IGNORED

Retron Jr.

I wonder if it was a fake AND they wanted to test the waters.

Also their announcement of it as a fake seems so miniscule...Like they're answering one question from one guy...Hmmm Should have known...I suppose the Event will be when some company gives out some real info and happens to do it on April 1st...That's what I want to happen....Something cool and retro to get a release and be announced on April 1st ....Especially something so cool Everyone assumes it's a prank.

They also called their old smartboy thing a fake, but got so much good feedback they made that dumb device for android phones to play gameboy games after admitting it was a fake. I wouldn't put it passed them after doing a backfired April Fools joke to do it again so the speculation is kind of fair.

They also called their old smartboy thing a fake, but got so much good feedback they made that dumb device for android phones to play gameboy games after admitting it was a fake. I wouldn't put it passed them after doing a backfired April Fools joke to do it again so the speculation is kind of fair.

I don't buy the "it's fake" thing anymore. They're testing the waters. This has become an annual tradition with some companies.

The problem is, it's not a great idea to announce April Fools jokes when more than one of your ACTUAL products has become vaporware.

• Like 4

Completely true on both accounts. They announced so far one item for positive as a non-april fools joke because of the response which I noted. Yet then they waffle and delay over a year plus that GG adapter, and then cancel other garbage. Then roll this out again as a maybe maybe not prank. It's dumb and bad business as you can't trust them. That's why I took it as a non-joke joke erring on the fact they do stupid games with their PR machine.

I stand on what I said though, $40-50 I'd probably buy it. I'd rather have a dedicated handheld TV box that does HDMI (and in this case, optionally not too.) I'd also rather get rid of my basically unused R5 I have because it was a replacement for the black one I talked about as a problem popped up with the firmware that jacked it up on an update. The retrofreak just seems better built and more stable, the only problem being you have to pay up for the right to use original controllers and the NES adapter since it's Famicom native (which is fine mind you, I have over 20 titles for that and just added Panic Restaurant to that list.) Perhaps even if it's just a whipped update of the R5 firmware, perhaps they could find a better way to coax superior full screen and not options due to the GB/GBA constraints on resolution because as it stands now, many GBA games look retched blown up which is a crime so I tend to fall back to the GB Player.

• Like 1

post-9942-0-55347100-1491411369_thumb.jpg

I actually have a TaunTaun sleeping bag. It's great. But that was back when I think they genuinely didn't think they'd get such a response from the public. The iCade was similar, and you can kind of tell because of the sylistic differences between the mockup and the production unit.

I had one of those icade things up until fairly recently as I let me girl mess with it for fun, then being in the way and useless it got put out of its misery. ;) Found it at a flea market 2 years before I moved back here thrown in a pile of useless crap on a tarp for $10 and it got quite a good bit of use. It's a shame you can't get stuff like that quite so well anymore and one that'll take android and ios too as icade was pretty stickler over ignoring my android device.