IGNORED

Neo Geo Turf Masters Golf

Rick Dangerous

Neo Turf Master is a great golf game! It will probably be the best golf game on the switch for a loooooong time so i'll probably be playing a lot of it.

Its fun and the control is very intuitive, yet the courses are challenging due to trees, water, and other obstacles. Some observations:

-Its very japanese...lol. I suppose most Neo Geo Games are like this?

-Clearly based on an arcade game, again as I'm sure most Neo Geo games are.. Annoying "two player can't join" flashing in upper left gets old, but other than that nice to be able to add credits with the L button.

-Wish I could input a player 1 name

Looking exploring other game modes, have just been playing the US version so far. Switched the "A" button to A. Not sure why they had that backwards to begin with..

Anyone played two player yet? Big fan of this game so far...using the US golfer. Anyone use another character as their favorite?

I wouldn't call it overkill Japanese, though that pitched ON THE GREEN! qualifies enough on its own.

Yes a lot of SNK games for the Neo-Geo do have those various odd bits of english audio, usually blown translations lovingly called ENGRISH or SNKGRISH too.

There's nothing 'based on' with it at all, I guess you don't get HAMSTER is making coin-op conversions. That *IS* the Neo Turf Masters arcade game. If it lacks a credit feature it's because they're booting the BIOS up in AES (Neo Geo home console) mode is why.

The US golfer is the best one in the game with a slightly above average quality to the character overall. Others tend to lack in something and be damn good in another so if you're style of play is better in some respect and sucks in another it can help improve your scores, so it does matter.

If it wasn't for Nintendo (black box) Golf and later NES Tournament Golf setting the general rules to come, and then Hot Shots stupidly getting most the undeserved credit for that, this game would be the one known for the standard barer of the common 3 tap of the button golf swing mechanic for swing-power-slice/hook(or not) as the ball carries and how far.

I don't think I've ever seen you in the Neo Geo thread, but I'm actually big on this game, very much so. It's the only full blown arcade kit I willingly sought out and bought for my 2 slot Neo Geo arcade cabinet. I do have a second, but it was a eye popping surprise off ebay on that one that wasn't listed as such :P

For a Nintendo fan who knows Mario Golf, the game plays like that, just without all the mushroom kingdom goofiness around or the RPG mechanics and mini games of the portable version.

• Like 1

It's not advertised in the game, but you can add spin to the ball after selecting power by holding up or down while selecting high/nice/low

Great tip, that will come in super handy for getting some more distance out of shots or stopping balls on the green.

So there is one copy of this game on eBay for the Neo Geo Aes and it's listed for 20k. LOL. Guess I will only ever play this on my switch..

Great tip, that will come in super handy for getting some more distance out of shots or stopping balls on the green.

So there is one copy of this game on eBay for the Neo Geo Aes and it's listed for 20k. LOL. Guess I will only ever play this on my switch..

MVS carts of it are under 80 bucks. The Neo Geo CD version has an extra course.

The AES version is that much due to flippers and a mix of reality. It was the last or one of the few (fingers on a hand counting) remaining US released titles right along with Metal Slug. It gets disgusting amounts of confirmed payouts into the 4 figure realm I believe even loose in good shape, but when you start figuring shock boxes and manuals, let alone something barely used or worse NEW-- it's a shark tank for the rich and famous.

The AES and MVS games are identical. They just have a different set or 2 board pinouts. If you're stuck with an AES look into a MVS convertor. They're probably going to run you I think $100 or so, but when you can buy a NTM for $80 as he said above, plus that adapter, you're pennies to the dollar against the AES release.

THis also is out on Android and IOS and has some added little fun bits to it as well, very worth it, and no loss using touch controls since it's not an 'active' game like a Metal Slug or a Blazing Star.

Good on all of you enjoying this gem. It's a shame it's not better known until recent days with it popping up on the cheap on Android, iOS, and now HAMSTER releases on Switch, PS4 etc. People will probably think it's just ripping off Mario Golf or stupid Hot Shots, but this one came first and did it better as they aped it.

• Like 1