IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

I'm really digging this one more than the NES, better variety and more compelling stuff, but not so much of it is quite pick up and fast play as the arcade feeling pile on the NES system so it's a nice compliment.

That's actually the reason I dont feel compeled to SNES, its always this grand epic opus that takes time, which I dont have, I can still to this day have fun on SMB, and still to this day spend way too much time figuring out that stupid ass map on SMW

I do figure it out but yea its not slap in a game and kill some shit, its slap in a game and it has text box popup's for the next 20 screens ... different topic (mini rant, really you want me to mash buttons till I figure out the map screen then give me a pop up saying I can jump on shit to kill it, thanks nintendo ... dickheads)

Got mine today! The Australian version looks different to the US version as expected. Pretty happy with it so far apart from the default graphics settings. Changing display options to CRT Filter mode really improves how good it looks on a large flat wide screen TV.

post-54616-0-44219800-1506748856_thumb.jpg

Did a quick unboxing and initial play blog post here for anyone who may be interested - https://www.igorkromin.net/index.php/2017/09/30/australian-release-snes-mini-classic-unboxing-and-a-quick-play-through/

• Like 2

I'm curious to know if the controller lag issue (that was reported in the NES Mini) has been fixed in the Super-NES Mini.

Anyone care to comment about that? :)

Bump. :)

EDIT: I just checked 4 or 5 reviews of the Super-NES Mini on YouTube, and none of them make any mention of lag issues on the controllers, so I guess there is no such issue here.

As suspected, I wasn't able to get one of these in my province (there were probably only 300 sent to the entire province) :( So my request still stands; if anyone has an extra one, or can get an extra one, I would appreciate a contribution to the Stella project for one of these. I can pay you for it; I just need access to one.

you had to put forth effort to potentially make,a tiny amount in the grand scheme of things, money, I am so sorry for that, do you need a hug and a backrub for all your hard work?

worlds-smallest-violin-gif-4.gif

The real victims here are his kids, who got dragged all over the goddamn place so daddy can make a piddly amount of profit.

When Nintendo gives unlimited pre-orders and keeps their stuff stocked at all times, that is when people will not buy to resell. There was no way in hell this was not going to be under produced. Granted it was produced more than the nes one but even if people didn't buy to resell the demand would not have been met and prices would still be where they are.

It's one thing to be a scalper. It's another to keep bringing it up, so that people get upset, so that you can defend yourself and talk about how you're just a poor soul trying to cut a living. The self-righteousness is nauseating. Of course, it's always someone else's fault.

Edited by TPA5
  • Like 3

The real victims here are his kids, who got dragged all over the goddamn place so daddy can make a piddly amount of profit.

Now you're just being a jerk. Why is what anyone does in their spare time to legally make money such an offense to you that you have to talk down to and belittle them? And what universe do you live in where $200 is a piddly amount of money? He did get 4 of them after all, and assuming he makes $50 in profit on each that would add up to be $200. If you consider that piddly then, well... all I can say is that we should all be so financially privileged as you.

• Like 2

Now you're just being a jerk. Why is what anyone does in their spare time to legally make money such an offense to you that you have to talk down to and belittle them? And what universe do you live in where $200 is a piddly amount of money? He did get 4 of them after all, and assuming he makes $50 in profit on each that would add up to be $200. If you consider that piddly then, well... all I can say is that we should all be so financially privileged as you.

Why is what I think so offensive to you? I didn't see you saying anything to iceman when he belittled Tanooki in the other SNES Classic thread. He's the resident authority on belittling. So, does it only count as being a jerk if it regards something you also do?

Do whatever the fuck you want man. What you think of me, doesn't matter to me or offend me. And really, what I think shouldn't matter to you. Buy 'em up, sell 'em off, make $200. But I can disagree with it, just like you disagree with the fact that I disagree with it. The whole world isn't your safe space where you're immune to interacting with people who don't like what you do.

• Like 3

Why is what I think so offensive to you? I didn't see you saying anything to iceman when he belittled Tanooki in the other SNES Classic thread. He's the resident authority on belittling. So, does it only count as being a jerk if it regards something you also do?

Do whatever the fuck you want man. What you think of me, doesn't matter to me or offend me. And really, what I think shouldn't matter to you. Buy 'em up, sell 'em off, make $200. But I can disagree with it, just like you disagree with the fact that I disagree with it. The whole world isn't your safe space where you're immune to interacting with people who don't like what you do.

That was a very fair and measured response. I can live with that and will go back to minding my own business now.

That was a very fair and measured response. I can live with that and will go back to minding my own business now.

You know what, you did make a point. I didn't have to resort to a personal jab in my earlier post, and that was an inappropriate. If I expect others to be mature, I need to respond in a mature manner myself. My apologies for the personal jab; I stand by my opinions but freely admit that insulting someone isn't the way to go about a disagreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You know what, you did make a point. I didn't have to resort to a personal jab in my earlier post, and that was an inappropriate. If I expect others to be mature, I need to respond in a mature manner myself. My apologies for the personal jab; I stand by my opinions but freely admit that insulting someone isn't the way to go about a disagreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, don't worry about it. I really shouldn't have been so belligerent either. I know it can be really difficult to restrain yourself sometimes when someone is really annoying you, especially when it's on a forum and not a real life face to face conversation. Anyway, I'm going to bail on this thread now so the people who did pick up a SNES Classic to play can get back to discussing the system and games without interpersonal drama muddling up the conversation. :)

• Like 2

Do you think $54.50 is a fair wage for doing 7 hours of work out in the cold? That is well below minimum wage in most US states, so I feel pretty alright about it ethically speaking. :)

Jin I am disappointed. To be fair though, it is yours to do as you wish and I hope you reinvest the profits into something nice.

