IGNORED

Namco Museum Coming to the Switch

Rick Dangerous

That's how I feel reading the last 2 posts. I'll watch some game sites, and if it ever hits a 50% off sale I'd strongly consider it at $15 which is about the top tier what I'd pay for a non-tangible game. Currently waiting for Square-Enix to do a 50% off on FF9 for Android, as $21 can suck it.

• 10 months later...

This is getting a physical release bundled with Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/namco_museum_arcade_pac_is_a_2-in-1_bundle_coming_exclusively_to_switch

And in other compilation news, a Darius collection is on the way for Japan.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/warning_darius_cozmic_collection_is_approaching_switch_fast

• 1 year later...

sorry for necro-bump, but i was curious about this compilation since it's on sale right now for a little over $10 US.

Has anyone picked this compilation up?  Do you think it'll give me my fix for the Namco stuff?  Believe it or not, the last time i picked a Namco compilation set up was maybe my DS or my PS2.

To be honest I haven't played it for a long time but I found it great. There are not a lot of games but the selection is good, even though I would have traded Tower of Druaga for Pole Position - or any other game actually. ^^ There are a lot of options and it is compatible with the Flip Grip. My only regret is that I wasn't able to play Pac-Man Vs. even though there's a free app since it requires two systems (ironically one would have been enough on Wii U); the Switch would detect three controllers but not in game... It was really frustrating since it was Christmas and I wanted to play with my brother, my niece and my nephew. T_T

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

sorry for necro-bump, but i was curious about this compilation since it's on sale right now for a little over $10 US.

Has anyone picked this compilation up?  Do you think it'll give me my fix for the Namco stuff?  Believe it or not, the last time i picked a Namco compilation set up was maybe my DS or my PS2.

It's worth more than $10 for the Rolling Thunder games alone. It comes with other stuff too, and as roots says, works with FlipGrip too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i really dig (ha) Dig Dug, Pac-Man, Galaga/Galaga 88, and for sure Rolling Thunder.  I was never huge on Druaga but I do kinda like SkyKid.  It would've been cool to get Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug II and Mappy, though.

my only real gripe is that by default the playscreens are friggin' tiny.  i ended up zooming my screen to 1.25 so i could see damn thing, lol.  The backgrounds are kind of distracting since i'm not used to it and the gray is awful-looking, but i'm being nit-picky.  it's really fun to play the games on the Switch.

speaking of vertical mode games... I have a tv lying on the coffee table that I lent to my niece that isn't doing anything.  Is there a tv wall mount that you can switch from horizontal to vertical?  I'm thinking of putting it to use and finally docking my Switch!  Would be cool to have the TV in vertical mode for the arcade games and then switch it (pun fully intended!) to horizontal to play some of the other games!  It's a small LCD that's 15 inches I think.  

I like the Namco pac... I prefer the flipped package are though.  My son likes the cartoony stuff... I guess that's what the marketing groups are for!  lol  Some good games but I agree, the content is a little light... perhaps they will come out with a second pac in the future?