IGNORED

Atari System 1 hardware documentation?

Luigi301

I'm looking for scans of documentation for the System 1 arcade board. I have some homebrew software up and running:

C9K5bsdXgAkKGw4.jpg

But I don't have any info on the 6502 program that controls sound, coin acceptance, and the 6522 VIA. The only documentation I have is a 14-page general hardware description retrieved from the offices of Atari's Ireland office and the MAME source. I know there used to be sites with lots of scanned internal documents but I'm not sure where they went...

Edited by Luigi301
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wish I could help you with that... I've always wanted to program the Atari System 1, but my skill level isn't there yet. You might have to make your own sound driver for that thing or try and get in contact with someone who's familiar with MAME's version of the System 1 emulator driver. Until then, here's a few pdf files I have on it including the "Ireland info" minus a couple of pages at the end. Hopefully this will help you in some way.

Good luck.

00000015.pdf

Atari System 1 Information.pdf

Atari System 1 Schematic Package.pdf

Atari System 1.pdf

Atari System1 (TM-277 1st Printing) Operator's & Parts English.pdf

gauntlet_memos.pdf

RoadRunnerOpMan.pdf

Edited by philipj

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Man I think it's awesome to see something like that... The Atari System 1 was a great system; it would've been cool to see it consolized in some way even if it was a stripped down version of the original... I use to think of it as the "7800 that should've been". I have a question. Are you programming actual hardware or emulator only?

Edited by philipj