IGNORED

UnoCart (a new multi-cart) - orders/pre-orders thread

I knew those would sell quick. That search feature of the Uno cart is just plain awesome!

Have there been any firmware updates since the first batch you sold last year?

There has been a single update after I sent out the first "beta test" carts - to fix a bug with XEX files >64k, and also to add SHIFT + CURSOR support.

If your menu says v1.2, its the latest version.

Robin

• Like 1

OK: first seven of my nine cart run are paid for and I started ordering parts yesterday. Everyone from FULS onwards is eligible for a second chance if there are any drop-outs (which looks unlikely), and I'm keeping a list of those who've expressed interest drop-outs/second runs. I'll keep adding to that list but there are already enough for a further nine boards.

• Like 3

All nine carts I had on offer are now bought and paid for, and whatever parts haven't already arrived are on order. ARM chips will be the governor regarding lead time, but as soon as they're here and assembly has commenced, I'll post an update here and everything should be posted within a week after board assembly has started.

There's interest in a further 11 carts so far, and assuming all goes well I'd be open to the idea of doing a second run providing Robin is OK with it. ;)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I've added all the interested parties to a list pending a potential subsequent pre-order, but in the meantime I'm pleased to announce that all parts have arrived and I'll start board assembly over the Easter weekend. :) I understand Robin may be making a few more boards too, which will take care of a couple of people who missed out on my first batch.

• Like 1

Just built the first two of the nine carts ordered and discovered I forgot to buy female headers for the programming cable (!), so I've ordered some for express delivery (will arrive next Wednesday owing to UK Bank Holidays). By the time they arrive I should have all the boards assembled and then it'll take a couple of days to program the boards, test them, and assemble and label the cases. ;)

• Like 5