IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Why is what I think so offensive to you? I didn't see you saying anything to iceman when he belittled Tanooki in the other SNES Classic thread. He's the resident authority on belittling. So, does it only count as being a jerk if it regards something you also do?

Do whatever the fuck you want man. What you think of me, doesn't matter to me or offend me. And really, what I think shouldn't matter to you. Buy 'em up, sell 'em off, make $200. But I can disagree with it, just like you disagree with the fact that I disagree with it. The whole world isn't your safe space where you're immune to interacting with people who don't like what you do.

Not only that, for some blistering one sided annoying unexplained reason I got thread banned on that one despite the fact I wasn't the troll. I'm glad that thread died off and this one is going on. He's offended because he did it too and both of you got a little personal which you both sorted out there earlier. When you scalp and make it a public badge of discussion, you're kind of asking for it whether you did it 1, 5, 10 or more times. Sure $50-70~ after ebay fees isn't a pittance, but in icemans case whether they kids like it or not saying that having them along made it like a job and earning them isn't cool either.

Exactly the internet isn't someones personal safe space, it's fine to entirely hate a situation and not agree in a discussion as long as it doesn't get out of control. Better to part and not continue hammering the scalping for attention into the ground as much as going on and on about disliking or liking it as it won't change anything.

Look I know he has me on ignore, but the old NES era stuff he did gloat like hell over flipping some of the NES stuff. Yet here we have him saying he's keeping probably all 4 then right after goes into explaining taking advantage of laziness to 'mod' them with a game library then to sell them but somehow that's not scalping because more games were added. Kind of splitting hairs to cover your tracks, but whatever. Hell it's his money do whatever you want and if a fool pays it that's their loss. I've been tempted to get another to put a SNES library on it, or at the least another for my daughter like I did for the NES Classic.

• Like 1

Hey about the actual system here. Anyone noticing anything different than the original cartridge games? Maybe I'm not remembering right but I thought my old Star Fox cart allowed me to shoot at peoples names during the rolling credits which then years later Smash Bros aped. The mini console here doesn't let you do that.

Also I found it interesting that SF2T had cheering crowds when you finished a round on there (win or lose) as I never had that game as I just bought the original.

I managed to get a system the other day on my way back from work. I was so happy. I could not believe my luck. So to celebrate I ran it over with my car and tossed the smashed remains on a fire. After it was all done I was upset with myself. I could have sold the box on eBay.

Being serious now, I MAY pick one up for if new stock comes if there will be a next time. My niece likes Sonic the Hedgehog, so if the AtGames HDMI Genesis is decent enough I might just get that instead or a real one.

• Like 1

Hey about the actual system here. Anyone noticing anything different than the original cartridge games? Maybe I'm not remembering right but I thought my old Star Fox cart allowed me to shoot at peoples names during the rolling credits which then years later Smash Bros aped. The mini console here doesn't let you do that.

That only happens to some extent if you "win at the slots".

Yes this buddy really has no money for this item even at retail to be honest. He has been selling his collection for the last year. I don't want to sell it to him at all because I know he should not be spending his money on stuff such as this. He even offered me $160, which I am not going to take. I might take $160 from someone else but not someone I know shouldn't spending their money on toys.

I didn't think bad of him when he text me about getting an nes Indian Jones and the last crusade ubisoft last week for $20 at Goodwill. I was going to buy it but decided not to at the "friend" price of $80 which I had to barter down from $90.

I don't expect anybody to give me something for half it's going rate and I don't hate people for getting deals. FYI I bought 4 of these and have yet to decide how many I am selling. I wanted at least 2 for myself anyhow. I could care less if I sell them to be honest. I have bigger plans for these than simply flipping them.

My real intent is to mod these w/ a simple 30 minute drag and drop any smo could do and get more like $400+. You need to give me a little more credit here lol. I learn from past market experiences and I know how to capitalize the most off of stuff.

You see me as a scalper yet I have never scalped anything. I resell used games but that is not scalping. Once I mod these and sell them they will not be scalped, they will be modded. Yes I fully intend to benefit from OTHER people jacking the value of these up but I do not make people pay these prices. I simply have a good idea of what the outcome will be and I am taking advantage of it this time.

So not only are you ripping people off but you are adding bootleg ROMs to the devices for resale, which was illegal last I checked.

I get the scalper thing but these asshats selling modded consoles on eBay are going to eventually be found in the wild with all sorts of crap on them and people thinking they are getting an original may be disappointed to find something other than what they expected. Quantity does not equal quality. If I walk into a thrift shop five years from now and pick up a Classic Mini console (any flavor) for $20, am I getting the original stock, or one with 700+ crappy bootleg games added?

I don't get it. If people are buying these to mod and install 3rd party emulators, why not just get a PI3 with a retro-themed enclosure? :roll:

• Like 1

Yes this buddy really has no money for this item even at retail to be honest. He has been selling his collection for the last year. I don't want to sell it to him at all because I know he should not be spending his money on stuff such as this. He even offered me $160, which I am not going to take. I might take $160 from someone else but not someone I know shouldn't spending their money on toys.

Wait, what? So instead of selling it a lower price like retail, or just gifting it to him because he's a friend, you're going to help him by allowing him to get it from someone else at a higher than retail price? If he wants one and is willing to spend $160, then isn't that what's going to happen? I'm not trying to be mean, it just doesn't make sense to me. Edited by xenomorpher
  • Like 2

Wait, what? So instead of selling it a lower price like retail, or just gifting it to him because he's a friend, you're going to help him by allowing him to get it from someone else at a higher than retail price? If he wants one and is willing to spend $160, then isn't that what's going to happen? I'm not trying to be mean, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah his buddy couldn't afford it at $80; now he can afford it for $160. Either Friday was payday, or he's terrible at math. I wouldn't credit anything Iceman says anymore. This summed it up nicely.

funny-pictures-with-captions-1.jpg

So not only are you ripping people off

I'm not ripping anybody off. People KNOW what these retail for and if they are willing to pay more that is up to them.

