IGNORED

NES High Score Club 2017 Kid Icarus

roadrunner

The current game for the NES high score club is Kid Icarus

c54999fcd2.jpg

Settings - Default (no continues)

Scoring as Total score

You will have to pay very close attention to track your score! You can see your score only when you pause the game, and after you die you won't be able to see your full score. If I remember correctly, the "Score" is your score for the level you are currently on and the "Total" is the score for all previous levels. You can see your "Total" if you continue after dying, but your "Score" will be lost forever. All that to say: it would probably be a good idea to frequently check and remember your score, so that if you suddenly die you will know what your score was. icon_wink.gif

Deadline to post scores is May 1st 2017 at 12PM EST

Link to manual scan PDF

http://www.vnoteschronicle.com/sites/default/files/games/kid-icarus/graphics/kid-icarus-manual.pdf

Any corrections please post.

Edited by roadrunner

Kid Icarus - 2,400

post-9212-0-43135400-1491891052_thumb.png

Off to a slow start!!! I'd like to remind everyone it's tough to get a screenshot of your score in this game (or even to see it) as you have to press the START button during the game to see the screen with your score on it. If you lose your life, it's too late. So if you sense you're about to die, take a quick look at it and get your screenshot.

• Like 1

Hmmm...I need a ruling on the scoring in this game. It's divided into stages, so as you progress through the first stage you collect points...as in my screenshot in the previous post where I have a score of 2,400, but have not completed the 1st stage of the game.

When you complete a stage, your score is added to the total, but your score is reset to 0 and you then earn points for that next stage of the game. When you finish that, your score is again added to the total.

So, looking at this screen shot below, would my score be 3,500 (which is what I got in the 1st stage), or would I add the 2,000 I've scored thus far in stage two for a score of 5,500?

post-9212-0-15122200-1491942230_thumb.png

Edited by jblenkle
  • Like 1

Hmmm...I need a ruling on the scoring in this game. It's divided into stages, so as you progress through the first stage you collect points...as in my screenshot in the previous post where I have a score of 2,400, but have not completed the 1st stage of the game.

When you complete a stage, your score is added to the total, but your score is reset to 0 and you then earn points for that next stage of the game. When you finish that, your score is again added to the total.

So, looking at this screen shot below, would my score be 3,500 (which is what I got in the 1st stage), or would I add the 2,000 I've scored thus far in stage two for a score of 5,500?

attachicon.gifscore question.png

We'll score it as total score, your score is 5,500

-------

You will have to pay very close attention to track your score! You can see your score only when you pause the game, and after you die you won't be able to see your full score. If I remember correctly, the "Score" is your score for the level you are currently on and the "Total" is the score for all previous levels. You can see your "Total" if you continue after dying, but your "Score" will be lost forever. All that to say: it would probably be a good idea to frequently check and remember your score, so that if you suddenly die you will know what your score was. icon_wink.gif

OK, don't need a screenshot unless it's some insane high score. ;)

Well, that won't happen with this game, but I'm pretty sure I'll need a screenshot for The Punisher. Then again, you're on NA...pretty sure you would've seen my screenshot for it there when they had it for the weekly contest, so you'd know I have the skills :P

• Like 1

post-41089-0-01725300-1493440911_thumb.png

I took a few pictures of my score during this run:

1. At Medusa, before she is killed

2. Right after killing Medusa

3. Stage 1-1 after the credits (The picture posted here)

Medusa was worth around 5,000 points and I think I received more based on the ending I got.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...