IGNORED

Everdrive question

bikeguychicago

You would not need the power base converter but it also will not work with the 32X attachment or the Nomad without modification.

Wait! I thought the Genesis/MD EDs could play 32x roms as well as SMS and standard Gen/MD roms? How can it work with 32x roms but still require a modification to work through the 32x? I don't think I've seen that mentioned anywhere before? I don't know personally because I haven't picked up an ED for my Genesis....yet. Was thinking about a v5...but the extra rom capacity for single games on the v7 is enticing as well.

Wait! I thought the Genesis/MD EDs could play 32x roms as well as SMS and standard Gen/MD roms? How can it work with 32x roms but still require a modification to work through the 32x? I don't think I've seen that mentioned anywhere before? I don't know personally because I haven't picked up an ED for my Genesis....yet. Was thinking about a v5...but the extra rom capacity for single games on the v7 is enticing as well.

from the Everdrive MD manual -

Q: Can I play Master System games with the 32X add-on connected? A: No. 5
You can load and play 32X games using the Everdrive plugged into the 32x add-0n to your Genesis but to play the SMS roms you need to plug the Everdrive directly into the Genesis. Here is link to manual :
Everdrive MD v2
EverdriveMD v3

I know that's why I asked.

No one cares about F-16 Fighting Falcon

Except ME... the guy who not only loves Swordquest.... but gets a rager for F-16 Fighting Falcon.

Seriously though... I do enjoy it. I kinda forced myself to after wanting it so bad because the catalog pic made it look awesome.

And come on... throw in the whatever chip... Sega didn't bother with the Power Base Converter but you could Right that wrong!

Seriously though I'm being sarcastic.

Except for liking F-16 Fighting Falcon and Swordquest.

One doesn't joke about that.

Edited by Torr

I know that's why I asked.

No one cares about F-16 Fighting Falcon

Except ME... the guy who not only loves Swordquest.... but gets a rager for F-16 Fighting Falcon.

Seriously though... I do enjoy it. I kinda forced myself to after wanting it so bad because the catalog pic made it look awesome.

And come on... throw in the whatever chip... Sega didn't bother with the Power Base Converter but you could Right that wrong!

Seriously though I'm being sarcastic.

Except for liking F-16 Fighting Falcon and Swordquest.

One doesn't joke about that.

Right what about the 3d Glasses?

from the Everdrive MD manual -

Q: Can I play Master System games with the 32X add-on connected? A: No. 5
You can load and play 32X games using the Everdrive plugged into the 32x add-0n to your Genesis but to play the SMS roms you need to plug the Everdrive directly into the Genesis. Here is link to manual :
Everdrive MD v2
EverdriveMD v3

I knew there was a resource out there somewhere on this I just could not recall where so thanks for that.

OK. Completely serious now.

Since the Genesis Everdrive has no card slot, that obviosuly means hooking up 3D glasses is out. However...

If you had any 3-D game and a Master System, load up that game and the glasses will begin to flicker. Now load up the SMS ROM on the Everdrive, and with a few tries you're bound to get them in sync right?

Also... does the SMS Everdrive support F-16? Beause that should mean it supports the old SG-1000 library making it kinda handy to have as well as the Genny Everdrive.

Holy cow... I think I need to get an SMS Everdrive.

A little digging around and I've learned that not only can it play SG-1000 ROMs, but they are modifying MSX ROMs to run on on it... just have to hack memory mappers.

(The SG-1000, Colecovision, and MSX were all VERY similar, and the SMS was built with backwards compatibility for the SG-1000, but F-16 Fighting Falcon was the only game to ever "take advantage" of that.)

Edited by Torr

As a previous owner of the master everdrive, it is a fantastic deal. You get master system, sg 1000, and card game compatibility too. Also you can see what the hubbub was all about with the Europe and Brazilian (sp) games.

bubble bobble is good, so is master of darkness, the game gear to master system ports of mortal kombat 1 and 2

Also road rash for master system and Jurassic park really push the master system to its limits

Stay far away from Mortal Kombat 3 and Street Fighter 2 for master system, both are pretty unplayable... its more than lazy programming and cheeto dust

Also look for golden axe warrior and sonic the hedgehog 1 and 2 for master system, you'll have a great time!