IGNORED

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes project

One of this days, in my endless requests for pictures and dimensions of console boxes, one of the videopac.nl members (Rafael, coincidentally another brazilian like me) requested from me to build a box for the never released/ incomplete (for being a Master Strategy game) game The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. The art of what was supposed to look was released along some unfinished art from the board. As the project went along, people showed interest, and developments were made very quickly and with good results.

We started to talk a little more and a little more, until it became a lot more. And the idea to release it officially is being discussed. We started a discussion there about the release and to check if someone else was planning on doing that already, and the idea was to join forces.

I'm here now not to ask anyone for pics and measurements, but to see the real interest people would have and to check if we should green light the project.

I'll quote the text Rafael posted on the other forum and my reply.

Rafael's:

"Hi OdyPacs.

I've been talking to Leonardo recently and we thought maybe people would like to have a complete game instead of a box / board only. Anyway, considering that the owner of the game is René, I talked to him recently to vent such a hypothesis. Years ago Rene and I developed what we believe to be rules compatible with the game, and I had even started the work with the manuals. Sometimes, in order for certain things to happen, it is necessary to "make it happen." From experience we know that sometimes a project is postponed, the thing is allowed to cool down, and in the end, nothing happens. I thought maybe it was time to make this happen, the idea would be for Leo to produce the artwork and send it to the publisher, who would be responsible for the making of the carts and distribution. Leo told me that you can average 3 boxes per day. Other things should still be thought of, for example, each buyer could complete his game with the trays of another strategic game ... Well, the problem I see in everything and how it seems to me to have occurred other times, is that there were already More than one person interested in publishing the game. The goal here is to make Odyssey fans happy and see this happen, if we could reach some sort of consensus would gladly. Finishing, for my part my goal is not to profit or something, as Odyssey lover especially the Strategic Series just want to have the game. If someone else says they're going to produce the game by themselves, it's all okay (I'll order a box from Leo anyway). I just wanted to make things clear and good for everyone.
PS.: If you do not understand the text is the fault of the Google translator."

My reply:

"I second that. And my thoughts are that everybody that had or have plans to publish the game shoul join forces so that it can happen smoothly. I'm pretty new to the scene, practically a baby, and I don't mean to pretend to know how it all works, but I'm 100% in and willing to do my best for it to happen. I already have like 8 prototypes of the box and I think I'm almost getting to the right one. Some minor tweaks and adjustments are being made, and that's the most important and crucial and difficult part of the process. And once I get the box right, it will be easier to build then and the numbers of box per day can go up. I have some thoughts on how to make the board, but am yet to start the project. My focus is entirely on the box for now.If the option would be to each one build one from old boards, I can make some instructions on how to do it (assuming my ideas work).
Anyway, I hope this time we can make it happen and I encourage everyone to give your thoughts and add your ideas and criticism.
Thank you for your time"

And there's been some development on my part about the board, I already found a way to make it. I'll post a picture, but the art is not ready, but you'll get to see how nice is becoming.

And the idea for the tokens/ chips is that we make exclusive ones, that's already in progress.

Anyway, I hope you all give your opinions, suggestions and critics. We want to hear everybody on that matter

Thanks again for your time.

PS- And if someone could explain to me with the pictures from Dropbox appear sideways here, even though they are correct, please do so, and sorry for that

post-50438-0-41237500-1492033692_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-58998600-1492033697_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-68466200-1492033703_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-90921200-1492033751_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-59328000-1492033755_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-74294200-1492033759_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Great idea and fantastic work so far! I will definitely be down for one of these if a small run happens.

There was a solicitation for grammar and spelling corrections in the link, so here goes:

- Programmed to not let any detail escape

- Like all Master Strategy Games, this Bob

- You can play in either one of two teams

- Watson a street beggar

- turning this innovative

- Fun for all family members (or fun for the entire family)

Great idea and fantastic work so far! I will definitely be down for one of these if a small run happens.