So not only are you ripping people off but you are adding bootleg ROMs to the devices for resale, which was illegal last I checked.

I get the scalper thing but these asshats selling modded consoles on eBay are going to eventually be found in the wild with all sorts of crap on them and people thinking they are getting an original may be disappointed to find something other than what they expected.

You're funny. I'm sure they would not mind finding a system that has been upgraded and is worth more than an original. If they are that bummed they can always resell it to bank profits and buy an unmodded one.

However lets get disappointed about buying something used at a Thrift store or yard sale. Good job, keep making these outstanding concerns.

Wait, what? So instead of selling it a lower price like retail, or just gifting it to him because he's a friend, you're going to help him by allowing him to get it from someone else at a higher than retail price? If he wants one and is willing to spend $160, then isn't that what's going to happen? I'm not trying to be mean, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Let me rephrase this for you. He is a person I have never hung out with. I trade or buy from him once or twice a year. It's not like we are best buds. He is more of an acquaintance. I called him a buddy not a close friend. Just because he said he would pay $160 does not mean he will. I literally texted him telling him he could buy one for $140 an hour after he offered $160 yet he did not buy it.

Just because he said he would pay $160 does not mean he will.

Yeah his buddy couldn't afford it at $80; now he can afford it for $160. Either Friday was payday, or he's terrible at math. I wouldn't credit anything Iceman says anymore. This summed it up nicely.

I said:

"Yes this buddy really has no money for this item even at retail to be honest."

I never said he could not afford $80 or $160 or $500. I have no idea how much money he has. I do know he has been selling his collection to pay for medical bills and a new house he is getting. So I stand by my statement.

You should stop putting words in my mouth and learn to read! You keep wanting to change everything I write, stop it. Learn to comprehend English or don't reply at all.

Let me rephrase this for you. He is a person I have never hung out with. I trade or buy from him once or twice a year. It's not like we are best buds. He is more of an acquaintance. I called him a buddy not a close friend. Just because he said he would pay $160 does not mean he will. I literally texted him telling him he could buy one for $140 an hour after he offered $160 yet he did not buy it.

Just because he said he would pay $160 does not mean he will.

Gotcha, he's one of those kind of people. I know the type. Growing up "buddy" meant close friend, so that threw me off too. I think that might have crept down from Canada.

• Like 1

He does have a point. Depending on the TV you have it will definitely appear sharper but losing the full view area of a modern TV they just aren't that tall vs wide, so you really have to go up in size or you're down into the 20" TV range on things.

Either way it's amusing I had been playing Metroid and dinking around with GB stuff I never played before, and now I'm consumed by 25 year old SNES games and I really don't mind it. Yeah it is a re-run but when you have not rerun them since the 90s or 00s and forgot most/all of it and just get some flashbacks in the process it kind of doesn't matter as you suck now as you did long ago and have to earn that win again. Now harm no foul there.

Let's take this scalping douche talk into the thread iceman made so people can point and comment at scalpers if they're brave enough to admit it other than the blind votes on the poll up top.

• Like 1

Our only local retailer, Fred Meyer, had 12 SNES Classics to sell this year. I guess that's better than last year when they had 7 NES Classics. I was number 14 in line last year and number 20 this year.

I don't know why I even tried again. After last year's experience I've boycotted Nintendo. I haven't purchased anything of theirs including the Switch (and I've purchased every one of their systems upon release ever beginning with the orginal NES in 1986).

Over the last year I've resisted and walked right past the Switch and it's games on the shelf many times. Instead I buy Sony and Microsoft products.

I can't believe it's the case that Nintendo can't produce enough classic systems to keep up with demand. I'm pretty sure the endless shortage is some sort of a marketing plan on Nintendo's part and for that reason I will now refrain from purchasing anything Nintendo.

• Like 2

The point was that an it was an opportunity to make $54.50, and income opportunities like that are few and far between when you're on permanent disability and will never be able to work again. Disability funds pay the bills but they don't leave much leftover for anything else.

Permanent disability, yet you never seem to have a problem traveling all over creation chasing down toys?

I'm pretty sure the endless shortage is some sort of a marketing plan on Nintendo's part and for that reason I will now refrain from purchasing anything Nintendo.

Ya don't say! Hey, maybe there IS something to these (obviously intentional) 'shortages', almost as if they want to FORCE this sort of frenzied artificial market, practically GUARANTEEING that their $10 emulation devices soar into the HUNDREDS and assure continued $ales!

Buy NOW! Limited time offer! Individually numbered pieces, supply is LIMITED!

post-61233-0-27317300-1506893572.jpg

Every yard sale, thrift, and flea will be swarming with these various devices within three years time. By then they'll be on their 50th 'revision' and still laughing from the boardroom while folks tear each other to pieces and whine about "SCALPERS!!!" that they themselves have intentionally created. Mark my words.

;)

• Like 2

There's a lot of different kinds of disabilities. Not everyone who is disabled has non-functioning legs, and thankfully mine work just fine most of the time.

Why even dignify such an ignorant, scummy post with a reply? Such things are no one's business but your own.

His post was intended to be spiteful and bitter. "...yet you never seem to have a problem traveling all over creation chasing down toys?" Can you even imagine an adult - or a properly socialized child for that matter - thinking something so idiotically ignorant, let alone typing it out to a stranger on a video game forum?

A complete loser, obviously.

• Like 3