IGNORED

switchless Mod for Atari Jaguar

commander

I am collecting Jaguar Games since a view month and was thinking about making a switchless mod for the Jaguar and adding a reset switch to it.

The title is something strange, but its comming from a Sega Saturn Mod years ago (the code is based on this). The Saturn reset switch is used for change region and 50/60Hz.

The Mod here can upgraded to make the use of different Jaguar Bioses too, when needed.

You only need a Pic16f630 and a RGB-Led :-)

You will find the needed code and more pics here: http://wolfsoft.de/wordpress/?p=2458

jag_complete.jpg

Have fun.

Edited by commander
  • Like 1

I put a Din Connector for my rgb-standard cable at the position of the RF-Unit and a reset-switch in the back of the Jaguar

Jaguar_Reset_Din.jpg

Here we go

Jaguar_Final_Back.jpg

Jaguar_green_led.jpg

Jaguar_red_led.jpg

Jaguar_Final_dental.jpg

Did you paint your Jaguar case. I have one of the dental Jag cases but the back is missing. Awesome job on the the switch btw

Hi crtfreak,

i bought this case from ebay some month ago.

I hoped it is a dental case???

How can I check if its one?

cheers

It pretty sure is the dental case. Someone (difficult) just made 3D printed backs for the white shells, so that is what you ended up with.

Cool mods btw. Are you from Wolfsoft in Germany? I remember seeing the ads in old magazines and always admiring the ability to mod all those consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

So the games automatically see region of console, correct?

Would the purpose of this be refresh rate only, speeding up the game for PAL users from 50hz to 60hz, or maybe if your TV set only accepts one or the other?

Very clean mod. Love the back on the dental case.

Would the purpose of this be refresh rate only, speeding up the game for PAL users from 50hz to 60hz, or maybe if your TV set only accepts one or the other?

Both. It helps if you've got a Jaguar and a single-standard TV whose regions are different. Some games also run better in 60 Hz ; they can be smoother, faster and/or no longer have black borders.

Both. It helps if you've got a Jaguar and a single-standard TV whose regions are different. Some games also run better in 60 Hz ; they can be smoother, faster and/or no longer have black borders.

Thanks for confirming. Not something we run into much in the States (not sure where you're at). I know it's something PAL game players have to deal with often.

I was surprised to find out that my old Vizio accepts 576i @ 50hz recently fiddling with resolutions on my modded PS2.

Edited by Jagosaurus

• 2 months later...