IGNORED

Developers/testing required for mini-itx clone system - ÉclaireXL

foft

Hi Foft,

Your Atari 8-bit core for the MiST (which I am guessing you will be using for this project) uses the European type keyboard for the key layout which places the 4-key cursor cluster directly to the left of the ENTER key using:

[ { = ↑
} ] = ↓
' @ = ←

# ` = →

The problem is U.S. keyboards have ; : and ' " in the place of '@ and #` which make using the ←→ cursor keys a problem. Could you possibly look into this?

Atari%20Keyboard%20Map.png

changes:

; : = ←

' " = →

Also, any chance of making the actual keyboard cursor keys functional?

Thank you.

Steve

Edited by 917k

Yes, it shares this code with the mist.

The cursor keys are mapped to porta.

The nice thing about the U.K. Keyboard is there is space to map the original layout, while the US layout does not have enough keys. Are they hard to get in the US? So semicolon would be backslash?

If you update the mapping and send me the files then I can make this an option. The core currently does USB to ps2 then has ps2 codes here:

http://ssh.scrameta.net/atarixlfpga_svn/trunk/atari_800xl/common/a8core/ps2_to_atari800.vhdl

http://ssh.scrameta.net/atarixlfpga_svn/trunk/atari_800xl/firmware/usb/keycodes.h

I guess the USB translation is the same? So just the ps2 codes need updating?

Btw f1-f4 also move the cursor.

Edited by foft

I'm surprised more of this projects don't use the royalty free DisplayPort standard. Mini-DisplayPort frees up a ton of space.

It's much higher frequency isn't it? If you have a schematic and some hdl we can consider it. That said I don't think tvs have it in general, so there probably isn't a standard 50Hz pal type mode?

It's much higher frequency isn't it? If you have a schematic and some hdl we can consider it. That said I don't think tvs have it in general, so there probably isn't a standard 50Hz pal type mode?

DisplayPort is a bear in an FPGA, you need way more resources than with HDMI. I'm only aware of 1 publicly available implementation.

Hi Foft,

Your Atari 8-bit core for the MiST (which I am guessing you will be using for this project) uses the European type keyboard for the key layout which places the 4-key cursor cluster directly to the left of the ENTER key using:

[ { = ↑

} ] = ↓

' @ = ←

# ` = →

The problem is U.S. keyboards have ; : and ' " in the place of '@ and #` which make using the ←→ cursor keys a problem. Could you possibly look into this?

Atari%20Keyboard%20Map.png

changes:

; : = ←

' " = →

Also, any chance of making the actual keyboard cursor keys functional?

Thank you.

Steve

Dark-AKI project http://ftp.pigwa.net/stuff/projects/AKI/source/

and keyboard http://atariage.com/forums/topic/137644-pajero-mad-team-stereo-and-1mb-upgrades/?do=findComment&comment=1661518

@foft will your 5200 core be updated to run on this board? If so will there be support for 5200 cartridges?

Would something like the Atari 5200 Cartridge Dumping Adapter for the Maxflash USB Programmer work?

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/documentation/

Yes, but initially the focus is finishing off remaining features on the Atari 800XL/Atari 800. The board we designed does not have a socket for 5200 cartridges. Though this is a small adaptor board, we could have a different version with both 5200 and atari 800 cartridge sockets.

With the adaptor you mention - do you know how it is wired up? I wonder if its D0-D0,D1-D1 etc. How about A13?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We received these boards a week or two ago and, after santosp spent a lot of time checking them, they are all being sent out.

I received mine a couple of days ago. I'll see about posting some pictures soon.

• Like 7

Last moment it turned out to be available one more board from the new batch. If someone want to buy it, contact me within p.m. :)

Cost is 240$ + shipping.

Some photos for now. I will post later a text with the improvements vs version 1.0

The design have go down to 0602 smd.

post-23371-0-33595100-1495549074_thumb.jpg post-23371-0-54872000-1495549144_thumb.jpg post-23371-0-03651000-1495549189_thumb.jpg post-23371-0-18251400-1495549507_thumb.jpg

Edited by santosp
  • Like 5

Wow that's completely different! The joystick ports make no sense pointing straight up. How would you access them from the rear panel area in a Mini-ITX case?

EDIT: Oh I see... the board is meant to stick out past the actual back of the case.

Other than that, the board looks very nice.

- Michael

Edited by mytekcontrols
  • Like 1