IGNORED

Zelda Breath of the Wild - Advice/Help thread

Tanooki

that definitely helps. the boss was a lot easier with upgraded armor and about 15 hearts ;)

The shrines I enjoyed doing the most right off the bat are the "blessing" shrines and the 'minor combat' shrines. The Blessing ones take a bit of effort to get into, but no puzzles- the minor combat is just whack whack dead on a baby guardian. :)

I’m enjoying riding around on Epona from the very beginning. I think it makes the game a lot more enjoyable to get this great steed at the beginning of the game. I wanted to rename her Shadowfax, but they won’t let you. I guess then I’d have to find some all white gear and ride without a saddle.

Edited by adamchevy

i finished up the game yesterday morning. it's kind of a bummer there's not a New Game+ mode, where I can explore Hyrule Castle without being harassed by those dumb Guardians everywhere.

Doing all 4 Beasts first definitely helps- both with the buffs and with the HP reduction. For the final bit of it I ditched my horse pretty quick and just ran around- it was WAY more effective for me.

Working on getting all the bits for the rubber armor set right now. Got the helmet and the pants so far. That should help with Thunderblight Ganon as well!

Since playing again, I've rarely been using horses. I am never in an area that seems to have them, and when I do find one, I forget to bring them to the stable, so I've been on foot 99% of the time.

• Like 2

I haven't played this game since a few months after it came out originally. I actually did go through the Elephant Zora domain section first and didn't have much difficulty with it honestly. Then decided to do the desert section and pretty much cleared it out but could never get the timing or figure out how to beat the camel boss! After literally spending half a day on trying to figure it out I just put the game down and never went back to it.

• Like 1

I haven't played this game since a few months after it came out originally. I actually did go through the Elephant Zora domain section first and didn't have much difficulty with it honestly. Then decided to do the desert section and pretty much cleared it out but could never get the timing or figure out how to beat the camel boss! After literally spending half a day on trying to figure it out I just put the game down and never went back to it.

That's where I got stuck. I decided on backing off trying to beat him and decided to go get better stuff. There are so many other things to do in the game. Mainly, I'm going around and getting things that will help with the battle, like the Rubber Armor set (cuts lightning damage) and the Master Sword.

• Like 1

That's where I got stuck. I decided on backing off trying to beat him and decided to go get better stuff. There are so many other things to do in the game. Mainly, I'm going around and getting things that will help with the battle, like the Rubber Armor set (cuts lightning damage) and the Master Sword.

Yeah I haven't even explored the northern middle section of the map yet in the game. I had explored all of Zora's domain, the dessert and most of the rain forest like area off to the left of the map. But hadn't explored the lost forest area and I think I'm still a few hearts short of being able to get the master sword still. Been a long time since I played the game so I would have to do little things again to get back into the swing of it when I pick it back up.

BTW I playing it on Wii-U but all the same tips apply in that regard.

You need at least 13 heart containers for the Master Sword, otherwise it kills you when you pull it from the ground. I have about 10 right now, so I'm still going around doing shrine quests along the way to finding the better armor.

I just went near Hyrule Castle to cut through to Ridgeland Tower for the final piece of the Rubber Armor set. I was getting my butt kicked big time, but then I found a really complex shrine to save my game. There was also a bunch of loot in the shrine, like some high-grade weapons that should help until I get the Master Sword. Reminds me of playing the original game and going up on the top left part of the map where the 8th dungeon is, but with the normal sword, no rings, and little shield!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

good to hear! i finished my 'major time' invested in Zelda last weekend since I had finished the game- really the main things now for me to do are completionist-type stuff. :)

I think it's fun to collect the armor sets; grinding the items to level them, notsomuch. lol

I need to vent....personally I think the combat controls for this game leave a lot to be desired.

In the heat of a battle, I will often times find myself in the crouching slow position, skulking around when I need speed. I know that my fat thumb got me in this position unintentionally and it is a bitch to get out of it. I'm still not sure what button combo to get out of the crouching position.

And then, switching to the bow is a one button maneuver if you have your weapon out, but it is a two button maneuver to raise your shield if your weapon is out. First you have to put the weapon away, and then raise your shield. Too much to think about in the heat of the battle when you want to block a guardian's laser beam.

I haven't thrown my controller in frustration in years as much as I have in this game!

Thanks for letting me vent!

• Like 2

i do that crouching thing in the heat of battle all the time too. it's irritating as heck! to 'uncrouch' you'll want to push on the left stick.

another thing i do when i'm trying to look and aim is push the right stick and then it brings up the Sheikah Slate, lol. I've gotten screwed by Farosh several times doing that.