IGNORED

Blank ATR images, SpartaDOS "Unrecognized Diskette Format"

hunter44102

I used the Atari800 emulator to create standard 180K blank disk images on the PC.

I then put those on the SD card for SIO2SD (and connected to my 130XE w/SpartaDOS X cart)

I mounted one of the 180K blanks to D1:

With the SpartaDOS X cartridge, I did a Format command successfully for Double density 180K. "Disk Formatted successfully"

Immediately when I did a DIR, I get "Unrecongized diskette format"

After re-starting the computer however it was able to show blank MAIN directory with 713 free sectors.

After I started copying files from physical disk (D2) to the mounted D1, it copied 2 files and then said "unrecognized disk format"

After this when I do a DIR, it says "unrecognized diskette format" again

did I not initialize the disk properly?

(Note: I am trying to back up my old SpartaDOS based disks to ATR images to preserve them)

Thanks!

I turned off SIO High speed to completely OFF. Still having the issue unfortunately!

Its weird because it says it was successful formatting and writing the directory

Instead of the SIO2SD I connected another physical drive and was able to format a blank and copy the files that way.

So I ruled out the SIO cables or any other weird issues. It looks like an SIO2SD issue.

Could it be a chain issue - I had the SIO2SD set up as D1 but it was connected to the XF551 which was D2

Edited by hunter44102

If there was an image accidentally left in the same slot as another device, that very well can cause any number of errors on access...and even if the devices are correct for you computer has the filter caps pulled from the sio I hope.

Edited by _The Doctor__