IGNORED

I Am Setsuna Physical - Switch JP release (it's in english) for $43.99 ship

Tanooki

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (Japan Version)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/1057682542-0-0-0-en/info.html

$43.99 and the shop does free shipping worldwide if your price is $39USD or higher, so that's free.

If you figure the digital rental from the non-Japanese e-Shop costs $40 + local taxes you're breaking even with a REAL GAME. I ordered it earlier ago, they claim their average ship time is like 2 weeks so that'll be nice.

• Like 1

Just an update to anyone who followed this.

I got an email on the 10th from YesAsia, they got their next shipment of the game in and promptly put it out in the mail to me. I'm guessing I'll have it probably within the next 10-14 days would be my guess which is fantastic.

It almost seems like multiple regions are getting the same release, but the system menu determines the language of both text and voice. Pity it isn't in the game menu so ie language could be changed easily in multilingual households, or ie Japanese voice acting with English subtitles, the preferred viewing method for many anime film fans.

True enough. I guess I'm one of those anime fans anime fanboys hate because I dislike wasting my time reading subs while trying to enjoy the animation quality and detail put into it. :) I've always avoided subs in every case possible but I know there are just as many or more out there who feel like you said wanting that as a choice or as the only option. It is a shame this could be the end of those multilingual household support style setups though because if all games due to download lease overlap are a factor so they just code a language switch into the game to see what the OS runs as, they'll stop bothering. At that point you'll have to drop into SETUP and change the language before firing a game up to get the desired result. It's a work around to a point (given the language you want is supported) but annoying.

• Like 1

True enough. I guess I'm one of those anime fans anime fanboys hate because I dislike wasting my time reading subs while trying to enjoy the animation quality and detail put into it. :) I've always avoided subs in every case possible but I know there are just as many or more out there who feel like you said wanting that as a choice or as the only option. It is a shame this could be the end of those multilingual household support style setups though because if all games due to download lease overlap are a factor so they just code a language switch into the game to see what the OS runs as, they'll stop bothering. At that point you'll have to drop into SETUP and change the language before firing a game up to get the desired result. It's a work around to a point (given the language you want is supported) but annoying.

I recently got the Street Fighter II anime movie on BluRay (with the intact shower scene missing from every prior English dub release) and am debating whether I should watch it in English, or Japanese w/ English subs first.

Honestly the Zelda / Switch language issue doesn't bother me. From what I gather, the English voice acting has been stellar so far, not the often hasty job they do when translating anime and stuff. Really all of the language options in the preview video sounded good, with a couple glaring exceptions such as the Japanese crying scene. Across multiple languages, the voice actors seemed to posses the same vocal types but in their native dialects. I especially liked the Russian soundtrack in the comparison video for some odd reason.

Also it appears at least some voice acting cut scenes can only be viewed once per game. Like when the old man told his story early in the game once I completed the plateau quest. I happened to be sitting on the crapper (please don't judge) and my mom was watching Jeparody in the other room and was blabbing with my fiance about some random nonsense, then wanted to ask me something through the bathroom door, and it kind of ruined that scene for me. In hindsight, I should have just paused it until I got off the pot and found a quiet place. Since the old man presumably disappeared from the plateau, I can't trigger it again.

Yeah I could rewatch it on youtube, but it wouldn't be the same as experiencing it in game. Aside from Link's memories, four of which I've unlocked four so far and can be played any time from the menu, the Kakiroko village elder retelling the history of 10,000 years prior is the only main plot cutscene I've been able to rewatch. That and the Rito sing song on Gerudo Highlands Tower. There may be others that can be triggered anytime by talking to the right NPC, but IDK.

You are correct some are one shots and others you just talk to a character again and you can choose to watch the thing play out once more such as those Rito bard stories.

I remember that SF2 movie, was pretty decent back in the day. I used to watch a lot of anime, barely do now though as I prefer manga despite it now taking up some serious space as I have well over 300 books.