IGNORED

Super Mario Odyssey

Rick Dangerous

I just started playing the game today. I have 5 moons now and got the Odyssey up and running. It took about an hour. I had a hard time figuring out controlling the chain chomps. Man, it's hard and needlessly stupid.

I only jumped to this bumped thread to see if you would write that something was hard.

It did not disappoint. :lolblue:

I just started playing the game today. I have 5 moons now and got the Odyssey up and running. It took about an hour. I had a hard time figuring out controlling the chain chomps. Man, it's hard and needlessly stupid.

You are going to have a tough time later on then. I thought the chomps were fine. The Jaxi, bullets, and flower turbo are difficult to control and will do doubt make you mad.

• Like 1

I had a good run and got just over 500 moons. I had built up 20 moons from the achievements that you collect in the castle. I bought one each in all the world's too. The next thing you get after reaching 500 has been a pita for me so far

If you just want to collect the moon at the end, there's a glotch that allows you to skip the entire stage. I gave up atrying to beat it legitamately after I hit the area with the sinking poles over lava.
  • Like 1

If you just want to collect the moon at the end, there's a glotch that allows you to skip the entire stage. I gave up atrying to beat it legitamately after I hit the area with the sinking poles over lava.

Yep that's where I have been having a problem too. It really shows the inherent issue with 3D platformers. The camera can't always be where you need it. I'll take sprites any day over modern 3D polygonal plarformers. Still an excellent game though.

• 2 weeks later...
Luigi's balloon rally. Should be fun. I've beaten the main game as well as darker side (using the frog cheat to skip the final challenge) so should be all set up to receive this content. Like with the zeolda dlc where you had to finish certain parts of the game to start each quest (obtain master sword for dlc1 and tame the four divine beasts for dlc2), in smo you need to rescue peach before playing the dlc.

• 3 months later...

Been playing this for the past three nights and beat Bowser tonight and am now in the Mushroom Kingdom. I think I have around 200 moons or so. I generally have a method where I simply play through the game trying to get as many moons (or stars in previous games) as I can but with the goal to just unlock everything. Then I go back around and get what I missed.

My thoughts? WOW....just.....WOW. This is not only the best Super Mario game I have ever played in my personal opinion (and I loved Galaxy and Super Mario 3D World) but quite possibly the best game in general I have ever played. So much, so beautiful, so finely crafted...just so damn good. I can say one thing for sure and that is it is going to prove difficult for the game developers that are tasked with the next Super Mario game to trump this one. I would not want to have that job :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a good run and got just over 500 moons. I had built up 20 moons from the achievements that you collect in the castle. I bought one each in all the world's too. The next thing you get after reaching 500 has been a pita for me so far

Going back to this....me too. Just when I think I am some kind of Mario master this ending really is balls hard. I got *almost* to the end today but died right before. All of those reviewers online that said "this game is too easy" obviously did not play this game to its entirety. I still love it and I will still try this a few more times....but I have bad Mario arm now (what I call it from controller shaking) and I may have to finally try out some of my other games ;)

But...this game has been one heck of a ride.

Going back to this....me too. Just when I think I am some kind of Mario master this ending really is balls hard. I got *almost* to the end today but died right before. All of those reviewers online that said "this game is too easy" obviously did not play this game to its entirety. I still love it and I will still try this a few more times....but I have bad Mario arm now (what I call it from controller shaking) and I may have to finally try out some of my other games ;)

But...this game has been one heck of a ride.

just wait till you get to the Darker Side. I couldn't make it past the lava polls,

so I skipped the whole stage by using the frog "swim through space" glitch to reach the other side.

:dunce:

• 4 weeks later...

This game ticks me off. Stupid Koopa races and the races in the snow kingdom where you have to bounce What's worse about the snow races is having to race twice instead of once. 880 is excessive compared to Super Mario 64 , Super Mario Sunshine, and both Galaxy games. Hardcore gamers are ruining gaming.

This game ticks me off. Stupid Koopa races and the races in the snow kingdom where you have to bounce What's worse about the snow races is having to race twice instead of once. 880 is excessive compared to Super Mario 64 , Super Mario Sunshine, and both Galaxy games. Hardcore gamers are ruining gaming.

Noone said you have to collect every moon. Some of them are stupid hard by design.

No chance of the frog glitch now as it has been patched. But I made it through the darker side today after trying since yesterday. Can't believe I did it!

I wasn't aware it got patched, though I haven't played in a while. Remember there are two methods for exploiting the frog on this stage. One involves using the dinosaur to lift frog Mario out of the water. This is easier if a bit too slow for speed running. The other method is trickier and involved two frogs and jumping into the air before warping to the other frog. In both exploits, you swim across the void of space as Frog Mario. Were both exploits patched?

EDIT: Wow, been out of the loop. LOL! :dunce:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/28/mario-odysseys-greatest-cheat-is-patched

Made it to the Sand Kingdom yet, or still exploring Cascade?

I'm in the Sand Kingdom.. I thought I only had 10 moons to be honest, but then went back to the spaceship and touched the globe there and boom.. it updated to 16. :P

I'm in the Sand Kingdom.. I thought I only had 10 moons to be honest, but then went back to the spaceship and touched the globe there and boom.. it updated to 16. :P

Yeah the moons will creep up on you. Especially in later levels when you start opening warp portals. Portals do exist to worlds you haven't unlocked yet, but your ability to explore them prematurely is limited to a small finite area. Certain moons even require a world warp to reach. Once you've unlocked most of the world map, you can even skip around a lot without using the ship. Then you touch the globe and boom, metric ton of moons queue up! 8)