IGNORED

HSC14 Round 7 Poll - Games not played in the HSC before!

Games not played in HSC before  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Links/Info on post below

• Warlok
    • Jim Slide
    • Fantastic Soccer
    • Spare Change
    • Bomb Fusion

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

A truly different choice for round 7, all games not played here before ;-)

Atarimania has all the info, probably!

Warlock

I spotted this one a while back and it had problems loading other stages so I contacted Fandal who fixed the game and NTSC issues, yes another Atari medal for him :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fandal ATR

warlok.png

Jim Slide

Multi level abbuc game similar to Fandal's own Diamondz. You slide until you hit something solid. Reach the exit or better still collect all the goodies first for more points and earn crowns!

Fandal XEX

Plus there is the new Jim Slide XL here on atariage

jim_slide.png

Fantastic Soccer

We all know EMI Soccer is the best :-D but let's see how this one plays!

Fandal XEX

fantastic_soccer.png

Spare Change

Spotted this one had crept into Atarimania's top 100 and figured someone must think it's good; so let's find out!

Fandal ATR

spare_change.png

Bomb Fusion

Budget Bomb collecting fun, but no sounds if I remember correctly. Probably have another similar game to keep it company.

Fandal XEX

bomb_fusion.png

Edited by therealbountybob
more info

For once in a while I went ahead and not just looked at screenshots and YouTube videos, but also test played some of the games before voting is finished.

Two minutes of Bomb Fusion and I still don't understand how to control the player, just flying around. Perhaps I've got a bad version on my SD card. At least there is a piece of music playing in the background, though no sound effects.

Fantastic Soccer is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. It ranks farily high 6.7/10 on Atarimania, which should say something about how lacklustre the competition is for soccer games. The same game was also released on the C64 with more colours, and the people at Lemon64 rate it 2.5 of 10. While I've never played the C64 version, I can't imagine how much worse it must be than the Atari version if I find this one bad and the C64 version would be thrice as bad. Rather Thorn EMI soccer I think if we're having a round of football in the HSC.

Warlok I didn't manage to run, but perhaps the patched version that I haven't downloaded, will play better. I checked a YT of the C64 version though, and it reminds me of Fort Apocalypse. It might not be a bad thing, but we finished Super Cobra less than two months ago.

Jim Slide might be interesting, but I'm afraid I'll get spastic trying to figure out in which order to slide against the walls to clear the levels. Nice background story though.

Spare Change on a test play was more fun than I thought it would be. It will take some time to figure out the fine details. One note right away: be prepared to have your cameras stand by, as the game only displays your final score for a short while before it gets back to the title screen and won't show it again.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Carlsson...I tried Fantastic Soccer (after I voted for it) and was thoroughly unimpressed...but I did have a go at Spare Change and it's quite fun (and challenging.) If I could rescind my vote, I'd definitely change it to Spare Change.

• Like 3