IGNORED

Christmas software for the 64

Check out GameBase64 at www.gb64.com - putting 'Christmas' in the (contains) search box brought up 13 entries, and you'd probably find more if you search for variations like Holiday or Xmas.

Thank you! Good call. Now I can try to find them on eBay or elsewhere. Want them in my collection. Thanks again!

Odd, Jingle Disk isn't one of the titles there. Was under the impression it was pretty popular. Perhaps they have some criteria as to what gets in.

The only real criteria is if it's a game really, and Jingle Disk is more a combined print shop and animation demo so i'd assume doesn't qualify? i can't find a crack on the CSDb either so it may simply have escaped the crackers' attention.

Searching the CSDb for Christmas or Xmas should get you a few hits as well, by the way. =-)

The only real criteria is if it's a game really, and Jingle Disk is more a combined print shop and animation demo so i'd assume doesn't qualify? i can't find a crack on the CSDb either so it may simply have escaped the crackers' attention.

Searching the CSDb for Christmas or Xmas should get you a few hits as well, by the way. =-)

Ooh, will check that out. Thanks! Funny enough, on gb64, there is at least one Christmas demo, non-game related, title there.

Funny enough, on gb64, there is at least one Christmas demo, non-game related, title there.

Things do sneak through, one of the "games" they have listed for me is only a game in the sense you can interact a bit before it insults you. =-)

• Like 1

On Commodore 64SX demo disks there's also Christmas demo that was meant to be run on a store display to promote the C64's colorful graphics, 3 channels sound, and low price compared to other computers who had only mono display and limited or no sound.

https://www.howtogeek.com/99641/download-the-commodore-64-christmas-demo-from-1982/

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Tonight a brand new Christmas Megademo for the C64 was released. It is the work of 30 people over a course of 9 weeks and it is totally brilliant! I don't know about NTSC or if it needs PAL to play properly but if you want something fresh for Christmas, you should definitely look it up.

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=198283

• Like 1

15 hours ago, carlsson said:

Tonight a brand new Christmas Megademo for the C64 was released. It is the work of 30 people over a course of 9 weeks and it is totally brilliant! I don't know about NTSC or if it needs PAL to play properly but if you want something fresh for Christmas, you should definitely look it up.

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=198283

Very cool.  The skills of demo coders always wow me.