IGNORED

The TRADEMARK for Intellivision Flashback has expired

Rev

50 is just one person's estimate of how many would sell.

Anyone has the right to hack a game to fix bugs. Distributing that hacked game isn't right and would be piracy. Ideally sharing a seperate patch file seems reasonable. Of course you can't patch a cartridge.

Fixing bugs was not what was implied. Regardless, the new version would have the sound bits properly set. GDG told me that any further copies would work with Intellivision I.

I think that this is a bit disingenuous to imply that there is something underhanded going on with my suggestion that 50 would be sufficient, after you had just said that "it doesn't seem that it would have been a best seller to begin with". I agreed and suggested 50 might be sufficient. I was hoping for some genuine feedback and not some implication that making 50 copies of a marginal game at best, is somehow unscrupulous.

I asked a simple question. 'How many copies should be made?'

I wish you would drop this bullshit. It really irks me and only confirms my opinion of you, when you take any opportunity to twist what I say into some accusation of improper conduct. I try to be civil to you, but really, I've had enough of you and this has been said many times by other people.....how about you just stop responding to my posts?

Careful... it wasn't an accusation, it was a comment suggesting that perhaps it hasn't been thought through all the way. Make of that what you will.

Except the problems with the sound, I didn't notice other bugs while playing it with a PAL Master Component (= Intellivision I, or brown console, if you like).

Is it something related to the compatibility?

EDIT @First Spear: it's a simple puzzle game. Even if I'm not a fan of the genre, it's fun and can be addicting for awhile (if you don't listen to the music), but I agree it should be re-released together with other games a la SameGame & Robots. It could never be the game of the year (unless the year was one from 1991 to 2000) but I "confess" that I like it

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

I've played Blix and, aside from the sound issue, enjoyed it. It's a good slide puzzle game. Not everybody likes puzzle games, but there are 50 or so people who will buy whatever comes along. If it's re-released, it certainly wouldn't be the worst Intellivision game of 2017.

• Like 2

If it is a cart only release there doesn't need to be a fixed number.

Without the cost of a box, make 40 and 50 cart only like the original, if they sell out make...10 or 20 more. If they sell out, depending on speed of sales, make 40 more or 5 more. Throw a couple of same low priced copies on ebay to keep the scalper/flippers at bay.

When the cost of the box is out of the equation there is opportunity to make basically on demand.

• Like 1

Blix is no GOTY, but I genuinely enjoy it. An update with a few fixes and additions (and better music), would go a long way. I plan to buy the updated version. Regarding demand...I'm no expert, but I suspect that 50 carts would easily sell, maybe more. If CIB, you open up the market of CIB collectors/completists and may sell 100. What Blix lacks in current quality/replay value, it makes up for in reputation.

I think you should re-read it. I said that GDG would not be publishing NEW titles (from what I've been personally told)......more copies of the same game is not a new title.

Sure. For what it's worth, I was glad that GDG decided to include us in his CGE releases. It's a shame how some reacted and unfortunate that it soured Michael's experience with the INTV scene. I talked to him briefly at CGE and he's a nice guy. I'd gladly welcome an updated Blix and/or any new GDG sponsored titles, should he ever change his mind.

• Like 2

Sure. For what it's worth, I was glad that GDG decided to include us in his CGE releases. It's a shame how some reacted and unfortunate that it soured Michael's experience with the INTV scene. I talked to him briefly at CGE and he's a nice guy. I'd gladly welcome an updated Blix and/or any new GDG sponsored titles, should he ever change his mind.

Jason, have you considered a career in diplomacy? :)
  • Like 1

I'm one of the 'original 30' owners from CGE14, and actually am looking to sell it (would take offers) and a couple of my other 'homebrews' that get less play than others. I wouldn't normally do so, other than for a good reason (saving for my wedding later this year :) ).

gavv

It's assets became part of Activision, and they were party to the deal that allowed the Imagic games to appear on Intellivision Rocks (in trade for Inty Prod allowing the use of their games for the PS1 collection if i remember correctly). I would be highly surprised if current era Activision would let anything lapse for something they own.

I remember Keith R. talking about those negotiations. The guys from Activision had no idea they owned any Intellivision or Imagic games until Keith R. told them they did. Has the Imagic name been used in the last ten years?

Edit:

Yes, they have the Activision Anthology for android and it includes their Imagic games.

Not sure of the significance of the Intellivision Flashback trademark since the Intellivision trademark is alive and active.

Edited by mr_me