IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

You may need to rephrase the question as there is nothing specific to the UNO cart in regard to playing a multiplayer game, for example if you have the Atari XE cart for Ballblazer then that is a multiplayer game, so the cartridge image can be loaded from an SD on the UNO cart and played in the same way.

• 1 year later...

Is there somewhere the UnoCart firmware version 1.4? I have lurked into the binary attached some pages before and it looked to be 1.3.

My version is "1.2 Electrotrains/FJC '16"

On github the last version is 1.2.

Also, where are binaries for demos for ARM inside UnoCart? (stniccc.rom for example)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jhusak

Hi @jhusak,

I think 1.2 is the latest version, but I'm not absolutely certain.

If you want to get ARM binaries working on the UnoCart you need to update the firmware with an ST-Link USB dongle ($5 - $10 depending on source). I added ACE file support - see 

for a description on how this is done on the 2600, my repo for the XL/XE version is at: https://github.com/e474/UnoCart-Develop

Unfortunately, there is a problem with ARM binaries accessing the SD-card (it hangs the UnoCart), I think it is interrupt related (the loaded ARM binary stomps all over the UnoCart firmware's RAM), but my development laptop died while I was looking in to it, I had to go back to a 32-bit system until last year's Black Friday Sales (which were much better than this year's, which have been pretty poor, to be honest), and by the time I had my shiny new system up and running, I was out of free time. I'd like to get back into this and fix it, but I know I am going to be busy for the next months or so, and there's a bit of time required to get (back) up to speed.

The repo includes a firmware updater (also based on the 2600 codebase), so you only need to update the firmware once to support the ACE file format, and after that you can load ACE files that upgrade (or downgrade) the firmware.

Also, I did all the coding on Linux, and you have to change some paths to use the "\" path separator if you're building on Windows.

Hope this helps!