IGNORED

Any way to jump to last read post in a thread?

cacophony

There are a number of on-going threads that I follow daily. Is there a way to automatically jump to the last post I read? I typically search through the recent posts to find the last one I read, but it would be nice to have it automatically take me there if I click a certain link (or the thread itself). I've seen this implemented on other discussion forums and found it helpful.

There are a number of on-going threads that I follow daily. Is there a way to automatically jump to the last post I read? I typically search through the recent posts to find the last one I read, but it would be nice to have it automatically take me there if I click a certain link (or the thread itself). I've seen this implemented on other discussion forums and found it helpful.

When in an area (like the website comments) you see the last message listed in all the threads in the area sorted by date & time.

Click on the date and time (like shown in orange here). If you are using a modern browser with all the functions active, it should take you right there.

gallery_35324_1027_30025.jpg

It works for me. I just "view new content" then click on the circle that is to the left of the thread title

Yes, this, click the blue circle in View New Content to jump to the first unread post in the thread. If you subscribe to threads you are interested in, you can also click "Just Items I Follow" on the left, and you'll only see threads you are subscribed to. Makes it much easier to keep track of threads you are interested in. You can also click, "Content I have not read" on the left to see threads that have had new posts you haven't read yet.

..Al