Oh and 45 degrees? It is still upper 80s to lower 90s every afternoon here. Finally though we are catching a break and afternoons are pleasant for bicycle riding once again...

Stars were still out when I started waiting outside target. Air felt nice until the sun came out. And I was fist in line getting there ariund 545. More people didn't start showing up until 730.

I called in as planned around 740 with "car troubles." At time of opening they had 30 minis and about mid teens of people in line. We made it back to the electronics in an orderly fashion. I checked out and drove to work. However before I left the parking lot I couldn't help but notice the line that formed in front of Best Buy. I opened the sun roof of my car waiving the SNES Mini in the air while slowly coasting by, honking my horn once or twice to make sure they noticed. Arrived at work about 815 and clocked in. My supervisor got the memo about being a couple minutes late so no "points" were taken off. Only two of my coworkers know I got the snes mini and they are sworn to secrecy. I had to really try hard not to gloat all day about my loot. :cool:

After work it was off to join a group of cyclists Friday evening so it was after 9 when I got home. No chance to post until now.

• Like 2

No personal jab to me. My boys love going out and about to stores. I'm the one who has to deal with keeping them under control. I assure you they had no problems waiting in line at 2 targets and a TRU when after words they got to go though TRU and get new toys they have been playing with since we got home.

I just waited in line for 2 and 1/2 hours so they could spend 30 seconds to see Daniel Tiger. My kids are no victims by any means. Shall I redirect you to my basement. Yeah they suffer greatly.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245499-what-do-you-think-this-is-worth-kids-indoor-play-gym/?hl=+play +gym

you had to put forth effort to potentially make,a tiny amount in the grand scheme of things, money, I am so sorry for that, do you need a hug and a backrub for all your hard work?
worlds-smallest-violin-gif-4.gif

What's worse is that he mentioned that a "buddy" requested one. Cold, man. Plastic components taking precedence over humanity/decency.

post-61233-0-78639100-1506814494_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

So, what's the first game everyone is playing? Me, I went with Super Punch-Out. I had not played that game in seriously 20 years. Not as fun as NES Punch-out, but still great. I then proceeded to do some single-player SF Turbo and went through it all with Sagat.

I got my first crack at the SNES Mini this afternoon. First play was Super Mario RPG. I have been a longtime fan of the game, but sadly my old save file on my SNES copy erased after I was knocking the door to Smitty's Castle. I had unlocked the pathway to Crulex too and was planning on tackling him after Smitty. Sadly in 2012 I shelved the cart, and by 2015 my save was erased... :sad:

Good news I get to start a new replay and it really is an excellent game. I played to Mushroom Kingdom and saved before I entered the great hall. Next up I played some Yoshi's Island, beat the first stage, then onto Super Mario World, got the Switch palace and beat Iggy in Castle #1. Not sure which path I will take from there. Probably the long route instead of the star road. Next up was Kirby Super Star, played through the first mode where the snacks got stolen from Dreamland. Only seven stages to beat the game? I expected more LOL. Also Dedede was a pushover spamming him the bomb ability, but very difficult if you approach him unarmed. Too bad Dreamland 3 wasn't included as that game is hard to find unless you import a Japanese copy. Next onto Zelda Link to the Past, rescued Xelda and exit the castle. From there some Donkey Kong Country, beat the first stage easily, then died stupidly in the rainy stage. I didn't get to the save station regrettably. Tried and failed to unlock the first stage of Starfox to unlock Starfox 2, but I was getting tired at this point so I turned it off. I also tried Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting. Not quite as good as the ports I have for Genesis, PCe, and Switch, but oh well. I'm glad they included something.

What's worse is that he mentioned that a "buddy" requested one. Cold, man. Plastic components taking precedence over humanity/decency.

Yes this buddy really has no money for this item even at retail to be honest. He has been selling his collection for the last year. I don't want to sell it to him at all because I know he should not be spending his money on stuff such as this. He even offered me $160, which I am not going to take. I might take $160 from someone else but not someone I know shouldn't spending their money on toys.

I didn't think bad of him when he text me about getting an nes Indian Jones and the last crusade ubisoft last week for $20 at Goodwill. I was going to buy it but decided not to at the "friend" price of $80 which I had to barter down from $90.

I don't expect anybody to give me something for half it's going rate and I don't hate people for getting deals. FYI I bought 4 of these and have yet to decide how many I am selling. I wanted at least 2 for myself anyhow. I could care less if I sell them to be honest. I have bigger plans for these than simply flipping them.

My real intent is to mod these w/ a simple 30 minute drag and drop any smo could do and get more like $400+. You need to give me a little more credit here lol. I learn from past market experiences and I know how to capitalize the most off of stuff.

You see me as a scalper yet I have never scalped anything. I resell used games but that is not scalping. Once I mod these and sell them they will not be scalped, they will be modded. Yes I fully intend to benefit from OTHER people jacking the value of these up but I do not make people pay these prices. I simply have a good idea of what the outcome will be and I am taking advantage of it this time.

• Like 2