IGNORED

If Battlesphere were all that...

Flojomojo

I wonder what the 'preservation plan' is / was? What was the strategy? Could it still be done? Is it completely a moot point? This genuinely interests me, especially as the quoted lifespan for EPROMs is (apparently) 'only' 25 years...

Yes, it's moot. The ROM has already been dumped, since you can find it on some sites. So if those EPROMs ever die of old age, just burn new ones.

As for "You guys created the situation", I honestly and sincerely don't understand. But it was over ten years ago, so who knows...[/font][/color]

I don't remember exactly either. But they used to pretend they would have have kept releasing things if only "bad persons" didn't do "bad things". For Scatologic, "bad things" included, but weren't limited to: selling your BSG copy, merely mentioning emulators or flash carts, pointing out contradictions in their posts, having a non-negative opinion of AtariAge, disagreeing with them on any subject, etc. Basically, if you weren't constantly kissing their feet and chanting "we're not worthy", you were to blame for the non-rerelase of BS, and anything wrong in the world in general.

But fortunately, all of this nonsense and negativity is now far behind us.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 5

I was on JS3 so short, I barely connected 3-4 names to their nick counterparts, before I got banned there. I think I recall now you mentioning him. Is Scott T-Bird ?

My point still stands - a decade ago, I would believe they'd want to do something, as it wasn't very long after they release BS. But after 2 decades ? Now that's a very long stretch. But then again, this is jag arena...

Scott LeGrand is Oppressor. He write the 3D engine. Now works for Nvidia. It's too bad you got banned. And I know you're not big on asking for help but he knows more about 3D on the Jaguar than probably anyone.

It turned out that Battlesphere: The Anticipation Game was more fun than Battlesphere: The Actual Game.

For what it's worth you helped over the waiting time with the FAQ and interviews, so I am glad, you had a good time with the first rendition of the game. I did as well, thanks for that. :-)

Really interesting reading through this and the related threads.

I am not a huge fan of the jaguar, but I do own one and find it has a far more interesting history than a lot of other consoles.

Have to say in all honesty that the guys who developed Battlesphere do come across as a bit precious, arrogant, and a bit dickish.

• Like 1