There was a solicitation for grammar and spelling corrections in the link, so here goes:

- Programmed to not let any detail escape

- Like all Master Strategy Games, this Bob

- You can play in either one of two teams

- Watson a street beggar

- turning this innovative

- Fun for all family members (or fun for the entire family)

Thanks, we need all the help we can get... Some of the text might even change but I like the idea of people contributing with the grammar and spelling mistakes.

Tried to dive into the game years ago. Got the rom file from René to try and figure out how the game is supposted to be played, since i'm also into board games. The close i got to how the game mechanics would have to work was that it would have to be a crossover of Cluedo and Scotland Yard boardgames.

Tried to dive into the game years ago. Got the rom file from René to try and figure out how the game is supposted to be played, since i'm also into board games. The close i got to how the game mechanics would have to work was that it would have to be a crossover of Cluedo and Scotland Yard boardgames.

I am very excited and interested in the O2 box!

Seob, since the idea is an official release, we're working hard on the instructions for the game, and I was very surprised myself on how deep on the game Rene is. But you summoned it up correctly.

KylJoy,we're glad to know of your interest, we are very excited as well.

Time for a little update. It may not seem now because there's no physical progress of the parts to show. But the box final prototype is almost ready. We're working an the art for the board, working on the instructions, and still waiting for the chips to get done (It may take a little while).
But the work is going full time and as soon we get some pics to show you, we'll show you.
Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello evebody!!! Another update and another interest check! We're way past halftime on the project. We're 99% satisfied with the box, 90% satisfied with the board, the overlays are looking great (we are still choosing the style and button format), the chips are on hold and the instructions are starting to take form. Like I said before there's nothing physical to show, but we're up and running and really excited for the outcome!

The interest check is if there's anybody who would like the Videopac version, so I could adapt the box, the overlay (the odyssey version is much wider) and the instructions manual. Those are easy to adapt.

Thanks again for your time!

Aaaand here I come with another box request...

Since I don't own any videopac master strategy games, I've been researching for some boxes so I can make one of the Sherlock's to look alike, but I can only find the front of the boxes on google, and one from the side. I've noticed that the videopac versions have videopac written on the side, so could any of you nice souls that owns one of the videopac master strategiy games (it can be any game of the three released in any language) send me some pictures of the sides and bottom, it would be very helpful and I would be eternally grateful.

And another idea I had ( and I dont know if its a bold move, I haven't discussed with Rafa, the project leader) is that, when the project is ready and all the text is done, if anyone would like to translate it in their language and send it back to me, I would make the videopac in their own language. I noticed that since the videopac is the european version, there's a lot of different languages released, so I'd be willing to do that per request. We can do that interest check on the pre order. What do you guys think?

And please, please send me the pics.

Thanks again

Hi Leonardo,

Here are photos of the 4 sides of the Dutch Quest for the rings box. The bottom box is just a plain white box with no writing on it.

Dimentions of the top of the box are 26,7cm long, 17,5cm wide, 4,5cm high.

The bottom box is 25,4cm long, 17cm wide, 4,4cm high.

Folded out the bottom so you can see how it is made.

post-5654-0-24229100-1494778539_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-76766500-1494778563_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-54577700-1494778582_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-56178400-1494778608_thumb.jpg

post-5654-0-98512100-1494778634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seob

Hi Leonardo,

Here are photos of the 4 sides of the Dutch Quest for the rings box. The bottom box is just a plain white box with no writing on it.

Dimentions of the top of the box are 26,7cm long, 17,5cm wide, 4,5cm high.

The bottom box is 25,4cm long, 17cm wide, 4,4cm high.

Folded out the bottom so you can see how it is made.

attachicon.gifIMG_0135.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0136.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0137.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0138.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0139.JPG

Thanks Seob, this is beautiful. EXACTLY what I need. I'll get right to it. And I'll try to print and assemble one version this week. Just one more question: how would be "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" in Dutch?

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking. Did you put screenshots on the long sides of the box? Can't see them since you only took a picture of the short side of the box.

Yes, I did. And I forgot to take the pictures of that side of the box. But they got pretty dark, since there's a lot of black space on the screen on the pictures I got. And I don't have the game to try and take some more pictures with more information.

• 3 years later...