IGNORED

Known juicers list

ianoid

I get irritated when people buy stuff here or elsewhere and then put it on eBay for a ton more. I'm not talking about small beans buyers, or the occasional flip. I'm talking about the gratuitous exploitation of sellers and buyers. These people tend to engage in market cornering, multiple usernames, and other bad behaviors, but not always. Most are fully trustworthy, if unscrupulous. I don't want to have a list of people who we hate just because we hate them. Rather, this could be a list of people who we can quote when good items pop on the forums and the seller wants it to go to a good home. These people are not a good home. They will often pay heartily for a rare item, but then try to juice the next guy out of a few hundred or a few thousand dollars.

I'd like to have a little proof that you can add as a separate reply, before adding people. I would consider Wiki'ing this if I knew how for anyone to edit. I don't want this to be a flame zone, or a list of unreliables, but it will be tough to avoid. I'm also not saying 'don't buy from these people'. Just know they have a (hopefully proven) history of juicing our community.

If you want to add someone, I'd like to have a kind of vote by quoting going on, so that it's not just one person pushing their agenda. Post suggestions to add to the list as replies, with your examples.

4/13/2017 TCM-alternate aka Troy Saling aka allhallowseve2000 see: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/263594-fs-air-raid-by-men-a-vision-for-atari-2600/page-3

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add eBay user and AA occasional schoolgirlinashortskirt as a victimizer. Does anyone have any specific instances to quote as proof that he belongs on this list?

I think this auction (which is typical of a schoolgirl listing) says a ton. I obviously can't say how much they paid for the item, but I damn sure know that in typical auction, this item would go for less than half the listing price shown here. Especially in the horrible condition it's in. Just yet another example of trying to fleece the buyer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-ZAXXON-ColecoVision-1982-CIB-Complete-in-arcade-box-nes-ADAM-/131879742086?hash=item1eb4a52a86:g:cawAAOSwyKxXg~9i

• Like 1

I think this auction (which is typical of a schoolgirl listing) says a ton. I obviously can't say how much they paid for the item, but I damn sure know that in typical auction, this item would go for less than half the listing price shown here. Especially in the horrible condition it's in. Just yet another example of trying to fleece the buyer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-ZAXXON-ColecoVision-1982-CIB-Complete-in-arcade-box-nes-ADAM-/131879742086?hash=item1eb4a52a86:g:cawAAOSwyKxXg~9i

I totally agree that that price is out of line. Although I probably need a before and after type of example or incident to feel comfortable putting them on this list. Admittedly I am not doing the research myself right now.

I knew I should not have clicked view but I knew you were going to be an ahole in here.

You have some nerve you hypocrite. How about that Atari 2600 lot you just tried to buy in the marketplace?

I have not purchased a single item on here for resale except those cybermorph carts and they were not intended to be for resale.

Do I resell, damn right I do and guess what? The people who sell me stuff KNOW IT.

How am I a piece of shit for selling those cybermorph carts but nobody else is?

Here talk about Al while you are at it!

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1076

If new members here are abusing others scalping this qualifies:

http//atariage.com/forums/topic/264395-nes-classic-mini-discontinued/page-6#entry3750237

...make a friend in the Walmart/Target electronics department. I gave my inside guy at the store $25 per unit that he gave me the heads up on and sat aside (I live two miles from the store). I got 42 that way.

Why don't individuals selling items just ask higher prices as opposed to being angry at others re-selling the carts they offered for double?

The issue is the Atari 2600 cartridge list is so vast and even more so if you count little known variants, international releases, all the unique Brazil carts.....

It is very easy to corner the market on one item if you are truly obsessed about it.

The casual Ebayer will list singles from their collection starting at $1 and do-so until they are all gone. Then they will check back 6 months later and see their same cart sell for $50 or $100.

This is the big mistake of all casual Ebayers that I can see.

If you have the cash, it is very easy to scalp Air Raids, Mangias, Color Bars, Tigervisions, Pandas. (Or any scarce text or Sears variants) Just pick any title that only shows up with sales of < 3 carts per year on Ebay.

Here is why Ebay re-sellers make so much money in my opinion, it has nothing to do with "known juicers". It is all due to poor listing practices of the seller.

1. The casual Ebayer lists their carts @ $1 in a 7 day listings and believes that everyone on Ebay is looking for that title at that specific time. In reality, a hardcore collector may look for say a Sears Orange Text Superman Once.... when they choose to buy it. So the reseller will sit on a title years before they make a profit.

2. The casual Ebayer doesn't know cartridge variants. Listing that Orange Text Sears Superman as a regular Superman and thus burying it in Ebay under the 5,000 other Atari 2600 listings for Superman will net you $5.

3. Refuse to ship internationally. That German Buyer would've paid a pretty penny for that Orange Superman.

4. Not putting the item you are selling in the title or mispell it. Wow I have gotten some great deals because someone didn't put Atari 2600 in the Ebay title.

