IGNORED

Retro-gaming emulators no longer permitted on Windows Store

JamesD

Those are valid points. Still, can't you play CDs on something else?

I think the unnecessary regression is what people have an issue with here. If you have a disc drive in a console, it better damn-well do what every other disc drive has done prior to it. The XBOX One can play music CDs, so there's no sense in the PS4 not being able to. Sure, perhaps only a minority of users are going to utilize the function, but there is a group that for one reason or another will. I'll understand the lack of CD playback when disc drives are no longer a thing, but until then, the feature better be there.

• Like 1

I think the unnecessary regression is what people have an issue with here. If you have a disc drive in a console, it better damn-well do what every other disc drive has done prior to it. The XBOX One can play music CDs, so there's no sense in the PS4 not being able to. Sure, perhaps only a minority of users are going to utilize the function, but there is a group that for one reason or another will. I'll understand the lack of CD playback when disc drives are no longer a thing, but until then, the feature better be there.

I've pretty much moved to living in an RV full time, so storage space is pretty limited.

I'm either going to build a PC that does close to everything or buy a console that does close to everything.

I rip my CDs and put them on a networked drive, but I usually do that about 10 disks at a time, not every time I buy a CD.

So, it's kinda nice just to pop a disk in and listen at first.

That would be nice, but.. this is Nintendo we're talking about here. Even if the option was there, it would be gimped in some form or another. ;)

Likely so these days. If only they would stop either being afraid of implementing such a thing, being paranoid with how they often use the DMCA, or (better yet) both.