IGNORED

FS: Boxed Jaguar Rotary Controller & Custom Patches

Machine

FS/FT - NEW Boxed JAGUAR ROTARY CONTROLLER:

We ended up making one of the best controllers even better. A jaguar rotary controller with a new 20 pin socket. Replacing the 74HC244 chip is made easy with the new 20 pin socket. The 74HC244 chip can fail over time(or static) and this new 20 pin socket allows anyone to replace the 74HC244 chip in just a few minutes.

We made a small number of these. Having someone professionally de-solder and add the 20 pin socket was expensive. We used all new 74HC244 chips. Each brand new controller comes with a brand new chip installed and an extra chip in case it ever needs replaced.

This controller will last forever.

post-14528-0-04955500-1491055144_thumb.jpgpost-14528-0-71370100-1491055169_thumb.jpg

So we made up new boxes, all new boxart was designed by GraziGamer. She did an amazing job, the artwork is extremely well done! Boxes have labels/decals applied to all six sides:

post-14528-0-14903800-1491055253_thumb.jpg post-14528-0-26962000-1491058894_thumb.jpg

some new patches made:

post-14528-0-10516600-1491055337_thumb.jpgpost-14528-0-95541300-1491055350_thumb.jpg

post-14528-0-65894700-1491056528_thumb.jpgpost-14528-0-04623800-1491056557_thumb.jpg

Here is finished product:

post-14528-0-55041800-1491055420_thumb.jpg

Send a PM if interested. I did not make make a bunch of these and I am basically selling these at cost.

Boxed Controller with New 20 pin:

Price $100. Add $10 if you want both patches. Add $20 for all 4 patches (see 2 activision patches below)

I have a few Boxed Rotary Controller without the new 20 pin socket. These are the same except the 74HC244 chip cannot be replaced.

Price: $75. Add $10 if you want both patches. Add $20 for all 4 patches (see 2 activision patches below)

Shipping will be $20(inside USA). Each Boxed Controller will be shipped inside a Priority Box. (Canada is $46 shipping insured, rest of World PM me your address)

Set of 4 patches can be bought by themselves. The set of 4 are $20 plus $2 shipping.

See my trade post at end of thread!

I really wanted everyone to know that GraziGamer did the boxes graphics for me. She did a professional job and was extremely easy to work with. If anyone needs graphics work done, you can't do better than her! Plus, she was able to figure out what I wanted on the box even when I couldn't explain it all that well! Thank you Grazi!!!!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 4

No joke. We made up a dozen or so Boxed Jag Rotary Controllers with removable chip and just 4 Boxed Jag Rotary Controllers without removable chip(normal).

All controllers are new old stock and fully tested. We destroyed our top scores in Rebooteroids and T2K with this controller. Both games deserve to be played with a proper controller.

2 sold already!

Thanks

-Tom

Edited by Machine

Once we sell all the controllers, there might be one or two boxes left. I can't promise anything right now. The patches are available right now, I would get those now, cuz I will not be getting any more of those. Shipping for the patches are $2 flat(in USA).

Thanks

Tom

I received mine today and I can say it's about the coolest setup I have ever seen from a fan based product! Unbelievably professional in every way!

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Thanks for the kind words! We worked very hard to put this together and priced it just barely above our costs. We did this to add to the community, definitely not for money! Enjoy!!!

Very nice! That set up for the controller is very nice. The box looks great. Do you still have patches left?

Yeap! Still some left. Send me a PM with what you want and were you live and I can get you a total. Shipping is usually $2-3 total for just patches.

• Like 1

10 sold, I still have a couple left!!!

I received some questions about what the replaceable chip does....

The 74HC244 chip inside the controller is very susceptible to static. If it gets a static shock, the controller will stop working right. I live in a very dry climate. We get a lot of static shock. I had several rotary controllers that stopped working because of static. We finally figured out the 74HC244 chip was going bad from static(thanks to Zerosquare who suggested replacing it).

So we replaced the 74HC244 chip with a 20 pin socket that allows you to replace the 74HC244 chip if it ever goes bad. Instead of de-soldering a 20 pin chip and re-soldering a new one, you now can just pop it out and pop in a new chip. It takes a few minutes. All controllers with the replaceable chips come with new 74HC244 chips and a replacement chip in the box.

