IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Hate on me but seriously anyone who wants one should have been able to get one. I went to Target at 7:50 and was handed number 17 of 45 , when I left they still had probably 20 or so. I then drove to another Target and got there at 8:30 and when I left they were still selling them. They had 70 and probably still had 15 or so. At 10 TRU opens so if you missed the midnight wal-mart, 8:00 Target, Best Buy, and so on, you can go to TRU and get one, obviously there will be short lines.

• Like 1

Meh don't be scalping people sheesh. There's plenty out there and more will be coming in short order and not likely in a trickle but a flow through the year and into the next since they bumped up production twice and decided to run it to some rate well into 2018 when the NES pops up again too.

I got one at Walmart 6 of 22 at the one up the street from here. Ended up sitting around for 4 hours, the last of them were taken about 90min before if that. NO numbers, no organization just a headcount and check out at midnight. Got home and was able to get it hooked up, did Wolrd 1-2 and Yellow switch in SMW, then into Starfox just for 1-1 and saved that, to then get into Starfox 2 which I cleared on normal. It's basically the same as the released ROM other than the charged seeking shot is removed and well the little different font/translation to the script and the title screen image is a little changed as well. They're not lying it's different but it's a stretch calling it different too because if you opt to not use the charged shot in the existing game you're playing the final.

• Like 3

SNES Classic...Acquired! I got to my Target at about 8:05 (they open at 8:00 and there were a bunch of middle aged dudes that looked like me leaving with little bags in their hands, I thought I missed out!) There was a line, but I got ticket #34 and they had 44 total. By the time the line cleared, with a few people having lined up after me, they still had "a few" left and I heard them taking calls saying they did have some left to sell. So maybe this won't be as hard to get as the NES... Or maybe we all just got lucky who got one early today. Nice of them to release it on a weekday (that I just happened to have off for vacation :) ). I'm also glad I didn't have to fight a rabid raccoon to get one or something, 'cause it wasn't worth insane extra efforts to get for me personally.

Also I have to say, they were organized and well prepped at my Target. They had two cashiers moving the line through, and one usher with the tickets, very smooth. Good retail biz today, Target. :)

Edited by Curious Sofa
  • Like 1

Wilmington, Delaware - Prices Corner Walmart @ 7:15 AM.

I was able to get one!! They had around 40+. I picked up one for myself and one for my manager.

I feel extremely fortunate that I did not even have to wait in line. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

They were handing them out in the customer pick-up area in electronics.

Edited by Oldschool80skid
  • Like 1

Was funny as the 2 people directly behind me, (one dude w/ hat, and a middle aged guy with a european accent) were basically talking about their hopes for "selling". The euro guy outright said he doesn't keep them and is looking to sell any he could get his hands on. The hat guy said he wants one for himself but wants to get more and his plan is holding onto them until after Thanksgiving and he hopes to sell them for $280. I personally can't really begrudge them for that,.. wish them luck. :P

Edited by NE146

Was funny as the 2 people directly behind me, (one dude w/ hat, and a middle aged guy with a european accent) were basically talking about their hopes for "selling". The euro guy outright said he doesn't keep them and is looking to sell any he could get his hands on. The hat guy said he wants one for himself but wants to get more and his plan is holding onto them until after Thanksgiving and he hopes to sell them for $280. I personally can't really begrudge them for that,.. wish them luck. :P

I wish their armpits to be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

• Like 6

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen. Nintendo seems really gung-ho to produce as many SNES Classic Editions as they can and keep producing them well into 2018. If I had to speculate I'd say that the price of $160 + shipping that they're going for on eBay right now is about as high as they're going to get, which is actually what I just sold mine for a few minutes ago.

Now before anyone jumps on me for being a scalper, consider this: After tax I paid $86 for the SNES Classic Edition when I bought it, and though I did sell it for $160 I will have to pay 10% of the sale value in eBay fees (so $16 there) and it cost me $3.50 in bus fare to get to Target and back. That makes my final profits on the sale $54.50. Now consider that to get this SNES Classic Edition I had to get up at 3:00 AM, go spend a whole lot of time outside in 45°F weather, and didn't get back home until 10:00 AM.

Do you think $54.50 is a fair wage for doing 7 hours of work out in the cold? That is well below minimum wage in most US states, so I feel pretty alright about it ethically speaking. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

So, what's the first game everyone is playing? Me, I went with Super Punch-Out. I had not played that game in seriously 20 years. Not as fun as NES Punch-out, but still great. I then proceeded to do some single-player SF Turbo and went through it all with Sagat.

Edited by SumerNivek
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen. Nintendo seems really gung-ho to produce as many SNES Classic Editions as they can and keep producing them well into 2018. If I had to speculate I'd say that the price of $160 + shipping that they're going for on eBay right now is about as high as they're going to get, which is actually what I just sold mine for a few minutes ago.

Now before anyone jumps on me for being a scalper, consider this: After tax I paid $86 for the SNES Classic Edition when I bought it, and though I did sell it for $160 I will have to pay 10% of the sale value in eBay fees (so $16 there) and it cost me $3.50 in bus fare to get to Target and back. That makes my final profits on the sale $54.50. Now consider that to get this SNES Classic Edition I had to get up at 3:00 AM, go spend a whole lot of time outside in 45°F weather, and didn't get back home until 10:00 AM.

Do you think $54.50 is a fair wage for doing 7 hours of work out in the cold? That is well below minimum wage in most US states, so I feel pretty alright about it ethically speaking. :)

Then what was the point?

• Like 1

So, what's the first game everyone is playing? Me, I went with Super Punch-Out. I had not played that game in seriously 20 years. Not as fun as NES Punch-out, but still great. I then proceeded to do some single-player SF Turbo and went through it all with Sagat.

Playing? lol.. I've played 99% of every game on this thing to death (e.g. the only people who could beat Super Punchout faster than me were the crazy speedrunners. :lol:). No.. I'm just glad I have the thing. I might break it out of the box this weekend to check it out though. :)

-----------------------------

Anyway check this pic out:

22137121_10210387765594090_5759675777066

That's awesome there are so many SNES classics out there! That gives everyone a chance to try scalping who were denied that opportunity before :)

Edited by NE146
  • Like 3

Then what was the point?

The point was that an it was an opportunity to make $54.50, and income opportunities like that are few and far between when you're on permanent disability and will never be able to work again. Disability funds pay the bills but they don't leave much leftover for anything else.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see that people that want them are actually getting these! Hopefully they can maintain production throughout the holidays. I caved and built a Retropie over the last couple weeks (I am definitely the guy in the above article :lol: ) because I didn't want to have to punch and kick my way into buying a SNES Classic, but it's looking like it's not an issue getting them so far.

I wonder if the controllers work on the Wii?

• Like 1

I ended up with 4, got to TRU about 9:52 and was handed number 36 of 42. By 10:00 they were basically all accounted for. $160 already LMAO. This will be well over $200 by xmas, we all know damn well Nintendo will not release anymore before next year.

Told you so.

Good for you. I was hoping you would get stuck with them, unsold, like the pumpkins Homer Simpson held onto unto Christmas, you toy-hoarding, cartridge-reproducing, potty-mouthed scalping son of a mushroom.
  • Like 6