IGNORED

Another run of Vic-20 Final Expansion possible

S.D.W.

I spoke with Heather (SkydivinGir) through Amibay and she said she would consider doing another run of the Vic-20 Final Expansion cartridge if enough people were interested. She said she has 5 people on a waiting list but needs 15 total to make it financially doable...

Here is a link to the last offering...

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?87848-Pre-Orders-Final-Expansion-3-Rev-11&highlight=final+expansion

Some info...

• Built-In Menu System.
• A Built-in SD2IEC drive capable of running the latest SD2IEC firmware.
• SD2IEC EEPROM File System (Beta). Allows you to store some files in the SD2IEC without using an SD card. See SD2IEC documentation for usage.
• Diskloader to access files on the SD2IEC from the menu system.
• Battery Backed Real Time Clock (RTC) for accurate Time/Date stamps on SD2IEC.
• 512KB configurable memory expansion.
• 512KB Programmable ROM. Flash your programs to ROM directly from your VIC-20.
• FE3 DOS Wedge with SJLoad (JiffyDOS Compatible Load/Save).
• Dual Reset Buttons – Resets current running configuration or back to menu.

Final Expansion WIKI: http://sleepingelephant.com/denial/w...inal_Expansion
Final Expansion Manual: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~jvaltane/vic20...r%20Manual.pdf

The Final Expansion 3 Rev 11 has the following changes:

• Dual IEC Headers allow you to use standard IEC cables as well as connect other IEC devices to your VIC-20 at the same time.
• IEC cables can still be soldered directly to the PCB in place of the IEC headers if you prefer. Strain relief holes are provided on the PCB to allow for this type of assembly.
• Component changes to allow for easier sourcing of parts and assembly of the kit.
• Tactile switches allow for easier case mounting and removal of the case when replacing the Battery.
• Downloadable 3D case designed by COREi64. (See Below)
• One of three labels to match the case mounting option of your choice: Standard VIC-20 case without IEC Headers (cable directly wired), Standard VIC-20 case with IEC headers (top case cut to accommodate IEC Headers), or COREi64 designed case.
• EEPROM pre-programmed with games by Jeffrey Daniels of the VIC-20 DENIAL Website.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm late to the party... Everything seems to work in my FE3, but not the SD2IEC functions. I thought perhaps I needed firmware on the SD card, but SkyDiverGirl's github has about twenty different firmwares for the SD card function (including, for example, "PetSD" firmware FSR.) So, I'm wondering which is the "right" firmware to put on the SD, if I haven't already fubar'ed it by feeding it the wrong firmware.

So ultimately pressing F3 on the Final Expansion menu does nothing, but everything else seems OK.