IGNORED

Lynx - just one game?

Ted Tahquechi

How can Lynx Xybots be better than the coin-op with rotary controller?

The Lynx version uses the full screen with easily toggled sub-screens.

The coin-op isn't a rotary controller, it's a twisty joystick, easily replicated with the Lynx's D-Pad in my opinion.

You don't have to agree, it's just a thing I like. :-)

• Like 1

For me probably Rygar. I got better games, but Rygar really is my go to game.

I agree. Great question, but Rygar has probably been my most played game going back to the 90s when I first got a Lynx. Now if it was my ONLY game maybe I'd get tired of it, but for now I'll stick w/Rygar.

Somewhere in the tunnels/pits.....don't remember. I thought it was probably my cartridge but since I sold all of them and I now use the SD card it still happens...

I have completed it on the Lynx, too. It never crashed.

Maybe your Lynx is faulty, or there are different versions of the game.

I've played through Shadow of the Beast a few times and never had an issue with it crashing.

I would pick Slime World. I never did beat the sixth area, so that alone would keep me occupied for a long time. And the second through fifth sections are long enough that I could probably never memorize them.

I was going through my lynx library this weekend and then I realized once again how cool ninja gaiden is. From a tech perspective, it's quite impressive (not like blue lightning yep I agree) with a lot of big sprites and a nice and smooth scrolling. The art direction is pretty nice too. The music is excellent and the gameplay without a flaw (it's a bit hard though). Am I alone to put this game in the top 5 games?

I was going through my lynx library this weekend and then I realized once again how cool ninja gaiden is. From a tech perspective, it's quite impressive (not like blue lightning yep I agree) with a lot of big sprites and a nice and smooth scrolling. The art direction is pretty nice too. The music is excellent and the gameplay without a flaw (it's a bit hard though). Am I alone to put this game in the top 5 games?

This game is fantastic and was one of the first games I owned on the Lynx. Definitely top 5.

There's another game I didn't mention that back in the days I found graphically impressive.

"HYDRA".....I remember when i first played it on the Lynx in the early 90s, the first thought that came to my mind was it had a S.T.U.N Runner kind of feel to it. Not as impressive or fast as S.T.U.N RUNNER, but Hydra was also a pretty good faithful port of an Atari original article arcade machine.

Speaking of Stun Runner, the first time I beat the Ultimate Challenge last level of STUN Runner (Which took me 25 years to beat?) I noticed the ending victory theme music with fireworks display at the end of Stun Runner (Lynx Version) was the exact same music played in the Hydra (Lynx Version) Bonus levels....????

Hydra stole Stun Runners ultimate challenge completion music.

Did Atari Lynx purposely do that, or was it a mistake, or just being lazy? Lmao

Just a quick fun fact for those like me who have completed every level in Stun Runner that may have noticed as I did when the ending music played. ?

I've also noticed other games on the Lynx borrow music clips and sound effects from each other...?

Edited by Stun Runner 87

For me it would be Warbirds.

It was the second game I bought and the first I played on comlynx against a friend, the only other person I knew at the time with a Lynx who also by chance had Warbirds!

Spent many happy hours chasing each other around the sky and trying to crash in to each other!

Happy days :-D

For me it would be Warbirds.

It was the second game I bought and the first I played on comlynx against a friend, the only other person I knew at the time with a Lynx who also by chance had Warbirds!

Spent many happy hours chasing each other around the sky and trying to crash in to each other!

Happy days :-D

I love Warbirds. It reminds me of Ace of Aces!

AceOfAces-Game.png

• 2 months later...

Without a doubt, Super Skweek- a fantastic puzzle game with an enormous amount of replay value. Over 200 stages with numerous power-ups that help create different strategies for completing each level's objective. The variety makes this a game I keep coming back to again and again.

Haven't played Lynx but I would also choose S.T.U.N. Runner.

One of my favorite Atari coin-ops from the late 80s. Did Lynx get my other favorite, Xybots?

Fantastic avatar - I'm incredibly jealous! 8)

Regarding the Lynx game, jeeeeze, that's far too tough...hmmmmm....

Slime World

Zarlor Mercenary

Shadow of the Beast

Dracula

Chip's Challenge

SCRAPYARD DOG

...and so on...