IGNORED

How to copy a Mii from your Wii U/3DS and transfer to Switch

Rick Dangerous

Article: Here's step by step directions on how to transfer or copy a Mii from your Wii U to the Nintendo Switch. This will allow you to use a pre-made Mii for you Nintendo Switch user icon.

What you'll need:

• Wii U
  • Nintendo Switch
  • amiibo of your choice
ON THE WII U

Turn on your Wii U, login to the user's profile that has the Mii you want to transfer, and go to System Settings.

Go to amiibo Settings, then hit Register Owner and Nickname. Touch the amiibo to the GamePad as directed. Change the Owner if needed then hit save. Touch the amiibo to the GamePad again to register the owner.

ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH

Hop over to your Nintendo Switch and load up the System Settings. Scroll down to User then select Add New user. Once you're given the prompt to choose an icon scroll to the Mii tile and click hit.

Choose Create New Mii, then select Copy Mii from amiibo. Grab the amiibo you used before and touch it to the NFC touchpoint on the right Joy-Con. Your amiibo should be successfully copied. After it's transferred from the amiibo you can customize the Mii's pose, expression, and completely edit the original Mii.

Original Article:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-switch/How_to_Copy_a_Mii_from_the_Wii_U_to_Nintendo_Switch

This was helpful as I wasn't sure how to do this.

Not sure what they are doing with the Mii's in the Switchverse, but I've had mine for 10 years now and needless to say i'm a little attached to it.