IGNORED

HSC14 Round 4: The Rally Speedway HSC Grand Prix

It's all over and... I hung on for the win, though I was getting worried that McKong was mounting a late challenge. Thanks for playing everyone it's been a blast, really enjoyed playing Rally Speedway and I hope you did too. The more you play the game the more you see the work that has gone into the dynamics, the fact you can shave off 10ths and register each and every 10th on the clock, you can improve by less over steer, skidding and learning the layouts :thumbsup:

Special thanks to RedThunder and Carlsson who will get 3 bonus HSC points each for putting in the effort creating some great tracks for us to play :thumbsup:

HSC Points [rounded up]

For each race: 1pt for Win, 0.9pts for 2nd, 0.8pts 3rd... down to 0.1pt for 10th and below. Plus 1pt for highest score (#), then, plus 1pt for most race wins ($).

1st trbb 16.8+1#+1$=18.8 [19]

2nd McKong 15.9 [16]

3rd RedThunder 14.4 [15]

4th CaptainClassic 13.2 [14]

5th Deteacher 10.7 [11]

6th UltraSteve 9.7 [10]

7th Carlsson 9.4 [10]

9th Sleepy 4.2 [5]

8th Sikor 3.5 [4]

10th slx 2.6 [3]

10th Dope 1.0 [1]

11th bluecat 0.1 [1]

Post #3 has the HSC GP Standings with all the times. I think I have the scoring correct! There is a text file attached with the points by track if anyone wants to check things ;)

2 player bonus points earned by RedThunder and slx :thumbsup:

If anyone wants more tracks here are 3 I did some time ago (we've played 1 in this round)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll leave the Round 5 Poll *OPEN* until the morning :)

• Like 2

Well that was fun. Very competetive and close fought action.

Glad you all liked the tracks that were put together, even with included oddities in places.

Many thanks to TTRB for keeping a track on the laps times over the week, not a task I'd fancy. You must have the patience of saint :) or just a masochist ;)

The more I played this the better it got, deft moves required, limited sliding (skids are for kids), proper racing lines required and an improving memory.

It looks basic but is very spohisticated on the quiet.

I would love to see a Rally Speedway 2.... more track type sections, varying scenery, ghost driver for your last lap or best time, AI cars possibly, cups and challenges and skid marks like Gene Rally.

Any programmers here fancy a chanllenge ? I could help with the planning and graphics :)

Overall, an excellent game.... lets do it again sometime :) More tracks anyone ?

Where does the hsc circus go now

Edited by RedThunder
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, to those of you who spent time putting together the tracks. And thanks to TRBB for keeping track of the scores, and of course beating me again. Another hour or so and I would have had you, sadly my SIO2SD gave up so I had to cut short my session last night, I know, an old excuse!

• Like 2

I'd love a Rally Speedway 2 with a co driver feature like Power Drive Rallye on the Jag, that would help me greatly in anticipating turns... And it would be great to have Indy 500 controller support (good idea for a patch, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...). Sometimes I found it very hard to drive a straight line.

@TRBB: Thanks for all the work in tallying everything up!

Edited by slx
  • Like 1