IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey

Rick Dangerous

I got this at 11am from Amazon Prime. I was running tests all day and my manager had no concern about me giving it a good test drive while they ran. I work remotely and the office was at a Halloween Party anyway, so I was still more productive.

I love it. I could barely put it down. I think it controls smooth as anything and it looks great. It's also pretty dang weird. I'm not sure if I'm playing a game or Miyamoto's night terror. I'm not sure how the 8000 motion control moves will work as I played handheld but I had no issues doing the hat jump, which I was nervous about as I'm not a great platformer. It reminds me the most of Sunshine And I think that's grand. I don't want to say a lot more about the game as I found it fresh and interesting as I progressed through the beginning stages.

Got mine about 11:30 AM today in Target in NYC, while working in between stores (shh...lol). The guy said customers have been buying it all day so far. I asked him if he thought they would sell out, and he said no, that they had a lot more in stock. My guess is they got 100's in today.

So I started to play for 20 minutes and love it so far! Then, my Switch controller battery died, grr! It's recharging now. The only question is do I play more Odyssey, or start watching Stranger Things 2? I'm so torn! :D

I got mine pre-lunch time was just tossed outside on the ground by amazon which was annoying as that's a first. Either way glad it didn't vanish. I couldn't even get to it until after 7 tonight and had to make myself stop about 20min ago with it.

The game has that breath of the wild effect of me which I'm very happy to say. I don't feel ever like it's a chore or annoying. I don't get that feeling that I'm making myself push further just to do it. The controls are the most responsive and quite a few smart new moves with it that made it not feel tired and refreshed instead. Much like Zelda you have a new move set, but some of the old, you can take a beating but there are easy ways to recover that too. It's less aggressive in some ways, but not in others, so you can take a moment to investigate and then attack whatever you choose or just roam for more, and like Zelda too had the hot map instant jump which has about a 5sec load time on that which is awesome that's covered in a cap fly off and landing animation nicely. Those cap mechanics are a real game changer and makes me wonder what in the future they'll do to keep it that fresh unless it ends up sticking around in some way.

I did feel like I was doing very well having nailed down like almost 40 of the moons in the desert and around 25 or so in the water area as when I jumped to those and was prompted for the next I had well more than necessary which is cool. I thought I had done a lot, then the map was a kick in the teeth seeing I maybe snapped up half, and found that even the starter cap area and tutorial spots have them at some point too. So much for that. And given it looks like I got around 1/2 them in the spaces I hit I wonder if there's some later mechanic to crack open the rest down the road. I've not enjoyed a Mario game this much in so long, like Galaxy long. The WiiU stuff since I felt like I was just doing it to do it and going through the motions more often than not, same on 3DS too, as Mario was starting to feel a little long in the tooth but nothing like my push away from Zelda as it was still fun, but felt repetitive though. This one doesn't and I like that it's almost like a mini-rebirth of the Mario style.

Zap: I know, but still that was a decade ago now which is a generation of time really Your 8-12 year old on that Wii game could have a kid by a decade later in perspective. Like Punisher said, I rarely ever feel like I put down $60 well spent on a game, this is that rare case like Breath of the Wild was.

NE146: If Nintendo is smart about it, a year to 18mo from now as a gap title between good years they should reissue it. The game was fantastic enough, not anything as good as Odyssey but definitely not a slouch. I feel this way also about Pikmin3 which went well under the radar and also if they can fix the garbage forced controls part of it Star Fox Zero too. Perhaps even reissue Xenoblade from the WiiU too as nothing on there got the sales it deserved and Switch could net a very nice correction with that.

I went and bought it the night it came out. I was paranoid about stock so I reserved a copy.

Over the weekend I ended up beating it. At first I was collecting as many power moons as I could, but as the game went on I found myself not really going much beyond the number of moons I needed.

My impression is that it's a FANTASTIC game. It fits right in with the greats.

Also it's so relieving that a major AAA title lets you unlock loads of costumes, as well as an additional level, by playing rather than paying. This game is worth every penny.

I went and bought it the night it came out. I was paranoid about stock so I reserved a copy.

