari. It's short posts about 2600 homebrews and some of the more obscure 2600 titles. I'm not necessarily reviewing the games or sharing valuable information, just trying to get these games out there and get people playing things they might not have tried otherwise.

https://johnnytenspeed.tumblr.com/

• Like 5

"Remember growing up with an Atari 2600 and being jealous of all your Odyssey2 friends who got to play UFO! while you were stuck playing Asteroids"?

"Wait, I got that backwards. Anyway, UFO! has been ported to the 2600. Download it and relive the childhood of that kid you made fun of in third grade because his parents bought him an Odyssey2".

:rolling:

Fun site! Wasn't familiar with Tumblr but looks to be a cross between Twitter and MySpace. Will have to check it out from time to time!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HOLY CARP!!!

I'm away from my Atari things but can't wait to try this. Will I care that Hank can't duck like Pete could?

SO AWESOME to see my faves in this new format.

I'll bet you could do Freedom Fighters without breaking a sweat.

HOLY CARP!!!

I'm away from my Atari things but can't wait to try this. Will I care that Hank can't duck like Pete could?

SO AWESOME to see my faves in this new format.

I'll bet you could do Freedom Fighters without breaking a sweat.

Hope you enjoy it. I just fixed a bug with the pick. Make sure you download the latest version 20170412. :) Also let me know if you uncover any bugs while playing it.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262523-odtari-odyssey2-games-made-atari-2600-style/

:)

• Like 1

I was that kid with the Odyssey 2 UFO game! It needed to be done for the Atari! So I decided to do it myself! :)

A cart version is coming soon: http://www.2600connection.com/features/ufo/features_ufo.html

Now I can play it on both systems! I'm thinking about Atari versions of Pick Axe Pete or Killer Bees next!

I'd love to see a port of Freedom Fighters for the 2600. I was friends with a girl who had an Odyssey 2 and that was the best game she had for it. Didn't even knew you had to use a different joystick for "hyperspace" which made it play like Defender. :)

I'd love to see a port of Freedom Fighters for the 2600. I was friends with a girl who had an Odyssey 2 and that was the best game she had for it. Didn't even knew you had to use a different joystick for "hyperspace" which made it play like Defender. :)

Hmmm... I also liked that game! I'll add it to my list of candidates for an Atari2600 port!

:)

• 1 month later...