IGNORED

My Nintendo rewards system

Rick Dangerous

I used to be a big fan of the old "Club Nintendo" system, until i realized how hard it sucked. I had tons of points and never anything decent to use it on. I got a few free games, maybe one t shirt, and a Zelda sound track on CD i think. The gold nun-chucks and such were sold out the second they went up.

I'm up to 240 points on this new system, and not seeing anything super interesting available so far. Does anyone have high hopes for "My Nintendo" or do you think it will be another "Club Nintendo" type situation.

What would you like to see out of this rewards system that you didn't out of club Nintendo?

I had some trouble working out the website. It seemed stuck in a tutorial type mode. I've written web stuff as a job and using Nintendo's online sites makes me wonder if I'm an idiot or not... I'm an easy pleaser though. Anything extra for games I'm already buying makes me happy. I'm not sure if it'll succeed but I think it seemed fine, I just had trouble operating the web site.

I don't know why they're not more clear on this. If you boot the game up and go to an options screen, and look there, you have a my nintendo option and if you click that button it will register your game as bought and gift up the coinage for it.

This is not quite idiot proof yet. Rather than going to the options screen in the game, it has to be done from the Switch menu system. Took me a minute to figure it out myself...

Should be able to claim them either place since everything is tied back to that My Nintendo account which the Switch is in sync with. 'Buy' on your web browser, fire up system, should be queued up ready to go (in the future) or you go to that items page on the eshop and just click download.

The old system was great for the physical awards. I remember getting the physical Game & Watch, as well as some Club Nintendo exclusive Game & Watch DS games. The end of year rewards were really cool too. I got a lot of great full-size posters from them, as well as that really cool Mario pin set. I don't see anything like that happening with the My Nintendo rewards unless the Switch takes off like crazy. I always assumed they ditched the old setup due to the Wii U not exactly selling like wildfire, and they probably couldn't justify spending the money to keep high quality rewards coming.

Yes it was. I still have the Ball G&W, but I got rid of over time the Luigi Mansion trophy an the 2 G&W DS titles. I do have the Zelda and also the red/gray reverseable pouches. Those end of the year platinum bonuses I earned them all, but the only one worth keeping was the Super Mario crew trophy that came in a ? block box.

Edited by Tanooki