IGNORED

F/S: Air Raid by Men-A-Vision for Atari 2600

aservantes

LOL you guys are unbelievable. There is a difference in listing a $50 item for $300 and listing an extremely rare item worth more than it is worth to ensure you find the best buyer and get longer advertising. Values fluctuate greatly on games and if I lose respect over making sure my item doesn't sell for $1000 less than it could make, well I'll make that trade. Forum reputation doesn't exactly pay my bills.

• Like 3

LOL you guys are unbelievable. There is a difference in listing a $50 item for $300 and listing an extremely rare item worth more than it is worth to ensure you find the best buyer and get longer advertising. Values fluctuate greatly on games and if I lose respect over making sure my item doesn't sell for $1000 less than it could make, well I'll make that trade. Forum reputation doesn't exactly pay my bills.

I didn't say you suck. I said that strategy sucks.

• Like 1

I dont use ebay. I use Offer Up. I can post a link to my profile.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-RAID-FOR-THE-ATARI-2600-R10-Holy-Grail-Extremely-rare-blue-handle-video-game-/282424854080?hash=item41c1d54640:g:MxsAAOSwA29Y50Ad

Who is this then? He has feedback.

Seems odd less the now seller was the buyer? :?

He sold it to Troy, who is now flipping it. Because, money.

• Like 2

I love how people are getting mad over someone dropping a few thousand of their own money so they can list it "properly" and get what it is worth. Everyone in here had a chance to buy it. Furthermore I told OP how to sell this numerous times and he decided against it.

Who's mad? The "surprise" I was referring to was who was selling it. Not that it was being flipped or the price.

You sell an item for whatever price you want. If you sell at a low price, you must expect this to happen.

I do understand its not a hobby for some but rather a business for flipping games, they do take risks with quick purchases from unknown sellers at times so there is a gamble with risk/reward and profit margins. However, there is a line some cross as flippers with multiple seller names to fake bids, then send out 2nd chance offers, and other tactics to put fake demand on a cart.

As a collector I am at odds with buying something dirt cheap from people who dont know the value of their games. I see from one side, hey thats business and if they don't do the research for the value of their games thats on them. However the other side is if someone who may have really need the money and found out they sold a $2000+ game in their systems lot for $50, the regret and depression that goes with that is Not something as a buyer I would feel good about being a part of. But then when I see a buy it now on ebay for something in a lot I'm in. Confusing dilemma, maybe an in personal sale is more personal on my moral compass vs ebay buy it now sales.

I didnt realize schoolgirl made the list, I bought lochjaw from him/her without any issue and with negotiations working smooth.

I'd like to see a list pinned or quotable at least of known juicers- people who bargain down items and try to flip them on eBay for enormous profits. Not simple flippers- only the most loathed profiteers. Schoolgirl level types.

Schoolwench-level? That's a little harsh, Ian ;)

Actually, I too would appreciate such a list. I've permanently blocked schoolschutta and happiestsellerever for the handful of times I sell on Ebay, but am always concerned about something that should go toward helping somebody's collection instead ending up relisted by a parasitic buyer.

Schoolwench-level? That's a little harsh, Ian ;)

Actually, I too would appreciate such a list. I've permanently blocked schoolschutta and happiestsellerever for the handful of times I sell on Ebay, but am always concerned about something that should go toward helping somebody's collection instead ending up relisted by a parasitic buyer.

Funny you mention happiestsellerever...they're my go-to for CIB Pico games, since they ship for a reasonable price and have been known to accept my offers of 30-40% of the listing price. I've never known them to be anything but decent to deal with.

Funny you mention happiestsellerever...they're my go-to for CIB Pico games, since they ship for a reasonable price and have been known to accept my offers of 30-40% of the listing price. I've never known them to be anything but decent to deal with.

He was driving up the price of Channel F games a while back and trying to flip them. Both him and schooltramp proved to be major obstacles toward finally finishing off my set there. He might be fine as a seller, but as a buyer he's almost as bad as some the other examples here.

Hate to see someone buying a rare game like this just for the purpose of flipping it for a much higher price, but it's the nature of the beast.

If the OP got his asking price of $2500 for the game -- they didn't say -- I'm sure they are happy with the sale cause that was a fair price for the game.

Let the other guy sit on it for a while. :lol:

Let the other guy sit on it for a while. :lol:

This, it's a gamble that might bite him in the ass lol. You have two factors here that really mater. How many people want this game bad enough to drop $3k+ on it and how many of those people have the extra $$ to spend.

As long as people keep paying these prices "across the board" people will keep charging them. I would prefer that games in general dropped in value then I wouldn't feel the need to sell all high priced games and they could stay in my collection but I am adaptable to the hobby.

Many people want their stuff to find a good home, rather than greedy reseller. Many people don't care. However it would be nice to compile a list to quote of the most serious offenders, not the occasional flipper, or even someone who buys lots to keep a few items and parts out the rest.

I wouldn't accuse said resellers of being dishonest sellers. I would simply call it annoying.

The times I do sell things, I go about it as such- items I just want to see in a happy new home I sell locally to friends & co-workers for ridiculous prices... for example, awhile back one co-worker was telling me that she was trying to find classic consoles to set up a game room for her husband, but was having trouble finding a tested NES she could afford (they're not crazy expensive, but the budget was tight at the time.) I happened to have a spare NES I used to loan to friends that had been untouched for a couple years. So, I checked over on Ebay and, at the time, an NES with hookups, 2 controllers, and a zapper went for about $70. I charged her $35. Hearing about her husband sneaking peeks at the system & giggling the night before they went game shopping makes me wish I'd done less- because that's just the kind of person I wanted it to go to.

If no one wants it locally, I'll list it here for slightly more- to cover shipping mostly. Yes, some people here flip & I've definitely seen a few of my items return to the Marketplace- but there's no serious gouging going on. It's collectors selling to collectors for just enough to cover collecting costs. And I like that.

Now, Ebay? That's different. I can't tell a reseller from Bob's uncle or little Billy or what-have-you. Ebay sales are all about the MONEY. If I list something on Ebay, there's no pretense about wanting a good home, it's strictly how much I think I can list an item for to make a quick profit. I aim to never be the lowest sale on the 'sold items' page. If that's low enough that someone else thinks they can flip it for a profit, then good luck to 'em. I already got paid, I don't care.

• Like 1