IGNORED

Switch - retail game selection

Rev

Have not been into a Target in weeks. I just got back off a vacation to find a big stack of gaming stuff all over the place I just missed out on.

Puyo Tetris, MK8 Deluxe in their own little amazon bubble bags. Still sealed for now, been busy this evening, but on my desk.

And then also 2 boxes all SNK goodies a MVS game and then a handheld with an instantly game only library in there as well. A nice surprise to say the least.

So as it stands my retail selection has jumped to 5 now. (Zelda, Isaac, Setsuna (JP), Puyo and MK8)

I saw the Target display today. They had that Switch tower of power there too along with Lakitu and a banner on the inner door going inside, and outdoors 2 of the target red balls were turned each into Mario and Luigi so that was cool to see. MK8 was nearly gone, Zelda was well picked into, 1-2 Switch rots with most there, Bomberman had a few gone as did Lego and the others.

Got super lucky today, got my 6th Switch game unintentionally by dumb luck. Some probable thief took in Lego City Undercover to half price books, they sold it sealed for $30, had a coupon, and after tax got it for $23! Doubled my game library to 6 physical games today.

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty funny review of 1-2 Switch:

http://videogamecritic.com/switchaz.htm?e=34806#rev4797

Not sure, in retrospect, why this "game" wasn't just included on the system at boot up. Seems silly to have this on a cartridge and charge for it. Nintendo launch companion titles have been getting progressively worse since Wii sports. I thought Nintendoland was a turd also.

A pretty funny review of 1-2 Switch:

http://videogamecritic.com/switchaz.htm?e=34806#rev4797

Not sure, in retrospect, why this "game" wasn't just included on the system at boot up. Seems silly to have this on a cartridge and charge for it. Nintendo launch companion titles have been getting progressively worse since Wii sports. I thought Nintendoland was a turd also.

They've sold almost a million copies of 1-2 Switch since launch. People are obviously willing to pay for it. Why should they include it for free? Nothing wrong with making some money that will keep Nintendo in shape to keep delivering great games into the future.

We got 1-2 Switch as present for the kids. I thought it was overpriced but I've got more than enough enjoyment out of it for the price just watching other people play it. It's a great game when you have friends or family visit. Lots of laughing watching my parents and mother-in-law try to play some of the games.

We got 1-2 Switch as present for the kids. I thought it was overpriced but I've got more than enough enjoyment out of it for the price just watching other people play it. It's a great game when you have friends or family visit. Lots of laughing watching my parents and mother-in-law try to play some of the games.

Watching parents and in-laws playing the masturbating milk simulation mini game....priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad, at least as a former WiiU owner who sold it off in anger to find that solitary post from last February on NintendoLife there has more solid 3rd party and 1st party games known for physical releases coming worth a damn in less than a years time than the WiiU got in 5 years. Combine that with the known sales data and the seemingly odd praise being thrown at it by developers for one reason or another it does almost seem like bizarro world. I for one hope things keep looking good. The only problem is I have to now pick and choose what to enjoy because there's a bit much, odd saying that for Nintendo, usually that's Sony with that problem (and with no question the PC longer than any.)