IGNORED

Bargain Hunters challenging Pat the NES Punk over Atari game prices

thadsilverfox

Loads of Atari VCS games there worth more than a buck. Is this Pat guy some sort of cry baby or one of those YT idiots?

Either way, the answer is "Yes."

When I saw the lot, and the handful of highlights, I realized that this wasn't just some granny hoarder. While I thought his averages on the spotlighted parts of the collection were a bit off, I felt that based on the amount of stuff in there that his esitmate was not far off the mark. While Pat definitely had some good points, I think he was WAY off the mark calling it out without knowing exactly what was there. And based on what I saw in Rene's video, while there's a TON of the $1 games Pat was implying that the lot consisted of, there was enough in the $10-50 range to justify the estimates made. I just wish Rene didn't treat those Game Boy boxes like they were nothing...even common GB boxes are worth a bit if the condition holds up. Seeing them thrown around like that kinda hurts :P

That guy just tosses games around. You'd think he'd take a bit more care handling collectibles.

To him it just someone else's junk that he is going to profit off of. I agree though if he handled and treated his inventory like it was a treasure he could try to legitimately get more for it but he tosses it around like it is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't actually watch the videos and I have no desire to sit through 36 minutes or guys arguing over how much old video games are worth, from the comments I've seen here it's exactly what I would expect from someone calling himself the "NES Punk." Basically the opinion that anything predating the NES is worthless.

Didn't actually watch the videos and I have no desire to sit through 36 minutes or guys arguing over how much old video games are worth, from the comments I've seen here it's exactly what I would expect from someone calling himself the "NES Punk." Basically the opinion that anything predating the NES is worthless.

First video skip to about 3:25

The second video watch the first couple of minutes and you will get the gist of both videos.

I never watched Pat before. He has a cool way of talking, like a radio host. Don't sell Atari short, Pat! Pre-NES is cool, too!

I must say I was actually impressed by him on the podcast. I can't stand his YouTube show though. It may be because it's scripted, but it totally rubs me the wrong way. The podcast he seems much more relaxed, knowledgeable, and was significantly less annoying than anything I'd seen previously. I do hope he answers the challenge though. I think it could be both an interesting watch as well as a learning experience for all parties involved. I'm not sure I want to watch it live (I got shit to do), but I know it'll be making the rounds eventually so I'll definitely be able to catch it. Assuming it goes down of course.

"As you and I know, getting rid of Atari games is one of the hardest things to do."

My guess is that's because Pat does what every other game shop/dealer does. He puts out a big tub full of Combat, Asteroids, Pitfall, Pac-Man and the other common-to-uncommon games that anyone who's been collecting 2600 games for more than a month already owns and, for whatever reason, can't figure out why none of his customers seem interested in buying a sixth copy of Yars' Revenge. Every show I go to there are plenty of people going through the 2600 games, but no one buys anything because the games they want or need aren't there.

• Like 2

I agree with that. Those are titles you definitely want one or two of, just in case someone actually needs them (for example, I still don't have Breakout despite having over 200 titles), but the best way to be rid of them is to make a console bundle. Sure most of the consoles I've come across need some TLC, but if you put a bit of work into it, you can move that deck with 20 commons a LOT easier than those 20 commons will move on their own. While some of them are really tough to move, they are far from impossible. If they're not selling, they're either games that should be bundled due to massive overproduction, or they're priced far too high for the market. I'd spend $1 on a Combat if I needed a label upgrade, but I'd never drop $5 like most games seem to be tagged at locally, because I'd never be able to recoup the expense.