IGNORED

3do fz-1 console box and dimensions?

Hello guys, second time posting and it's a desperate request.(first time was the same request with the vectrex console box) Could a good and enlightened soul be a dear and send me pics from all the sides of the console box and the exact dimensions from it. I'm going to make a replica of the box , since I can't find any empty ones to buy. i did it with some other consoles and it turned out amazing. So, if any of you great guys and/ or gals could do this for me ( five minutes task) I would appreciate a lot and even make the art available for whomever asks for it. and I also make replicas of the game boxes for those that interests, and I take requests also, free of charge. I thank you all in advance. All the best from Brazil

Leonardo.

• Like 1

I don't know why you're so surprised, that's not uncommon at all, at least here in Brazil. I'm not a die-hard collector and rather spend the money people ask on standalone boxes on more games. And since I have the systems since they were released and did not have the clarity of mind of today to keep the boxes, I think it's a good and neat way to keep them stored, and the Mrs. wont complain... And yes there Is replica styrofoam inside. (At least there will be, thats the next step)

Let's see, it's 40,00 reais a really good (actually excellent) full size print in an adhesive paper (plus 20,00 reais shipping because there I couldn't find a decent place in my hometown to print in a quality that I would find satisfactory), and around 10,00 reais for a good cardbox. 70,00 reais = around 20,00 American Dollars. It could be cheaper if I wasn't too choosy (I don't know if that's a word) about the quality. The real difficult part is finding high quality pictures of the boxes to replicate it and, of course, the dimensions. The Internet isn't big enough to find any topics where people would post them. And the main idea is not to fool others into thinking they're original, but to restore them safely and correctly, and to make them look good in the process.

I'll attach some of my projects for you to see what i mean.

post-50438-0-62960600-1489257842_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-86963400-1489257853_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leonardo Biagi
  • Like 2

Not so hard, specially if it's cardboard, but then again we face the same problem with the boxes itself, we need someone willing to take the measurements and post the pictures, or even someone just post the pictures with some key dimensions (not all the measurements) I can estimate the scale and build a guide. Another membe r(KilJoy) started one interesting topic about it at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240709-vintage-replacement-box-inserts-and-instructions-to-make-them/?hl=%2Bjoystick+%2Bkyljoy+%2Bbox&do=findComment&comment=3281643with a guide to atari 2600 inserts made out of cardboard and is encouraging others to do the same, but it didn't get much replies yet.

Now if it's styrofoam, it would take a little more work, because it would (again) depend on people posting what they have, and the hardest part would be to sculp (to mold) the styrofoam itself so it would need some experience in sculping (but not so much, really, just some knife handling and patience). But I'll gladly make the how to guides and post it if someone post the pictures.

I got the dimensions from a collector here in Brazil and this is the result: (It is still missing some text information On the 3DO topo) (I would like to make the other version of the FZ-1 box, the black one with pictures, but then again I would still need pictures and the dimensions for that)

post-50438-0-51889600-1489510891_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-31884800-1489510900_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-02655100-1489510905_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-92842800-1489510910_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In another post from a different forum, Dr Manhattan suggested that I built mini replica boxes from the original ones, and I tought it was a great idea. It not only helped me a lot on seeing what problems I might have with the big ones, but also turned out to be amazing. This is the first attempt and I have some tweeking to do. But I think we'll have a definitive one on the next try.

Thanks again to all for the support.

(The Styrofoam project is depending on the arrival of my big box)

(The forum keeps on turning my pictures sideways and I don't know how to fix it, sorry about that)

post-50438-0-46444200-1490756615_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-59162300-1490756619_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-89782300-1490756623_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-26832600-1490756628_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-21447300-1490756632_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-61773600-1490756636_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And now for an update. I'm having real problems finding a piece of cardboard anywhere in my city that fits the size, without already being folded (and not the right way for us) or that I have to join together more than once. And that's not the way I want to do it. And all this to add to the fact that the printing places here also lack from the quality I'm looking. So I've been quiet because of that, but I'm still searching.

And I'm working on three more box projects and soon we'll have more mini boxes.

And I'd like to remind everyone interested in the mini boxes that the files are already available upon request so people can print at their own printing places (or homes) and that's the cheaper way. If people still want me to send the printed paper or even the box itself (the mini boxes I mean), It's a little heavy on the pocket. Talking at the post office, they informed me that for posting to Europe (I forgot to ask a quote for the USA) is around 35 euros. Thanks again to all for the support.

This will be basically the same message in all the forums where people've been helping, commenting and requesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Not your boxes as you're overseas but looks like similar products are showing up on ebay

Geeze..... these will then find their way back into the market as original.

https://youtu.be/u5oLFxjG6RE

http://m.ebay.com/itm/332167604054?_mwBanner=1

I think I might have created a monster... but some people will always take advantage of others from other people's resources. I just hope my files are used for good and not evil.

I always stated that my files are intended for personal use and even when people have asked me to sell boxes I never liked the idea.

We can't control other peoples actions and I just hope the sense of community and sharing overcomes the need to profit in here.

(And you can find those in Brazil too, I've seem people selling replica boxes, (stating they are not original, but Ive seen consoles being sold at astronomic prices with visually replica boxes but with no disclaimer and even worse, when people ask if its original, they say it is)

But that's a nice and important info to know, Jagosaurus and I think you are correct to say that people will sell their consoles with replica boxes stating they are real.

But not from me. ;)

Edited by Leonardo Biagi

• 3 weeks later...

I have this box at home if you need me to give you measurements? I would be HIGHLY interested in a repro of this box as mine is worn and has some box tape on it. :( You could even add some "reproduction box" text somewhere on it. In fact that should be a requirement honestly.

Panasonic-3DO-024-Box.JPG

I have this box at home if you need me to give you measurements? I would be HIGHLY interested in a repro of this box as mine is worn and has some box tape on it. :( You could even add some "reproduction box" text somewhere on it. In fact that should be a requirement honestly.

Panasonic-3DO-024-Box.JPG

Of course I'm interested! Even if it's just to help you get the box. Then I'll have it in my "database" form whoever ask for it, and it woulb be nice to have a mini box of it. Can you take some pictures as well of all the sides, top and bottom. And some close ups of things that you could consider hard to replicate, like hands, people, this kind of thing.

And concerning the "reproduction box", I was wondering about it and you could't be so right!! It's just a small text and it solve any problems people would have. Great idea!

Thank you and all the best!

Measurements are below. Let me know if these work for you. As for the picture of things hard to replicate, there really wasn't anything I could see that would be difficult but you tell me if you need me to take a picture of something. Keep in mind my box is pretty worn. :(

16 5/8" high

15" wide

7 3/16" deep

Measurements are below. Let me know if these work for you. As for the picture of things hard to replicate, there really wasn't anything I could see that would be difficult but you tell me if you need me to take a picture of something. Keep in mind my box is pretty worn. :(

16 5/8" high

15" wide

7 3/16" deep

This is really nice!! Thank you!!

As for the pics, if you could take one pic from each face so I can have a reference, it would be nice. There's no problem if the box is in good shape or not... but if it's too much trouble, that's ok, I'll fish the net for it.

Thanks again

This is really nice!! Thank you!!

As for the pics, if you could take one pic from each face so I can have a reference, it would be nice. There's no problem if the box is in good shape or not... but if it's too much trouble, that's ok, I'll fish the net for it.

Thanks again

Sure thing. I'll try and get some pictures of all sides of it. Hopefully I can avoid some glare. :)

• 4 weeks later...