IGNORED

Cool Atari 2600 Blue Glowing Joystick - Reminds me of Tron

atarifan88

I just purchased a cool looking joystick that reminds me of the Tron arcade joystick because it glows blue. Has anyone ever purchased this item? If so, what did you think of it?

https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Link-Atari-Style-Wired-Controller-Blue/dp/B00MYBM9YS/ref=pd_sbs_63_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00MYBM9YS&pd_rd_r=XD2R3RRR6WZKYCJYFFPC&pd_rd_w=SppdC&pd_rd_wg=oINEp&psc=1&refRID=XD2R3RRR6WZKYCJYFFPC

I have one that I purchased years ago and I love it for playing Atari via emulation.

The reason I was drawn to it was that it reminded me of Tron. I'll pretty much buy anything Tron related LOL

I'm glad you brought it up because I need to locate mine. I used to have it set up right near my PC that had my MAME and Emulators loaded up on it, but moved about a year ago. I don't believe I kept up with where that joystick is and now I wanna play!

• Like 1

That's pretty neato!

I wonder if they make an Atari version?

This is an Atari version. Well it looks just like the Atari joysticks, but is a USB controller that's meant to work with Stella in emulation. But you probably mean the same joystick with an plug on the end that fits a real 2600 console. That I have not seen...yet. I do remember seeing the old M-Network Tron joysticks, but I don't think it lit up:

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Joystick-Controller-Atari-Commodore/dp/B00NE4A20W

• Like 1

I had a similar one that was black. I would use it sometimes, especially for a flying game like M-Network Air Raiders. They were cool in that the cord would wind up into the base.

My preferred joystick back in the day was a Wico bat stick. Loved those things.

About a year ago I purchased a NOS Tron blue joystick and was quite pleased with it. The look and feel matched that of Tron totally, it didn't feel 'cheap' and the stick had a nice give to it, and the suction cups meant you can attach it to something and not have it come loose despite hard gameplay. It was my main joystick for Stella/Flashback playing.....

For all of a month, and then it broke.

Oh well, given the age of it I can't say I'm shocked.

Just got this and I have to say I am extremely disappointed! Calibrated it and it worked ok for a minute, then it just stopped working all together. Will be returning it.

That's too bad. I don't think the one I have is the same as yours.

Mine was made in the US by Legacy Engineers which I believe was an AA member.

Like I said though, it was years ago (like 6 or 7 years ago) this must be some sort of knock off version.