5. It doesn't take much for a reseller to profit from high priced rare carts. Looking for Air Raid? Well the one you just sold for 1500 is now relisted for 3000, but in reality the seller can accept any offer when he\she makes a decent flip. If you have high priced carts, go directly to the Ebay seller that is selling that cart, they will definitely buy it at a premium just so they can dominate the market and you will make a nice profit. Not only does it dominate the market, it is free advertising that you don't have to pay ebay for. (saving the seller money) Everyone will search for Air Raid and it drives non stop sales to the seller's store for other Atari 2600 items. Lots of resellers price the stuff so high so it doesn't sell on purpose. The individual browsing may send an angry message about how they will never sell the cart, well... they don't want to. It drives sales to the store. duh....

6. Offering carts in trade so a collector will benefit and not listing them for sale yourself. Trades are great as long as both benefit. But if you are unfamiliar with the rarity of your item always ask. Losing money just so some collector with benefit in a trade (ie., I hate resellers), unless you are a millionaire, is just dumb.

My 2 cents.

Just my 2 cents I don't juice anyone. I have people call me and sell me stuff knowing I will resell it because they don't want to deal w/the hassles involved. I'm not the person who buys as many hard to find games off ebay as I can and then relist them for more than they are worth. I do garage sales, thrift stores, craigslist, and since I have a very big contact base from collecting over the years I get first dibs on collections.

I collect first and resell second. I always pinch stuff off for myself. When people contact me on buying stuff I tell them what it is worth and what I will pay and if they choose to sell me it then I buy it. Many times people decide against it and that's fine. I know some people may disagree w/my selling practices on some things especially rarer items but the goal is to maximize what something sells for and honestly any rare item I sell came from my person collection to begin with and I will get the most I can from it.

I fully agree do not sell something so cheap that someone will flip it. If you do that well you have no one to blame but yourself. We all have computers, ebay, and a brain. I call BS when someone says they sold a $200 item for $50 because they wanted to be nice.

I also want to go into this cybermoprh thing again. When someone buys a few thousand of this game in a bulk deal and wants to unload them fast and says they are $1 each plus shipping min order of 50..... who the hell do you think the target buyer is??? Sorry but nobody wants 50 of the same damn game for their collection so Shawn can get off my ass over it.

• Like 2

This is an ugly thread. If you feel someone has priced something higher than you feel it's worth, then DON'T BUY IT. Simple as that. Calling out members here because they are selling something for $37 that is sold in the AtariAge Store for $25 is not warranted. Yeah, a smart eBayer will do a search for "juno first atari" where the first link goes to the AtariAge Store. But selling on eBay is not free and it is time consuming. Someone who casually lists a used game they no longer want (for whatever reason) shouldn't be depicted as a "juicer", whatever the heck that is supposed to be.

Yeah, there are certainly resellers who buy games with the sole intent of flipping them for more. Again, it's a free market, there are no laws against charging as much as you want for something. If you see someone consistently doing this and want to warn others to stay away from the seller because you feel they are taking advantage of people, that's fine, as long as it's done in a civil manner. But going on a witch hunt like I'm seeing here, no, please don't do that.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 13

There's nothing wrong with warning people about others peoples practices. You are correct it is a free market and we also have free speech. We are allowed to discuss this, regardless if a person is educated about current prices or not. Or are you planning on censoring this like you do other threads?

There's nothing wrong with warning people about others peoples practices. You are correct it is a free market and we also have free speech. We are allowed to discuss this, regardless if a person is educated about current prices or not. Or are you planning on censoring this like you do other threads?

This is a privately owned forum, you do not have "free speech" here. Free speech is when the government impinges on your speech. This forum is very lightly moderated relative to many forums on the internet, or Facebook, or anywhere else you feel you have "free speech". Go take your attitude elsewhere.

..Al

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

So is this thread going to be allowed to continue or not then? Are we allowed to talk to others about members sales practices or not?

Not trying to be a jerk here but that is what the user feedback forum is for. I check it before dealing with someone for the first time.

• Like 8

So is this thread going to be allowed to continue or not then? Are we allowed to talk to others about members sales practices or not?

Sure, just don't demonize someone here because they've sold a few things at a higher price than what they paid for it.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 2

What bothers me is when an item is pictured, say a book, and it has thrift-store-pricing of $1.00 marked on it. Then the reseller sells it for $19.95 + S&H. That's almost an instant no-buy for me unless it's been something I've been looking for for years.

Additionally,

Just wanted to get in before the lock: yeah, there are "juicers," and it's why I wish to God eBay would allow comments on auction items.

This is never going to happen because of the exact reasons this thread represents. Ebay doesn't want anyone saying anything bad about an auction. It might reduce bidding, and therefore final value payments. Ebay'd lose money. Ebay would be killing its "naive buyer" profits.

---

..and one more unrelated thing. If I was selling something I wouldn't want ebay to show other competitor items like mine. They do that now, and it would irritate me. On the other hand as a buyer, I like the similar items shown. Give me more choices as a buyer.

In short, don't expect ebay to do anything that might raise criticism toward an item or do anything that might lower final value fees & profit.

---

But I don't really care too much about high prices or complaints or whatever drivel-discussion happens on and around ebay. I just like to keep up with it for the drama and watching to see if it benefits me in any way.

Edited by Keatah

Don't post here much, but Finally!... Al puts an end to the whiners. Just don't buy it, or buy it at a great price before a reseller can sell it. The resellers pull the trigger and take all the risk when they put down big money for stuff. Simple. How bout a list of known whiners?

Edited by Blasgon
  • Like 2