Here is a picture showing the 20 pin socket and the 74HC244 chip that goes in it:

post-14528-0-76830000-1491322525_thumb.jpg

If the rotary controller ever stops working right, if it gets jittery or doesn't move left or right like it did when it was first new, the 74HC244 chip may be going bad. Just open the controller up and pop in a new 74HC244 chip.

Thanks for all the orders, and if you are on the fence, we have a few left.

Also, do not forget to order your patches! When these are gone, they are gone for good!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

Once we sell all the controllers, there might be one or two boxes left. I can't promise anything right now. The patches are available right now, I would get those now, cuz I will not be getting any more of those. Shipping for the patches are $2 flat(in USA).

Thanks

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm in the UK so probably better I have the lot on one go. Could you put the patches aside for me? If not I'll just take a box when you're ready to send them out. Kind regards.

• Like 1

I don't know that I can say enough awesome stuff about this controller! I ordered mine on Tuesday, and it arrived in my mailbox yesterday! The box is very well made and looks nearly like something official from back in the day! The controller itself appears to be essentially brand new as the the buttons all have a nice sturdy new controller feel to them. The Rotary is incredibly sexy with the metal Fuji and Atari embossed metal disc on it! This is my first time using a rotary with the Jaguar so honestly my scores on Tempest2K and RebooteRoids haven't been as good as when I was using the standard Jag pad. But I blame that more because I'm simply not used to the increased fidelity of the control. You can literally move your shooter around the Tempest webs much faster than ever possible with the standard jag controller.

Anyway, the entire package is very well done and aside from my having to get used to the rotary control, it feels very nice to hold and the rotary action is super smooth!

I'm very pleased with this purchased and if you are sitting on the fence about getting a rotary controller for the Jag, this is about the best one I've seen so far! You do lose the function of having a dedicated control pad in addition with a rotary, but with the games that support the rotary, they also are designed so that you can navigate the menus...etc using the rotary once it is selected.

• Like 3

Thank you very much Crossbow! Wait until you play with it for a few days, you are gonna crush your high scores.

I know the price is more than others, but we set the price right above our costs. We will be lucky to make a few bucks on each one.

We still have one left (and one on hold) of the first run.

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

That is a great video, informative and professional looking! I am very happy that everyone really likes the controllers, boxes, and patches! It was a big investment in time & money to put this together and hearing people's response makes it worth while.

Again, great job Crossbow!

Oooooh, I posted this in the rebooteroids thread, but play around with the rotary controls in Rebooteroids.

Adjust the rotary setting, you can really fine tune the controls.

I use the settings below:

Rotary Rate:

---x------

Rotary Trim:

-------x---

Edited by Machine

Wow, we sold the first dozen. I have enough to make 10 more with boxes. After that, I doubt another run will happen....

We also have plenty of patches for sale, buy them alone or with a controller.

The removal chip rotary controller w/box & extra chip: $100

We still have a couple regular rotary controllers w/box: $75

• Like 1

I really wanted everyone to know that GraziGamer did the boxes graphics for me. She did a professional job and was extremely easy to work with. If anyone needs graphics work done, you can't do better than her! Plus, she was able to figure out what I wanted on the box even when I couldn't explain it all that well! Thank you Grazi!!!!

4 more controllers sold today. These are selling out fast!

• Like 2

4 more controllers sold today. These are selling out fast!

Thank you soooo much, Machine!!! It was a very nice job to do and I'm so glad with the result. Thanks for chose me to make part of this. BTW, people on facebook is going crazy about the controller too! hahah IT'S A SUCCESS!!! :lust: I'm so glad people are impressed and really enjoying the controller and the box, that makes it all worth it!

• Like 2

I know Grazi! I gotta post about your amazing work on Facebook as well. Working with you was so easy. You were extremely patient with me and I appreciate the fantastic job you did! It was more work than most people realize......and you nailed it!

If people saw that first rough drawing I sent you, they would think a 3 year old did it. You were somehow able to figure out what the project needed, and ran with it!

btw, I took this to a local video game store and both people behind the counter thought it was an offical Atari Project! :-o

Edited by Machine
  • Like 2