IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Well?

RSS Bot

So I was looking at the Francis Ichabod game this morning, the night after I made it so Francis doesn't automatically shoot when you start him up at the beginning or lost a life. I said to myself, there needs to be something ELSE. So I thought about what I could possibly do to make the game more difficult. So I had an idea: Make the pretzels a power-up item, like the Star in Super Mario Bros. So I did. I made it so collecting a pretzel makes you invincible for a short time. And since that happens, I also decided to make it so the pretzels show up less often. So now if you're invincible, Francis's shirt color changes to red (or black if you're in b&w mode) all the time you're invincible. It changes back when you're done being invincible, which isn't really all that long. So now that I've done that, I have <400 bytes left in the game. (When I was totally finished with Cellar-y Celery, I had 1 byte left!) I tested this current build and it works really well. And my knee still hurts, but not as bad as it was yesterday, though I still can't cross my legs like I want to, nor can I move it without wincing at the fear that pain may happen. It hurts every time I try to lay down, which makes it so I don't want to go to sleep. But once I get in bed and have my legs in the correct position, my left knee stops hurting. So anyway, here is the latest version of FIC8. Play it. Tell me what you think. Please. I've still have 0 comments about what anyone thinks of the game.

Attached File(s)

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13727-well/