IGNORED

Factor 5 is back, they like the Switch

Flojomojo

If this really happens and it hits the market I'd buy that. They're one of my old favorites going back to that wicked Indiana Jones title on the SNES and really sealed the deal with also Indy on N64 and Rebel Squadron 2 when Gamecube came out. They know their stuff well and are amazing at really pulling potential out of any system they tap into. Hopefully whatever it took to get them back on their feet after so many years is stable and the cash flow sticks with them for continued success. While I doubt Disney would bother giving them the time of day with their Lucas properties, there's so much more they could stick their fingers into and potentially make a fantastic game out of given their resume in the 90s and 00s.

• Like 1

That is pretty good news!

Gotta love Star Wars and Turrican games from their past!

The funny part about this is, before I clicked on it and read it,...I was thinking of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factor-5-Video-Game-System-light-Gun-5-Games-Plays-8-Bit-NES-Nintendo-Games-/130531603900?hash=item1e644a35bc:g:MfsAAOxy2YtRv1AW

I forgot about that one. I went and looked things up from a Nintendo perspective (though their history under another name goes back more.)

Between 1998-00 on the N64 there was Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Resident Evil 2, SF Rush 2049, SW Ep1 Naboo, Indy Infernal Machine, and Pokemon Stadium which all did some insane stuff people weren't accustomed to seeing or hearing on the system as they were as much if not more of a benchmark setter than overly loved Rare.

On the Cube we just got both Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 sequels, though 2 really was the one to shine using those 90s remaster movie models as guides for that 2001 title. After that 1 PS3 game 4 years later and then croaked with a long list of canned projects including a scrapped Pilotwings for GC which sucks(I forgot about that) and Kid Icarus too. I'm sure people recall all the pop up news about Thornado for N64 then Gamecube as well which was I think Turrican related. They also made those MusyX sound tools the N64, GC, GBC and GBA used which cranked out some crazy good quality stuff. They were one of my favorite developers third party wise for Nintendo back then as they could be counted on fairly well for high tier quality finding screwy ways to eek out better than figured performance out of their hardware.

If they're saying the Switch lies between the WiiU and the One performance wise, and they want to go the Turrican route with it, I can only imagine the work they could get out there as long as they get it finished and published.

• Like 2