IGNORED

Broken Harmony cart.

Mr Oni

• 3 weeks later...

I changed sd card, I blowed in harmony, I flashed the bios (pal50 & pal 60) on different sdcard, I tried several insertion position, and finally tried with original game centiped to test the hardware and it works perfectly (guenuine atari vcs 2600 junior pal).

I did not open the harmony because I don't understand how to and I don't want to break the harmony cartridge.

It stop giving video signal while running although the rom was still running (could hear the sound).

since then got crappy video signal or black screen. The crappy video rendering is basically because I believe the pins where not touching each other.

I could open it and solder sensitive part if only I knew how to open it and if I would have been sure that this is the problem !

any hints ?

I can try to find another vcs to test on but I really wish to understand the purpose of it since the vcs on which it was, was running fine with it and just stop all of a sudden.

When I lost video signal I could still hear the sound.

I will not dare to touch the solder point, too scared to make it worst.

hope to get news from batari

It's just good troubleshooting practice. I was thinking that your existing VCS may not be "strong" enough to run a harmony cart. Weak caps, noisy regulator, or that funky inductor mod that was affecting some melody boards a while ago. I was thinking that something had aged a little more and is now out of tolerance. Hence the simple task of plugging it into another different VCS console.

BTW: I would have expected some official response about it by now. Surprises me!

Oh ok, now it is said that makes sense to me. Will definitely try. The question is why the video and not the sound ? Why can't I run it blindly without video signal ?

But yeah that's a good track, maybe that's the beginning of a worst issue ... I hope not.

I got the idea to change the power supply and it appears that I got more often weird screen than black one with no signal.

I start to believe that you probably put your finger onto something right.

Is there any well known capacitor to change or something on the vcs ?

[...]

I flashed the bios (pal50 & pal 60) on different sdcard

[...]

Did the EEPROM loader download successfully (step 1 in the harmony programming tool)?

post-10599-0-90175500-1493219740_thumb.png

If so, try loading the harmony with a single game, using the "Development" tab in the software and see if it works (you can run the harmony without the sd card in that case).

post-10599-0-71767900-1493219753_thumb.png

Did the EEPROM loader download successfully (step 1 in the harmony programming tool)?

attachicon.gifbios.png

If so, try loading the harmony with a single game, using the "Development" tab in the software and see if it works (you can run the harmony without the sd card in that case).

attachicon.gifdevel.png

Yes it did download nicely.

Will try asap.

I bought spare vcs junior pal to test on other vcs.