IGNORED

Atari Party! Your thoughts ...

Yosikuma

Hey there! So, I recently floated the idea with local friends of hosting an Atari get-together, and several stated that they'd be interested.

Have you guys done any Atari get togethers? Are there any games you would recommend for a group of people?

I have a few idea but I'd love to hear from all of you.

• Like 1

Warlords is a given.

When I bust out the Atari with people that have little or no experience with the system, I bust out Beat 'Em And Eat 'Em for the lulz. Pretty much any Mystique games are good in that way...just don't play too much of them, because there's not many other ways that they're any good :P

Aside from that, I usually just let people pick what they want to try. Keep the multiplayer staples handy of course, but when those run their course, just let your friends pick something. You never know what they'll want to play.

Simultaneous multiplayer is where its at. For 4 players you need two sets of paddles. (H) against a game means you would need a Harmony cart

Warlords or Medieval Mayhem(H)

Video Olympics (Quadrapong which is 2 vs 2)

Breakout has 2 vs 2 options

for 1 vs 1

Combat

Surround

Space War

Freeway

Fishing Derby

Fall Down(H)

Tennis (activision)

Maze Craze

Gunfight(H)

Dodge 'em (2 player mode with crash car control)

There are some fun variations in Space Invaders with both players playing at the same time

Demon Attack has a 2 player option where control changes every few seconds - it's a good laugh.

Edited by davyK

• 2 months later...

Hey there! So, I recently floated the idea with local friends of hosting an Atari get-together, and several stated that they'd be interested.

Have you guys done any Atari get togethers? Are there any games you would recommend for a group of people?

I have a few idea but I'd love to hear from all of you.

Where is Peoria? I'd be interested.

I love the idea of this.

As far as what games are a must,

Medieval Mayhem. No doubt about it.

As far as other games, I find that Combat or any two player game is fun when you have 2 or more people, of course. :)

I've tried to do things like this in the past, but where I live, there aren't many people interested in things that I consider to be "fun"...

While I was helping out at the comic & collectables store in town, I ran into a guy who had been doing D&D with the same group of people since they had been in school together. At least once a year they all travel from different stats and meet at his house to play. That's dedication to a game and to your friends. Not many people I know would make a trip like that. :( I'm not talking about single people either, these people all have kids and some even grand children and they bring them along! When I was a kid, it was rare if we even went to visit family if they were more than 30 minutes away!

I wish you the best of luck with the "Atari Party". :-D