Over the weekend I ended up beating it. At first I was collecting as many power moons as I could, but as the game went on I found myself not really going much beyond the number of moons I needed.

My impression is that it's a FANTASTIC game. It fits right in with the greats.

Also it's so relieving that a major AAA title lets you unlock loads of costumes, as well as an additional level, by playing rather than paying. This game is worth every penny.

I first started playing that way but lately I've been going back to find the special coins and as many moons as I can.

I tend to find anything I can that I walk into on accident or can spot looks like a likely candidate and can be currently reached. I did not want to paint myself into a minimalist corner where if I had a patch I could get stuck and have to backtrack to keep progressing. Im enjoying the exploration of the areas anyway so its' not much of a pain to just sit back and investigate which is a nice new way to handle things. I haven't had time to play it yesterday or tonight which sucks but just stuff keeps getting in my way then too tired to bother so I read my gundam books instead. I'm in no rush, but I probably should be as NOvember is going to suck/be awesome with Skyrim, Doom, RIME, and Axiom Verge all out within like 5-7~ days of each title if that in a couple cases.

Got over 150+ Moons so far, made it to the last stage on the

Moon, where Bowser plans to have his wedding. The physics in this area are incredible

. I haven't beaten final boss yet but there are homages to all the past 3D Marios. Cappy is very similar parallels to the FLUDD mechanic of Sunshine.

There is also an entire bonus stage dedicated to an eviron from SM64.

The many transformations are clever as well, almost as zainy as the classic WarioLand transformations. I scanned in the three wedding themed amiibos which grant you

wedding attire. Nothing quite like crossdressing and running around in Peach's Wedding dress

. My favorite area by far is New Donk City featured heavily in the trailer, which have a Lego City like vibe to it. There's a very special "festival" cutscene in this area that I'm sure everyone will enjoy. One of the most memorable moments so far.

And yes, DK makes a cameo!

• Like 1

Beat Mario Odyysey tonight with 163 moons. I was thinking afterwards and this was the first Mario game I ever beat. Pretty crazy because I've been playing Mario since the late 80s.

Overall the game is fantastic. I really like that there is no waiting around for loading. The bosses are easy but they make up for it later on. Also after you beat it there is a very nice surprise ;)

• Like 1

Beat Mario Odyysey tonight with 163 moons. I was thinking afterwards and this was the first Mario game I ever beat. Pretty crazy because I've been playing Mario since the late 80s.

Overall the game is fantastic. I really like that there is no waiting around for loading. The bosses are easy but they make up for it later on. Also after you beat it there is a very nice surprise ;)

I've got well over 200 now exploring secrets I overlooked. Still haven't defeated Bowser yet, LOL!

How long is the intro? I don't want to watch a horribly long movie before playing it when I get it on X-Mas day.

There's no horribly long movie intro, just some basics and you're off exploring. You can stay in one stage as long as you like, even after you've earned enough moons to move to the next area. Each area tasks you with collecting enough moons as fuel to travel to the next. Once the Odyssey is fully restored, you can head to the final area of the game to take on Bowser, or leave immediately to revisit areas you've explored previously. Once the game is beaten, new paths open up in all worlds which were previously inaccessible, and there's a new area opens up to explore, reminiscent of a past Mario game. No spoilers! ;-)

Tons of stuff to do and collect in this game; you won't be disappointed.

What a cool and weird game. It's like a Mario game that was directed by David Lynch

The best thing about it is that its easy to pick up and play, Just like the 3DS Mario Land. I found World for Wii U had too steep a difficulty curve in later levels for spouses and kids who might be playing with you.

• Like 1

What a cool and weird game. It's like a Mario game that was directed by David Lynch

The best thing about it is that its easy to pick up and play, Just like the 3DS Mario Land. I found World for Wii U had too steep a difficulty curve in later levels for spouses and kids who might be playing with you.

I was wondering if you were going to chime in. The other day I got a notice that you were playing it

Another lame princess kidnapping plot ugggh. Come up with something more original Nintendo no more princess kidnapping. Same problem with Zelda she keeps getting kidnapped again and again. A bad broken record.

And one that continues to sell in record numbers.

• Like 1