IGNORED

Easiest Games?

The only NES game I ever beat with out a game genie was the original legend of Zelda. It was wii virtual console but its the same game. But the rest were and still are too hard.

So it begs the question, which games were the easiest for you back then? Which games had the least enemies, obstacles, hard levels (or number of levels for that matter), etc? Or took the least time to beat the whole game? I was not very good so they were all kind of hard. Well I mean legitimately without a game genie or whatever that is. They were all sort of hard that was the whole point. But which was the easiest for you.

If you want to include other classic platforms that is fine but lets start with NES.

In terms of simply beating the game, NES Marble Madness. The game takes less than five minutes to complete so it isn't too tough to figure out. Playing for high score is another matter. Scoring in the 160-170k range is very tough.

Edited by mbd30

First game I ever beat was Maniac Mansion, followed by SMB2, TMNT2, and the Zeldas. Oddly, it took me over 10 years to beat the original SMB, mostly because I didn't play it nearly as much as the other two.

Still not sure if I've beaten it since then. I just like playing it, but I never make an effort to actually finish it.

First game I ever beat was Maniac Mansion, followed by SMB2, TMNT2, and the Zeldas. Oddly, it took me over 10 years to beat the original SMB, mostly because I didn't play it nearly as much as the other two.

Still not sure if I've beaten it since then. I just like playing it, but I never make an effort to actually finish it.

I think that SMB 2 is nearly at Castlevania level with difficulty. That is tempered greatly in the GBA version.

SMB2, hard? Master the Princess jump skills, remember/find where the swap points are and where the mushrooms are in the levels you need to beat and it's a piece of cake. I remember beating it for the fun, at 6 in the morning, tired and with some beers in the belly, in about 35 minutes.

Now if you try to beat SMB2 with all characters, with no swaps and not knowing where all the mushcrooms are, now it's another level of difficulty, I agree.

Last year I made an effort to play through the first SMB in its entirety without any warps or turtle tricks because I'd never done it before. It took maybe a couple days of effort. It gets tricky in the later stages but nothing too terrible. I think that it's the most straightforward and easiest of the three.

If you want an insanely difficult platformer then give Adventure Island a try. I spent hours and hours just figuring out 8-2. But it felt good to finally beat that one. I'm still trying to beat it without using continues with 6-3 being the furthest I've gotten.

Still trying to beat Cobra Triangle,that game is super hard!!! lol I hate the waterfall jump levels the most.

Lately Mortal Kombat 4 on NES is very difficult. Still can't get past the first level. That game super cheats. I think Mickey Mousecapade is easy but can't remember the ending.

Last year I made an effort to play through the first SMB in its entirety without any warps or turtle tricks because I'd never done it before. It took maybe a couple days of effort. It gets tricky in the later stages but nothing too terrible. I think that it's the most straightforward and easiest of the three.

If you want an insanely difficult platformer then give Adventure Island a try. I spent hours and hours just figuring out 8-2. But it felt good to finally beat that one. I'm still trying to beat it without using continues with 6-3 being the furthest I've gotten.

I beat SMB the old fashioned way in 2012. I found that 8-3, with the hammer bros, gave me the most trouble. Since then I've beaten it a few times. While it probably won't grace any "most difficult NES game" lists, I think it's a difficult game.

I believe Wild Streets for GX4000 must be it:

http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/05/nrg-complete-playthrough-wild-streets.html

Seriously, once I got my GX4000 I tried and it's just so saaaad, you basically do almost nothing all the game just shoot 3 times the last thug (the flashing one ... ahhhaha) on screen 10 of each "level" (you can and should skip all the intermediary screens and thugs, just hop around, rarely you will get stuck hop back and forth and pronto) and then just "run back" the same levels in reverse order ..... pathetic.